Ch 3

Proposing Mr.Jeon

“Miss Park? Are you done?” Jungkook went back to the dining hall in his complete suit. He decided to send her home and went to work right away. She pulled a bitter face, unwillingly stood up from the dining chair. She followed him to the main door of the apartment. Both of them get into his car, in silence. Rose looks out the window, thinking where she should go for the time being. She needed to be alone, she didn’t want to come back home with this raging anger in her heart. She might kill Houston Lau if she saw him right now.

“Could you tell me your address, Miss Park?” Jungkook breaks the silence between them, his eyes focused on the busy road. Rose snapped back to reality and turn her head to look at the man who was driving beside her. “You could just drop me off here.” She said while getting ready to get out of the car.

“Here?? It’s a mall, Miss Park.” Jungkook pulls down the speed of his car slowly and stops at the roadside. He glances around, looking at the busy road and a few huge malls along the busy road. He was certain, there is no residence here except for huge malls and some office buildings. He looks at her for assurance. She just smiled at him and bow to him politely. “There’s a church a few minutes of walk from here. I’ll just stay there for a few nights.” She stated and get out of the car. She waved her hand at him before walking into the huge mall.

“Oh, Lord!” Jungkook sighed and pull out his key. He gets out of the car and ran towards the lady. He took off his jacket while running towards her, she got a pretty long leg for a woman so she walks pretty fast. “Miss Park. Wear this.” He catches up her pace and blocks her way from walking too deeply into the mall. He places his jacket on her shoulder and asked her to wear the jacket properly.

“Why are you giving me your jacket?” Rose asked in wonder. A few small beads of sweat are forming on his forehead and he was panting for air. His amazing visual attracted some eyes to look at him. “I’ll buy you some women clothes and some underwear. Let’s go.” He talked politely to her and lead the way to the nearest women’s clothing store. He walked into the store and gain multiple attention with his long strides and charismatic aura.

“Just pick some comfortable clothes for yourself, Miss Park. I’ll buy it for you.” He sat down on the waiting bench at the store, taking out his smartphone and fixing his gaze on the phone. Rose stood in front of him awkwardly, looking at the store worker that is ready to serve her. She moved towards the nearest rack with some basic shirts and pants. She took a shirt and pant. Not to forget the undergarment too.

“Jungkook, I’m done.” She mumbled slowly in embarrassment, she must have been a burden to him. Jungkook steps forward to the counter to make a payment but halted when he looks into the basket. “Excuse me. Could you give me that long jacket in her size? And, another pair of shirt and pant of her size.” He said to the worker causes the worker to walk back to the rack taking the clothes that he asked for.

“That won’t be necessary. I don’t need a jacket.” Rose whispered to him in an uncomfortable tone. She didn’t have any money on her, but at the same time, she didn’t want to use other people’s money. And the store looks pretty high end, that even a piece of basic t-shirt could cost almost a hundred dollar. The jacket must have cost a fortune. “It’s going to be cold at night. You’ll need it, Miss Park.” He smiled at her in comfort, he didn’t want her to feel embarrassed.

After the short shopping session, Jungkook took the paper bag and walk out from the store, glancing at Rose, signalling her to follow his step. Rose just nodded without a word. They walked back to his car, like a gentleman, he opened the door for her. She bowed at him and mouth as simple thanks. “I’ve made up my mind. You could stay at my apartment for a while.” Rose turned her head to look at the gentleman beside her. He clearly opposed the idea of her staying in his place but now, the situation had changed. He changes his mind.

“Thank you so much Jungkook! I’ll not cause you any trouble. I swear!!” She raised one of her hand with a wide smile on her face. Jungkook just shook his head and kept on driving without saying more. He was raised to be a gentleman like his dad. His dad will always pull over their car and offer for a ride when he saw people getting stranded at the roadside with their broken car. His father never asked of anything in return, he just wanted to share some good side of the world to the unlucky people. The old Jeon also loved to be a volunteer in helping at some orphanage and old folk’s home. His mother was more amazing than the old Jeon, she loves animal, plants, little kids and people. She opened up a skill centre for single mother so they could learn multiple skill to gain income. She even opened up a small transit place for single mothers or women that had nowhere to go after being abandoned by their family or husband. Hence, Jungkook was nurture in a surrounding that full of wonderful people that love to help others. He just cannot lay back and watch Rose wandering in the city.

The car stopped at the driveway of the luxury apartment. He took out an access card and gave it to Rose. “Help yourself and take some rest.” Jungkook smiled and get out of his car and opened the door for Rose at the passenger’s side.

Rose bowed to him politely and look at him, he raised his hand into a quick wave before he runs back into his car heading off to work. Her heart stops when she saw Jungkook lean forward to look at her for a bit before pressing on the accelerator. He was so nice towards her, he prepared breakfast, a warm bath and even bought clothes for her. When he barely knew her identity. He was polite and full of manner when interacting with her, and Rose was surely certain that this kind of guys is almost none exist in the world. Rose continued her step into the luxury apartment complex, passing by the main entrance and accessing the private lift using the card given to her.

Rose walked into the huge luxurious apartment. She was mesmerized, there was a grand piano in the living space, with nice drapes of beige curtain layer with a white curtain. The sofa was huge L-shape sofa facing a wall that has a huge LED flat-screen television attached to it. At the corner of the living space, there is one armchair in a royal blue colour giving a nice contrast to the rest of the living hall. A nice green plant is located at the other corner of the living space. The kitchen was stunning in minimalist design and marble top. Rose walked around the house appreciating all the details in the house that makes the house looks luxurious but yet so comfortable.

She plopped down on the sofa and the television, avoiding any seconds of loneliness into her body. “Miss Park Rose? Mr Jeon asked me to bring up some lunch for you.” Women in her late 40s suddenly appear causes Rose to freeze in her spot. Nodding her head without saying a thing, she just smiles at the lady. She followed the lady to the dining table where the food is already served. “Oh, thank you. I could just cook for myself. I’m sorry for burdening you. By the way, may I know who are you?” The lady let out a small chuckled at her and replied. “Don’t worry Miss Park. I’m the house helper.” The lady left the dining area after she took a vacuum cleaner. The way the lady replied to her causes Rose to smile awkwardly. She was not what the lady had in mind.

The sound of his phone ringing, cause Jungkook to change is gaze from the LCD screen and walk out from the briefing session. “Hello? Papa? Is there anything that I could help you with?” Jungkook answer the phone call, a call from the grandfather of the woman he loved. He had a really close relationship with the old man and his family had been in debt with this man. Therefore, his family got nothing to complain to serve the old man.

“Oh, it nothing actually. My people around Lisa had been telling me that you cause Lisa to hesitate about her decision on marrying the son of the VK group’s chairman. And there is a possibility that you are the one who wanted to marry my dear Lisa. Is that right?” His voice is stern and his growling could cause anybody to run away from the old man. “I could guarantee you, it was nothing like that. I’m sorry if I caused you any inconvenience.” Jungkook replied, bowing lightly while talking to the old man. “Great then, prove it on my birthday.” He hung up the phone without waiting for Jungkook’s reply.

Jungkook stared at his phone for a few seconds. Processing the words from the old man. What exactly did he need to prove to the old man? Prove it that he will not hinder the wedding between Taehyung and Lisa? He frowned in confusion.