Ch 10

Proposing Mr.Jeon

It had been two months since the day she and Houston sat down in the dining table and talk their issue together. Since then, Rose swear to herself to forget all her memories with Houston Lau and living her own life with a new beginning. Her house was redecorated back into a nice, feminine style mix and match of pink and white in the house. Pulling her small luggage out of her room, checking out the house for one last time before locking the door. She had a work trip to Korea, with her team.

“Park Rose! I’m glad that you were chosen to be on this work trip. I’m sure we won’t be lost with you around us.” Xianyu said as soon as she saw Rose walked towards them.

“Oh no, babe. I’ve only been to Korea three times. So, I didn’t know much about it.” She said, slapping her colleague’s shoulder playfully. Arriving at Incheon airport, for the fourth time in her life. She cannot help it but feel a sense of familiarity and a sense of home every time she step on to this country. As expected from her company, they were delivered to the dorm and the work started without giving them a chance to relax.

“Please excuse me for a second. I’m going to the loo.” It was already a week since she arrived in Korea but she only had been in two places. The conference room, meeting room and the dorm. The back-to-back seminar for the proposal and some project discussion between the two companies. Her week here was merely on the job matter. Rose ran to the toilet as soon as they got out of the conference room for the lunch break. Fixing her blonde hair into a neat ponytail, she put back on some lip tint on her lips that already losing its colour. Walking out from the toilet, she went to the lobby back looking for her colleagues.

“Rose~!” A loud hoarse voice suddenly erupted her peaceful eardrum causes Rose to turn around looking at the person who yelled her name. Kim Taehyung was running towards her, waving his hand like an excited kid while his guards ran after him too.

“President. The conference was about to start, we shall go before your father came first.” His personal assistant whispered but still audible to Rose who was already standing in front of Taehyung.

“Why are you here?” He asked after he shot a glare to his assistant. Signalling the man to shut his mouth.

“Nothing much, just attending work course. You?” She asked, smiling at the man in her typical friendly manner.

“Me too!” He said in excitement, causes Rose to laugh looking at him. “Have you had your lunch?” Taehyung lifted both of his brows, nudging the pretty girl beside him.

"Nope. I’m heading to the café maybe. You want to come?” She asked scrunching her nose while waiting for his reply. Taehyung was wearing a blue suit with a white dress shirt underneath coupled with a baby blue necktie, causes his brown hair to glow more. He was one good looking guy she admitted it. “Let me show you a good place for lunch.”

Without much hustle, Rose and V were already seated for lunch in some high-end café. Both of them remained silent for a few moments, suddenly realizing that they were not that close actually. “So, Rose is your real name?” He asked, playing with the utensil on the table waiting for his food. “I had two names, Park Rose and Park Chaeyoung.” She replied, leaning forward looking at the platinum ring on Taehyung’s ring finger. Reminded of the wedding ring that she bought with Houston. “How many siblings do you have?” He asked, smirking, knowing that the lady in front of him was staring at his wedding ring. “One step-sister?” She replied, carelessly.

“What about you?” She asked, nodding her head to the waiter that came and place down their drinks on the table. “I’m an only child,” V replied, taking a sip of his espresso.

“I didn’t know you were at our conference. We just met each other on the third day right? Too bad, we should see each other earlier.” Taehyung smiled at the young lady and munching down his piece of steak. While Rose was taking a huge bite of her pasta. “We need to hurry. We only got another 15 minutes until the next session start.” Rose state while was still full of pasta.

“This place serves the best pasta in town,” Lisa said, smiling at her best friend who pushed the door open for her to enter the grand restaurant. “Well, if you say so then it must be true.” Jungkook laughed knowing that this girl was not much of an eater. He rarely got a chance to have lunch with Lisa after she got married because she paid most of her attention and time towards her family and her husband, Kim Taehyung.

“Which seat do you prefer?” Jungkook asked, observing the restaurant’s seating layout. The restaurant got a great view of Seoul busy streets by its window and the open concept make the restaurant appear relaxing and warm. His gaze halted when he saw a familiar silhouette. Her hair was in a neat ponytail and it was no longer red. He cannot see the face of the man who was sitting in front of her as his back was facing him. Why is she here? Jungkook thought to himself. “Jungkook, isn’t that Rose?” Lisa turns her head, looking at her best friend.

“Miss Park!” Jungkook said while he and Lisa walked approaching the table. Rose who was eating attentively, raised up her head when she heard his voice. That smooth and soothing voice. Her face lit up with a bright smile, dabbing her lips with the napkin while pointing her finger at Jungkook causes Taehyung to turn his body to look at what did she point at.

“V?! What are you doing here?” Lisa asked in surprise. Looking at her husband that said he cannot join her for lunch because of some conference. Taehyung smiled at his wife, before taking a sip of his espresso. “Who would have thought that you would meet your boyfriend here and I got to meet my wife too. Isn’t this amazing?” Taehyung state, shaking Jungkook’s hand roughly. However, Taehyung's intonation does not sound anywhere near friendly. 

 “Yeah! Are you guys here for lunch too?” Rose asked while lifting up her handbag and stood up. She had no time to continue with this small talk because her colleagues were looking for her. Jungkook nodded his head, observing the intense glare from Lisa. Rose stood up from her seat, and glance at her wristwatch while Jungkook and Lisa were standing at the side of their table.

“Too bad, I need to go now. I’ll call you later Jungkook. Nice seeing you too Lisa.” Rose cheered puling Lisa into a short hug. “Taehyung, I’ll be heading to the hotel first. See you in a while.” She ran out of the restaurant and took the call from the colleagues who were already searching for her. Lisa took in a deep breath, sitting down on the chair where Rose sat previously watching her husband gnawing his food in rush.

“Why would you be seeing Rose at the hotel?” Lisa questioned her husband, doesn’t care about her friend who was standing at the side awkwardly.

“Why? Are you jealous?” Taehyung pulled a smirk before he stood up and walked away from the table. Lisa froze for a few seconds before a drop of tear escape from her left eyes. She was hurt and she was sad. Taehyung didn’t even come home for a week and shut down his phone. But by the time she was able to reach him and asked him for lunch, he said he was busy and need to attend some conference. Then, she saw him eating with another girl. How can she be okay when her husband treats her like a wall? Jungkook squats down on his knee, observing Lisa’s beautiful face. His heartache when he saw she cried.

“Let’s go to another place for lunch.” He said in a whisper, trying to comfort the crying woman with both of his hands were holding her tight in her arm. “I have no appetite to eat. I’m sorry Jungkook could we cancel our plan for today?” Jungkook nodded his head, accompanying her to the car.

Jungkook was sitting at the lounge of the hotel that belongs to VK group. Glancing his watch once in a while. He called Rose for a couples of times but to no avail and now it was almost 9 o’clock in the evening. He makes up his mind that he need to see Rose and get her the real explanation of the situation so he could help Lisa ease her mind. “Jungkook! I saw your text, so I came out for a while.” Rose ran to the lobby, with her shining smile she pulled Jungkook into a hug.

She didn’t get the chance to hug him during lunch earlier because she was in a rush. Jungkook pushed her body away from him gently. He didn’t smile or reacting. He was indifferent. Rose cannot help it but to feel a little disappointed, he didn’t get as excited as she was. He was wearing a simple white sweat shirt and a black jeans while a long black jacket as his outer layer. He looks stunning as ever. “Why are you here Miss Park?” His voice came out in seriousness.

“Oh, I got some conferences and works here for a month.” She replied, still smiling at him in excitement. Jungkook pulled a thin smile on his lips. He could see that she was not lying about conference and work. He was being prejudiced on Rose after he saw her with Taehyung earlier.

“But how did you end up having lunch with Kim Taehyung?” He asked, looking at her shining eyes that show her happiness when she got to meet him. Scratching her nape, then laughing hardly after listening to the question. Her mind was always made assumption ahead of time. She thought the Jungkook wanted to see her because they didn’t see each other for a long time. But, silly her, he was just here to ask about her relationship with his best friend’s husband.

“He was one of the board of director that attend the conference for the new technology evolution. He was scouting new teams for his sub-company. We accidentally bump into each other during lunch and decide to have lunch with each other.” Rose replied. She glances at her phone once in a while afraid that her team will be looking for her, she was excusing herself saying that she was having some tummy ache. Jungkook nodded his head, listening to her words attentively.

“Miss Park, could tell that to Lisa? She was hurt to see her husband with you.” Jungkook said, staring into her brown and shining eyes. “You could tell her that yourself. I need to go.” Rose replied shortly before leaving Jungkook at the lobby. She had no time to entertain people and comfort some woman who doubted her husband. Jungkook nodded his head and stared at her back as she walked back to the conference hall. 

“Miss Park Rose. Someone gave this to you.” A staff came to her table, giving her a paper bag. Rose took the paper bag and checking its content. It was a few packets of sandwiches and energy drinks. A small memo was attached to the paper bag. ‘Keep it up and fighting! Don’t skip your meals and I’m sorry for troubling you. Jeon Jungkook.’ A smile found its way on her lips. Her face flushed in red, looking at the sandwich could make her heart flutter. When the conference ended, Rose gave out some of the sandwiches to her team. How can she not like Jeon Jungkook when he was sweet and caring?

“President Kim Taehyung!” Rose called out for V when she saw he walked out from the hall escorted by his bodyguard. She needs to call him in honour ship to avoid bad rumour. V turned his head, before smiling at her. “Would like a sandwich? It’s from Jungkook.” She said in her cheerful tone, smiling at him with sandwich and energy drinks on her hand. “What a nice boyfriend you had here.” He replied in-jokes. Rose smiled shyly. “He’s the best.” She replied, getting into her role of being Jeon Jungkook’s girlfriend.

“Dad, this is Park Rose. Jeon Jungkook’s girlfriend.” Teahyung pulled his dad to his side, introducing the girl to his dad. The old Mr Kim look at the girl from top to toe. She was pretty tall and slim. “Hello, I’m Park Rose.” She bowed her head in respect to the old people. “She’s from the technology company in Taiwan,” Taehyung added, causes the old people to nod at his words. "You look familiar, are you Korean?" Taehyung's father asked tilting his head as he attentively looking at the girl. 

"Yeah, my father is a Korean man. But we travelled a lot." She replied smiling brightly to the middle-aged man. He gulped down his saliva and asked her another question. "Is your father name is Park Minseok?" The man asked more. Both Taehyung and Rose looked at the man in wonder. "Oh my god! How did you know him? Y-yes, he's my father." She stuttered on her words. She never met any Korean people that knew her father. "Rose!" Suddenly her colleagues were calling for her. 

“I should go, nice seeing you Mr.Kim.” She walked back to her team who was ready to get back to their room for rest. She waved her hand lightly before walking away from V and his dad. “She was the one that I told you who looks like mom.” Taehyung laughed looking at the girl. The old Mr Kim’s gaze stayed on Rose for a few seconds before he said: “Bring her home for dinner tomorrow.” V agreed to his father's order. "Should I invited Jeon Jungkook too?" Taehyung asking his father while both of them walking to the driveway where their cars were waiting. "No, just her!" the old man snapped. V was bowed his head, as his father's car glide away from the driveway. Why did you want to invite Rose alone for dinner? Taehyung asked himself before he went to his car.