Ch 7

Proposing Mr.Jeon

“Let’s get you a seat, Miss Park.” Jungkook took one of the plates on her hand and lead her to a table with empty seats. He sends some eye signal to Lisa for her to stay at the spot as he will be right back. He pulled out the chair for the lady and put down her plate once she was seated on her seat. “If you need anything I’ll be right there, she’s my best friend Lalisa, she is papa’s one and only granddaughter.” He said, in his usual calm and polite tones. Rose looked at him for a couple second before nodding her head, starting to dig in the food. Jungkook walked back to Lisa and smile at her.

“That’s my girlfriend.” He pointed his finger and just smile at the lady who was in her black, long dress. She looks stunning in whatever she wears. “Really?? Why didn’t you ever tell me about this?” Lisa asked in shocked, glancing at the silhouette who was enjoying her food despite all the stares that she got. “She’s so beautiful.” Lisa smiled at Jungkook, nudging him while chuckling. Jungkook turns his head to look at the woman said, and he looks at Lisa again. “You’re more beautiful.” He whispered, smiling cheekily at his best friend, his compliment causes the lady to laugh heartily.

Kim Taehyung, the heir of the VK group walk towards the two friends in his snobbish strides. Glaring at the man called Jungkook. “I don’t know you but I don’t like seeing you talking with my fiancé.” Taehyung scoffed, eyeing the man in front of him who was overly friendly to his fiancé. Lisa pulled a straight smile. “Taehyung, this is my best friend. Jeon Jungkook.” Lisa introducing her best friend to her fiancé. Smiling proudly to introduce the one that always has her back and supporting her decision. “Wow, her forever best friend since childhood? Thank you for being her best friend Jungkook-shi.” Taehyung replied and pull Lisa towards his chest, placing a quick peck on her forehead. “Enjoy the night.” He let go of the woman, before walking away leaving the two friend. His strides stop when he saw a woman in a crop top and jean was eating her food like a starving animal.

His eyes stayed on the lady for a few minutes, he took another few steps approaching her. “Hey, I’m Kim Taehyung, the president of VK group.” He pulls out a chair beside her, leaning forward to get a clear look of her face. A girl with red hair, chick style, he cannot help it but hit on her. She leaned back on her seat, looking at the handsome man beside her, wearing a cream colour tuxedo, with blonde hair. She crosses her arm, staring at the man. “Park Rose. Just someone that you don’t want to know.” She replied to him with her introduction, shaking his hand formally. Taehyung scoffed to her sassiness. “Have we met before?” He asked, in his cheesy manner, with his infamous crooked smile. “No.” She replied it short and still looking at the guy without many reactions. How did this woman didn’t get excited when he initiated the conversation? He stares at her in confusion.

“You guys know each other?” Lisa asked, walking closer to the table where she spotted Taehyung and Rose were talking to each other. This time, no smile was plastered on Lisa’s face as she looks at her fiancé. His eyes stayed on Rose even though Lisa was there talking to them, she didn’t know why but she was upset. “I don’t know him. He just introduces himself. Oh, he is the president of VK group. Whatever that is.” Rose replied in her usual bubbly manner looking at Jungkook with her squinted smile. Jungkook nodded his head, observing the situation where Lisa turn sour and quiet while looking at her fiancé. Understanding the situation turning a little tense and awkward while Rose seems to not get any hint of the atmosphere. Jungkook decided to take an action.

“I think we shall go. Send my regard to your papa.” Jungkook slowly taking Rose’s arm, signalling her to stand up. “Oh, thank you for coming to Jungkookie.” Lisa smiled at him, pulling Jungkook into a hug. Rose bowed to both Taehyung and Lisa before walking away with Jungkook. The night ended without much words exchange between Rose and Jungkook, he just sent her to the hotel room and he went back home right away.

“Hello? Jungkook?” Rose asked, as soon as the line was picked up. This was her second day in Korea but she only saw Jungkook last night at the birthday party and that was all. This is her second day and it was almost midnight but he didn’t call or meet her. “Yes, Miss Park. Is there anything wrong?” He said by the time he heard her voice. Rose didn’t know what to say and exhale an odd laugh. “Nothing. I just wanted to say hi.” She replied, pulling the blanket higher, covering her body entirely. The big size room and luxurious bed. She couldn’t ask for more. She was curious, was Jungkook serious in asking her to be his girlfriend? Did he even like her?

“Actually I wanted to go out for a drink. Do you want to join?” She asked, staring at the ceiling and the muted television. She had more than enough rest, and she was bored to death. “Miss Park, we got a wedding to attend tomorrow. I cannot be late tomorrow and tomorrow is a very important day for Lisa. I need to be in my right mind.” He stated, replying as soft and as polite as possible to her. Rose shut her eyes for a few moments. “Yah! Jungkook! I’m your girlfriend, I should be more important than your friend’s wedding ceremony.” Rose yelled, she was bored to death and all she wanted was somebody to accompany her to have some drink. Just a glass or two of wine will not affect the wedding tomorrow. She didn’t understand him even a little, if you wanted to hit on a girl you should be making all the effort. Not just invite the girl to your country and meet at some party and you took her out for a date. “And Jungkook, this is our time to go for a date and get to know each other better. Like a typical couple would do, hang out, watch some movie or just dine together.” She nagged and crossing her arm in an upset manner. This isn’t the right way to date someone.

“Look Miss Park, I just need a girlfriend to accompany me to social events that were why I asked you to come to Korea. I don’t want any feeling involves between the two of us.” He replied like he was stating a fact, serious and straight tone. Rose was left speechless to his reply and remain silent for a few second. “You said that you’re willing to help me with anything. And right now I need someone who can accompany me to tomorrow’s wedding. After that, we are done, Miss Park. Just one last party and that’s it.” He said causes Rose to remember the moon and stars that she promised that she was willing to give to him to return his favour.

“Oh my Jungkook, you should’ve told me that day you ask me to be your girlfriend. I won’t misunderstand thing like this if you explain beforehand.” Rose threw a laughed at her words, laughing out loud, isn’t it silly that she thought Jungkook was interested in her. She should've known, he was in a different league. How he carried himself and how was his surrounding. Everything seems brighter than the sky that she was not supposed to be in his circle.  She stared at the empty ceiling, smiling bitterly when his word knocked her out of the beautiful vivid dream. She shouldn’t have made her own assumption. She laughs at the stupid side of her, she is not rich and her family was a mess, will anyone in his sane mind want to date someone like her?