Ch 4

Proposing Mr.Jeon

Jungkook arrived at the apartment that belongs to the company around 10 at night when all of his meeting and business plan’s dinner were done. He entered the house to some strange sight of the bright house, with two women at the kitchen doing stuff. “You still didn’t go home Xiou?” Jungkook placed down his briefcase and jacket looking at his house helper who was smiling at him awkwardly. “Hey, Jungkook! We’re making cupcakes here. It’s for her son.” Rose waved her hand at him, placing the nicely decorated cupcakes into a food container.

“I asked for Miss Park to help to prepare 30 cupcakes for my son’s family day tomorrow at his school. I’ve texted you asking for permission to use your kitchen.”Xiou replied placing the extra cupcakes on the plate and place it on the breakfast bar. “Oh? Really, it’s okay then. Do you need a ride going home?” He sat on the stood, folding his sleeves and removing his necktie. He had a long day today. Rose smiled at Xiou while both of them cleaning up the counter and washing the utensil. Xiou was so scared earlier when she got a call from his son and her oven was broken. She was scared if Jungkook might felt upset and chased her away for messing up his untouched kitchen. The kitchen was pretty much empty, it only has some cereals, eggs and milk. Some canned food and bread. This kitchen looks like it was never been used, even the oven still got the manual book on the baking rack.

“It’s okay. My husband will pick me up in ten minutes.” She replied causes Jungkook to nod his head, he left the kitchen with his briefcase and jacket in his hand. Rose peeked, looking at his back, watching him walking into his room. “He is so nice, isn’t he?” She said and smiled cheekily at Mrs Xiou the house helper. The helper just chuckled and nodded, “You’re nice too Miss Park. Thank you for helping me.” She bowed her head politely to the lovely young lady.

“I didn’t! I almost got your cupcake burnt.” Rose said wittily, taking a big bite on the cupcake. She hummed happily to the sweet taste of the cupcake reach . She loves it. Mrs Xiou bid her goodbye when she received a call from her husband. Rose was alone in the kitchen staring at the empty kitchen, the smell of freshly baked cupcakes still wafted around. Looking around, she cannot help but remember the memories of her and Houston. Houston doesn’t know how to cook and neither she.  Most of the time they will cook canned food or frozen good. But even in cooking tomato soup from a can could create happy memory together where they both fight on how a tomato soup should taste like, sour or sweet or just savoury. Rose cannot help but to think to herself, did he even missing her like how she missed him and this broken feeling in her heart, does he feel the same. But the fire that extinguishing at the longing and aching in her heart was her anger and sense of betrayal was greater than anything right now. Rose shook her head and walk toward the master bedroom. Knocking the door a few times.

“Is there anything that I could help you with Miss Park?” He said right away as soon as he opened the door. She smiled at him cheekily and just barged into his room. And her eyes almost bulged out looking at his enormous room. It was absolutely bigger than the room she stayed in. She walked into the room, looking around the walk-in closet, the en-suite bathroom and the humongous bed with fluffy duvet. She sat on the bed and with her hand smoothing out the fabric of the duvet.

“This room is amazing!!” She chuckled in excitement, looking at Jungkook who was staring at her without blinking. Jungkook just remains silent watching the lady getting excited by herself in his room. He never let any girl to just walk into his room, only Lalisa Manoban was allowed to enter his room. He was never an open person, he does help people a lot but his life is nowhere anyone reaches other than his family and Lisa. He likes to help people but when someone started to get more of him, he’ll feel uncomfortable.

“Miss Park, I’m sorry but this makes me uncomfortable. You shall go back to your room.” He stood straight right at his open wide door. He didn’t smile this time, his face was just stoic with no expression. Rose stood up right away, smiling awkwardly knowing she had to cross a line she shouldn’t have. She arranged her heels closer towards Jungkook, standing straight in front of him close enough that her breath could reach his jaw as he tilted his head away. “Sorry!” She squinted her eyes when he moves his eyes towards her. He stepped away from her and look at her in her eyes “Goodnight Miss Park.” Suddenly, she moved closer, pulling his head closer to her, by wrapping her arm around his neck.

“You should get some rest, Mr Jeon.” She whispered to him and planted a kiss on his cheek before skidding back to her room. “Thank you for everything Jungkook-shi!” She cheered without looking back and closed her door shut. He sighed heavily, that girl was so unpredictable. He shook his head and took out his phone again. “Sorry, someone knocked on my door just now.” He said as he sat back on his bed getting ready to sleep. Getting the chance to hear the voice of the one that he misses the most and love the most causes all of his exhaustion today to vanish into thin air. “At this time of night?? Wow! That’s pretty new for you Jungkook.” Lisa cheered from the other side of the line causes him to laugh, imagining her excited face when cheering for him.

“Breakfast?” Rose asked when she saw Jungkook walked out from his room while putting on his suit. He nodded at her and walk closer to the table, to the sight of two bowls of cereal and a jug of milk. Rose sat and says “There was nothing in the kitchen other than this. I burnt some eggs just now, so, just the cereal for today.” She started to eat and just smile at him politely. She was starving to death, and she woke up pretty early today. Jungkook nodded at her and started to eat.

“You know what Jungkook. I might sound insane but you look stunning in suits and tie. Like a typical guy in those Korean dramas wearing suit and tie.” She chuckled and continued to eat. Jungkook let out a cough and fixed his necktie. "Thanks for the compliment, Miss Park." Rose nodded to his word. She got a habit of squinting her eyes when she smiles. Jungkook just looks at her, in silence. Will she agree to his plan? Will papa bought it? He had thought of he should ask Rose to help him.