Ch 12

Proposing Mr.Jeon

“Let’s go away from here, Miss Park,” Jungkook said, taking her right hand and escorted her to the car. “Be careful, Miss Park.” He uttered when Rose almost fell to the ground and opened the door for her. The drive was quiet. She didn’t speak a word and neither does Jungkook. He must be wondering why was she at Kim Taehyung’s family’s mansion and why Taehyung grabbing her arm tight. The radio was off and just the sound of the air conditioner and soft lulls of the engine. Unable to withstand the silence, Rose speak up “Aren’t you going to ask me anything?”

Suddenly, Jungkook pulls over his car when he listens to her question. Rose look around, they were park beside a river. Jungkook sighed before he stepped out from the car and slammed the door hard. Causes a loud bang sounds made, causes Rose to flinch to his sudden mood change. She never saw this side of Jungkook, this is new. Rose was fidgeting in her seat, contemplating whether to step out from the car or to stay put on the seat. After a few minutes, Jungkook gets back into the car.

“A-are you okay? Jungkook?” Rose asked, trying to smile at him who seems to be a little under the weather. He nodded to her words, and keep on driving. Maybe he didn’t want to talk, Rose thought to herself. Decided to remain silent until she arrived at her hotel.

Jungkook spares some glances at the lady beside him who keep her head straight looking to the front. The car stopped at the traffic light, Jungkook looks at the girl again with thousands of question running in his mind. Why does Rose be at Taehyung’s mansion at this time? Does Taehyung know that his wife was worried sick knowing him cannot have dinner with her? Imagine how upsetting this scenario to Lisa, her husband takes home another girl and refuse to have dinner together with her. He hates the fact that Taehyung was taking Lisa for granted and keep hurting her. He didn’t want Lisa to cry and feeling remorseful. His silences were interrupted by the sounds of the plastic wrapper, glancing to his side, Rose was unwrapping candy and ate it.

“Miss Park, did you have dinner with Taehyung?” Jungkook asked, comforting his head that this lady beside him did not try to wreck Lisa’s marriage and dinner with Taehyung due to work. Rose let out a soft laugh, “It’s more to like attending a court rather than a dinner. I can’t even pick up my fork.” She replied lightly. Feeling relief that Jungkook talked to her again. “So, Miss Park, is there anything that you want to eat?” he asked, feeling bad for the girl that seems so hungry.

“McDonald? Double cheeseburger?” Rose raised her brows, turning her head, looking at the man beside her. A smirked was formed on his face, causes Rose to smile. Jungkook nodded his head, “Anything for your hungry tummy Miss Park.” He said, chuckled when his reply causes Rose to laugh heartily. So, there they were, sitting in a McDonald, with just one set of a double cheeseburger on the table. Without much talking, Rose started gnawing her food, dipping her fries in the chilli sauces and eating it to the fullest.

“You should eat to Jungkook,” Rose said, extending her arm, trying to feed Jungkook her double cheeseburger. He dodged it and shook his head. “I’m not used to eat fast food.” He said. Rose gasped and closed with both of her hands, pretending to be shocked. “Why? It’s delicious!” Rose asked, continued gnawing her food.

“My mom always makes delicious wholesome food so, I choose home-cooked food over fast food because it’s healthier and tastier.” Jungkook crosses his arm, watching her eating like a starving person. “You are lucky. Your mom must be a nice and a great cook.” Rose smile thinly, and continued to eat, reminiscing the words that echoed in her mind. She didn’t have a mother that willingly cook for her, she used to eat takeout food and most of the time the fridge in her house was filled with processed food that only needed to be heated up. Her father never said anything about her real mother, whenever she asked him about her mother, he will snap and walked out of the house, leaving her alone in the house. After a series of event, she refuses to ask about her mother anymore because she was scared that her father will leave her forever. Rose shook her head, pulling herself to the present.

“Why did Taehyung said that you will attend the dinner too?” Rose spurted, suddenly remembering Taehyung’s words yesterday. Rose leaned forward, propping her head on her hands, while her other hand was dabbing the napkin on her lips. “He never says anything to me about any dinner.” Jungkook tilted his head, wondering why did she ask him that. Only Taehyung knew why did he lie to Rose.

“Let’s go if you’re done,” Jungkook stated, looking at the empty tray in front of him. Rose was smiling, leaning back to her seat, still smiling. “Can we just stay like this here for a few minutes?” Rose asked, and he nodded his head. Looking down at his phone when he got nothing to talk about. Rose was leaning at her seat, staring at Jungkook’s flawless structured face and he was typing on his phone, his attention was fully on the phone. The quiet atmosphere around them was somewhat comforting her confused mind. Suddenly his phone rang.

“Hello? Lisa?” He answered the call right away without 0.1 seconds delayed. “What? You unable to reach him?” He asked. “He did not pick up my call, could you call Rose and check her out whether the conferences is still ongoing?” She said anxiousness was clearly heard from her voice. Jungkook let out a long exhales. “Yeah, Rose told me that the conference will be ending a little late today.” Jungkook lifted her gaze, to look at the girl in front of him. Their eyes clashed, Rose pulled a straight smile before picking up her purse and stood up. Jungkook nodded his head and stood up with the phone at his ear. After the both of them get out of the dinner, Jungkook ended his phone call and drove Rose back to the hotel without much words exchange.

“Mom? What is this?” Taehyung walked back into the dining room where his parents and his grandpa were sitting. The old couple just remains silent as the grandpa look down on them with a tired look. “If she really is your daughter, we should take her back and make her a part of our family.” The grandpa said, shaking his head, looking at the huge amount of check that was placed on the table. “I don’t get it mom, dad! That was my friend that you attacked just now! Now tell me! Tell me what the hell is going on?” Taehyung yelled, feeling devastated when he felt like he was unable to comprehend the situation.

“She is your step sister. Your mother got a child from her previous relationship before she got married to your father and be your stepmother.” The grandpa stated, causes Taehyung to shut his mouth and sat down on the chair beside the old man.

“Father, this must be my ex-husband plan to ask for money,” Sooyoung spoke, causes the old man to shake his head more.

“She doesn’t want our money mom. She was clearly terrified about this! She was trembling before Jungkook came to pick her up!” Taehyung sat beside his grandpa, shaking his head while looking at both of his parents who have looked as frustrated as his grandpa. He almost yelled at his mother in anger. He was baffled with this sudden attack that his family make on Rose.  The lady came to dinner did not know that they were trying to intimidate her. 

“I think it is right to do a DNA test and check for it. Then we could discuss it with her, don’t just attack here like that anymore.” Taehyung added more. “I think it is good to keep her on our side. Marry her off to Kim’s family member. Don’t forget that your father leaves a hefty amount of property in his will for his lost granddaughter.” The old Mr Kim said, observing everyone in the room while telling them his plan.

“Father, I don’t think that we should bring in the kid into our family. The people that knew about her were just the three of us. Taking her into the family will only cause disgrace to our family.” This time the husband spoke his mind. “She was an illegitimate child that I had by mistake,” Sooyoung said feeling anxious in taking the child back into the family.

“That’s why I told you, let’s make her a part of our family. Put her in our family registration. Marry her off with my other grandson.” Grandpa said causes Taehyung to gasp. This will be way more complicated than the current situation. Jungkook and Rose were a couple, what happens to them if they were forced to be separated and she then married off to another guy. Teahyung shook his head, still listening to every detail of the conversation.

“Kim Seokjin?” Minseok asked, raising his brows looking at his old father. 

"This is not right! Why are you guys arranging someone that you actually never met your entire life?? Are you sure she's the out wed kid  that belongs to mom??" Taehyung raised his voice, looking at the elderly in the room and his parent. He loses his temper and he almost flips the table upside down. 

"I'm sure she's the loss granddaughter of your father. She look exactly like you when she was young!" The old man said glaring at Mrs Kim and  Taehyung who were seeming angry to the people in the room. Giving up on his ears, Taehyung stood up and bowed to the oldies in the room refused to listen more coming out from their mouth before making his way out of the mansion.

“Please pick up my call Park Rose!” Taehyung yelled in frustration, walking into the penthouse that belongs to him and his wife. He had been calling Rose since he drove out from the mansion’s lawn. Lisa stood at the doorframe of their room watching her husband. “Could you reach Jungkook?” Taehyung asked, suddenly when his eyes spotted his wife in her sleeping silk robe watching him from afar. “He might already be asleep. Why? Is there anything that I could help you with?” Lisa arranged her steps closer to her husband. Helping him taking off his jacket and tuxedo. “You look tired Taehyung. Let’s go to bed.” Lisa pulled her husband’s hand. However, Taehyung dodged her hands and just walked into his reading room. Ignoring her words coldly. Without realizing, a drop of tear flew down from her left eye while looking at the closed door of the office room.

"Pick up the call Park Rose!!!" He yelled. Lisa who was standing at the other side of the door flinched to the sudden outburst. "Taehyung, I'll help you. Tell me what is going on." She knocked on the door a couple of time. "I needed to talk to Park Rose. Right now." He opened the door, with a flushed face. Lisa nodded her head and pretended as if she was calling for Jungkook. 

"Yup?" Jungkook pick-up the call from Lisa. "Is Rose with you?" She asked anxiously. "No, I just dropped her off to her place." He replied it short and asked "Lisa? Why? What do you want from Miss Park?" Lisa shook her head and turned off her phone. "She's not with Jungkook right now. He already sends her home." Lisa said to Taehyung who was walking back and forth thinking for a way to not make Rose out of his family's problem.