Reality check

Lean On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13 April 2018, Incheon International Airport

Time was cruel for the two young adults. Mingyu could not make it due to preparations for Seventeen's Japanese album and her brother was still in the military. She sighed and hugged her parents for the one last time and got into the departure hall. Her heart felt heavy but it was inevitable. She is a normal person and he is a famous idol adored by many people like her. Her left middle finger felt heavy with the ring that sparkles brightly under the light. Her boyfriend got it for her so that boys would stay away from her. 

She sighed and glanced at the clock, still early. Her plane will only depart at 10:30 P.M. and she is already inside at 8. Once she gets back to the States, she is going to focus only on her studies and her friends. Between Mingyu and her, they will have to find another way to communicate and keep this long-distance relationship going. 

Feeling bored, she took out her journal and pen down her thoughts. 

It felt surreal to be back in Seoul but I love it. Mingyu and I officially became a couple. This year is my final year of Pre-med and I am going to Med school! I hope this long distance thing work because...I really love him. I haven't told him yet but I really love him. I might really give up on my studies just to be with him. Appa and Omma might kill me for that. On a second thought, what would happen if I just studied here in Seoul? Will we still be a couple? - Cho Minju, 13/ 04/ 2018, 8.53 P.M. 

Indeed, only time can tell whether if their love is strong enough to withstand the obstacles they are going to tackle in a relationship. 

 

♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦

9 December 2018, UCLA 

Minju squealed as she finished her last examinations for the year. She winced as another clap of thunder resonated in the campus. Her best friends were all discussing on where to celebrate for today. She just nodded along and opened her umbrella. 

"Just text me the address. I'll see you guys later!" They nodded and waved at her as she went out in the rainfall and to her bright yellow Volkswagon beetle. Minju the car engine and drove out of the campus and on the way to her house that she bought with her trust funds. 

Her two golden labradors come chasing her as she entered the cosy house with her hair slightly damp from the rain. She shrugs off her heels and went to the kitchen to boil some hot water for a warm cup of tea. Her fingers hovered over her phone and key in the familiar number and waited for the other line to pick up. 

"Mingyu! I just finished my exams! I'm coming-" 

"Oppa is still sleeping. Maybe you would like to call him later. Who is this by the way?" 

"Cho Minju. Tell him to have a good sleep." 

Minju ended

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter