Ch 8

Proposing Mr.Jeon

She stared at the empty ceiling, smiling bitterly when his word knocked her out of the beautiful vivid dream. She shouldn’t have made her own assumption. She laughs at the stupid side of her, she is not rich and her family was a mess, will anyone in his sane mind want to date someone like her? "Miss Park? Are you there?" Jungkook asked after a few seconds of silence. "Oh, sorry. I'm listening." She let out a small chuckled to ease the awkwardness between them. He sighed and continued. 

“Did my action causes you to misunderstand my intention? I’m sorry if I confused you, Miss Park.” He said apologetically, causes Rose to feel more pathetic. How can she ever think that he likes her? Rose just laughed for a couple of seconds as if his words are funny in her ear. Jungkook cannot help but chuckle a little hearing her hearty laughter. “This is so funny Jungkook. I’ll call you later, see you later. Muah~!” She ended the phone call. Her laughter stops as soon as she hung up the call. She cannot help it but feel like her heart is being pinched. She loses all her desire to drink or stay awake for some reason. “Right, one last event tomorrow and it’ll end. I’m just helping a friend.” She whispered to herself before turning off all the light in the room.

She knocked some sense out of her head. He might be a caring person, nice, full of manner and polite. That was why he was behaving like that towards her. But the stupid Park Rose who had her heart broken by Houston thought the fluttering effect whenever she sees Jungkook is pure love. She sighed, thinking about herself. She was not trying to make Jungkook as an escape route as a form of dealing with her broken heart. She should start anew and stop thinking anything related to love right now. "It was because I was lonely and Jungkook was nice. I misunderstood his action. This is nothing related to love." She stated to herself as a reassurance. Anyway, if fate brought her to meet Jungkook again in the future, she'll grab him for herself for sure. 

Rose wore an off-shoulder knee-length white dress with nice violet colour flowers embroidery decorating the dress. Her hair was styled in a low loose bun with some loose strand of hair at the front part, with a small flower was placed at the side of the bun. Giving her the classical elegant vibe, white stilettos complete her style and accessorized with a nice silver clutch. Jungkook was waiting for her at the lobby of the hotel while checking out his email on his phone. Checking documents and works. He glanced at his watch, one hour before the event. He should’ve been there already, but Rose sure taking quiet some times to be ready. Shaking his head, he stood up with his phone was dialling for Rose. “Hello? Miss Park? Are you done?” He asked as soon as the other line answered the call. “I’m here. Turn around.” She chuckled, looking at Jungkook still placing his phone on his ears while turning around to look at her.

“You look great, Miss Park.” Like a gentleman he always be, he complimented her. “Oh Jungkook, you look as stunning as always.” She cheered in excitement. She cannot help it but feel happy and excited when he complimented her. She ran closer towards the man and pull his arm, to wrap it around her waist. “Don’t worry Jungkook. No feelings involve.” She laughed while saying that silly words, naturally she wrapped her arm around him too. Junho was there as the chauffeur. “It’s Lisa's wedding right?” Rose asked, nudging Jungkook by his shoulder. Jungkook sighed inwardly, how can a woman be so casual and friendly to a person she barely knows. Jungkook turns his head, looking at the woman beside him. She was puffing her cheeks while looking out the window, as the car speeding up. He wanted to know what is the thing that she had in mind that makes her be such a cheerful person. “Is there anything you wanted to say?” She suddenly turned around, staring back into his eyes. Jungkook pulled a straight smile, looking back to the front.

“Wow!! The hall is magnificent!” Rose mouth gasped to the sight of the nicely decorated hall, the lighting in the hall was in light rosy pink and warm light giving off romantic vibes. Fresh white and pink roses were decorated all along the aisle and the table. Candle jar, twinkling in the hall make it looks like stars in the night. A band of the orchestra were there, playing some unknown classical music that she didn’t know. This is a mega-scale of a wedding. It was majestic and grand. Jungkook nodded his head to her words, they both lead their steps into the bride’s waiting room. It’s the place where we could take pictures with the bride. Rose gasped for the second time when she laid her eyes on Lisa. She is the most beautiful bride she has ever seen in her whole life.

“Lisa! You look amazing!!! Can I hug you?” Rose cheered with her high pitched voice causes Lisa to laugh at the funny girl. Rose pulled her into a hug, a congratulatory hug. Rose cannot help it but to adore the bride, she’s pretty and she smells nice too. “Jungkook! You should smile a little. Your best friend is getting married.” Rose place both of her hand on her waist looking at the straight face Jungkook. She noticed it since both of them are one the way to this banquet hall. His face was not softened by the usual smile that he had, he looks stone-cold and unapproachable today. He did not react to most of her words too, Rose look at the man for a few second, trying to understand the situation. Lisa look up and exchange some odd look with him but Rose pretends like she didn’t see anything. She was sure, this situation looks like two-person who love each other but cannot be together. Rose shrugged, maybe she was just assuming things. Rose sat beside Lisa and signalling Jungkook to stand behind the both of them, before posing for the photographer.

“Ladies and gentlemen, please be seated on your chair as the ceremony will be starting in fifteen minutes.” The MC was making an announcement asking people to sit on their seat, so the ceremony could start. Jungkook and Rose were already sat on their chair, waiting for their table mate to come. They didn’t exchange many words after both of them get out of the bride’s waiting room. “Oh, Jungkook?” A woman that looks like the mid-50s with elegant red dress said, she was accompanied by a dashing mid-50s man who looks clean and sleek in his black and white suit. “Omma? Appa?” Jungkook turned his head abruptly responding to the voice. His parents are supposed to be in Sweden for works but why are they here. “Who is this lady beside you?” She sat down, on the empty chair beside her son. Smiling to the lady in red hair. Rose waved her hand at the old lady, reaching out for a handshake. “She’s Park Rose, my girlfriend,” Jungkook stated, glancing at both of his parent who looks at him in disbelief. They also knew that Jungkook was so in love with Lisa his whole life and suddenly introducing a girl to them that are not Lisa, they blink their eyes a couple of times. Digesting the situation.

“She’s pretty. Can we change our sit Jungkook-ah? I wanted to sit beside her, you should talk with your father.” She stood up, exchanging her seat with her son. Rose chuckled to look at Jungkook anxious face but he did not say much. Rose looked at him, she should let him be and gave him space to relax. “Nice to meet you, Mrs Jeon.” Rose bowed her head, but suddenly she got a hug from the old lady. “I finally got to meet Jungkook’s girl. I’m glad that he found a girl for himself. Where are you from Rose-ah?” She asked, holding onto Rose’s arm real tight. They both started to exchange some girls talk, about the bride’s dress, about the decoration, some talk about hobbies and more about girl stuff. “Your mom seems to like that girl. Bring her to the family dinner next month.” The old Mr Jeon said, patting the shoulder of the young Jeon. The wedding ceremony ended faster than he was aware, as he paid more attention to his parents’ conversation with Rose rather than listening to their wedding vow. “I feel sad to let her go!” Mrs Jeon whine while hugging Rose in her arm, shaking the girl right to left in excitement. “Me too!!” Rose replied, playing along with Mrs Jeon, kissing her cheeks a couple of time. She felt like a mother’s love. Mrs Jeon chuckled and replied the kiss by kissing Rose’s cheeks too. “Bye~!” She waved at both of them, smiling at them sincerely. “We shall go to the after-party. Let’s go to Miss Park you got a flight to catch after that.”

Papa was already waiting for them once they got out of the huge ballroom. The old man was smiling at both of them while sitting in the private lounge at the hotel. Jungkook leads Rose into the lounge, pulling a chair for her in front of the old man who was smiling with satisfaction. He is satisfied that Lisa is finally married to Taehyung after all the trouble he had been through to set them up. "So Jungkook, when will it be your turn? Looking at the young lady that you brought her, it will be anytime soon, right?" The man said in his old husky voice, that left the trace of his age. Jungkook just smiles at the old man without a reply. Glancing at Rose, didn't want to let her feel uncomfortable. 

"I've made a promise to your parents just now. I'll arrange you a great wedding for you if you marry this girl this year. We agreed on some paper works and deal if you agree to marry this lady. Just think it as a gift from your grandpa." The old man continued to speak. Jungkook was strike into a shock, he was staring at his drink without reaction. He should not reject papa words. His parents made him promise to obey this old man despite whatever ridiculous wishes he had. Rose shook her head abruptly as soon as he ended his word. "Oh no, Sir. I'm not planning on marrying him. I've  just met him a few time, we cannot rush this relationship." Rose replied, shaking it off with an awkward laugh before continuing.  Both  Jungkook and the grandpa turned silences after Rose confidently gave her answer to his words. The old man should have known that it takes two to tango. Even if Jungkook agreed to his idea, it does not mean that the lady will agree to his idea.

"You know what? Your prank almost got me, Sir. You are such a funny man." Rose let out a genuine laugh this time, thinking she might be tricked by the two of the guy. "But thank you for your offer, we're not getting married any time soon," Rose said in her cheerful tone, taking a sip of her drink smiling to the old man as if nothing happens.  The old man nodded his head and smiled at the bright lady in front of him. Jungkook looks at her, probably she had no idea how powerful is the man who was currently sitting in front of her. That was why she was so confident talking to the oldman.  "Don't worry Sir, if Jungkook is fated for me then I'll grab him myself." She cheered, and the old man burst into a peal of hearty laughter. "She's a keeper Jungkook-ah." The old man said and Jungkook nodded his head responding to the old man. The courageous version of Park Rose is really charming.