Ch 6

Proposing Mr.Jeon

Rose scratch her head for another millionth time, looking at her watch, she should’ve already in Incheon but the flight was delayed for a few hours and her phone is in flight mode, she cannot make any phone call. Jungkook must’ve been there already. Rose stood up from her seat, going into the restroom, she needs to fix some makeup on her face so she doesn’t look like a mess in front of the gentleman named Jeon Jungkook. She chuckled to herself, feeling some butterflies flapping their wings in her tummy. She’s excited to meet him. The last time she saw him was when he dropped her in front of her apartment complex on the day she confronts her family about Houston Lau. Jungkook asked her to be his girlfriend and accompany him to some corporate party in Korea, she didn’t say no. She still remembers, that day, when she said she is willing to give anything if he needs a favour. It turns out that he needed a girlfriend, a girlfriend that can accompany him to any kind of social event and gathering.

“What kind of help will you do for me, Miss Park?” He asked, this time, he was back to being the serious Mr Jeon. Rose smile assuring him her words. “Anything! The stars, the moon, the sun? Well, it’s just a single snapped of my finger!” She added laughing to her own word.“Then, will you be my girlfriend Miss Park?” His words seem surreal to her ears and she looks at him for a couple second. Her brain is processing his words thoroughly. “Is it some kind of help that you need for now?” She asked, hitting Jungkook’s arm while laughing out loud but the man looks like he was nowhere near a joking kind of state. Rose shook her head, thinking that the guy had a cute way of hitting on a girl. “Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend if that what you need. Anything for you right?” Rose nodded her head and smiled at the man beside her.

The way he asked her to his girlfriend was kind of awkward, but she had nothing in her mind to reject him. He is nice, a gentleman, full of manner and not to forget his look is amazing. Rose zipped up her makeup pouch and get out from the toilet when the seat belt signal is back on for landing. She took a day off from office, and two days of the weekend it will make up for three days in the Republic of Korea. Rose arrived at the arrival gate late four hours than she is supposed to because of the delay. The watch show it was almost 8 in the evening. “Miss Park Rose?” A man came approaching her, with cardboard of her name written on it.

“Who are you?” Rose asked, in confusion, did not recognize the man in front of her. He is absolutely not Jeon Jungkook. The man smiled awkwardly at her, slowly taking her luggage and ushered her to the car. “I’m Kim Junho, Mr Jeon's assistant. I was supposed to take you and send you to the hotel.” He said causes Rose to nod her head while following the man to the car. “How long have you been working with Jungkook?” Rose asked when the ride became extremely quiet and long. “Four years Miss.” He replied, glancing at the lady by looking at the rear mirror. Rose nodded her head, and look around the night view of Seoul. “We are here Miss Park.” He parks the car at the driveway and the valet took the car. Junho extends his hand, signalling her the way to the hall.

“I thought we’re going to the room that I’ll be staying tonight?” She asked in a hushed voice, looking at the grand door of the big hall. She looks at the assistant with invisible hand waving for help in her mind. She was not looking anywhere near ready for a party. She was just wearing a long sleeve beige crop top and high waist jeans. “Yeah, that’s the original plan but Miss you are four hours late.” The assistant whispered back to her before he received a call. She tapped her feet on the floor as the result of anxiety. The party looks high end even from outside of the hall. “Thank god you’re here.” A voice suddenly appears as soon as the door is opened. Jungkook was in his suit and tie looking exquisitely beautiful as always. Rose smiled at him awkwardly and waved her hand. That face belongs to Jungkook make her forget all kind of problem in the world. “Thanks, Junho!” Jungkook patted his assistant by his shoulder and smile at Rose with his typical friendly smile.

“Can I get into the hall with this kind of dressing?” Rose asked, stepped closer to the man named Jungkook. Jungkook still smiling at her, scanning her from top to toe. “You look just amazing Miss Park.” He pulled the door opened for her to enter the ballroom. A big beautiful hall with a lot of chandeliers. Rose stepped closer to Jungkook, pulling his arm, wrapping it around her waist forcefully. “Pull me tight, so I don’t feel out of place.” She almost yelled when Jungkook tried to remove his hand from wrapping around her waist. She was wearing a crop top, asking a man to wrap his hand around her waist is not a good thing. Jungkook shook his head. Rose body jerked as his fingers touched the bare part of her waist, but she ignores the electrifying tinge as she was extremely nervous. She was never been in any kind of high-end event.

“Papa!! Happy birthday Papa!” Jungkook said as soon as he saw the old man came approaching them. Rose look at the old man and Jungkook alternately, looking for resembles of the two. “Your dad?” She asked, in her hushing voice but actually loud enough for anyone three feet away. The old man looks at the hand wrapped around her waist, and he smiles at the lady. “He is my parent’s investor. He is like my own grandfather to me.” Jungkook explain causes the old man to chuckle. Rose cannot help it but laugh at her own silly thought. “I’m Park Rose~! Nice to meet you. Please take care of me.” She bowed her head, into a ninety-degree bow, releasing Jungkook from her side. Smiling at the old man.

“How old are you today?” She asked, in her, squinted eyes smile gaining a peal of laughter from papa. “I’ll be 78 today.” He replied while Rose put both of her hands in front of with her shock face. “Oh my, you look like the 50s.” She cheered and nudged the old man out of her friendly manner. Her action causes Jungkook to pull her away from the old man, “We are going to get something to eat. Excuse us, papa." Jungkook bowed his head to the old man and Rose did the same too with a really bright smile on her face. 

“Don’t let go!!! I got another pair of eyes at the back of my head!” Rose said as her eyes laid on the food in front of her, holding Jungkook’s hand with her left hand while the right hand she used to take food from the buffet into her plate. Jungkook shook his head, looking at her behaviour. Lisa approached him with a big smile on her face. “Have you eat food?” She asked, raising her brows looking at the man in front of her. “It’s amazing. The event is well planned.” He replied and let go of the hand he was holding, focusing his attention to the beautiful smiling angel called Lisa. “How’s life? Is everything okay?” He asked in his comforting voice, and stare back into the brown orbs belongs to Lalisa.

“Well— it’s” Lisa stop mid-sentence when Rose came and stand in between the two. She was standing in between of the two with two hands of full plate. “You? Who are you? And you, why did you let go of my hand?” She said in her usual high pitched voice, glaring at Jungkook. Jungkook sighed, before pulling a bitter smile on his face.