What do I Know

Lost Deer

“How’s your mouth?” Wonwoo snickered as they got into their car.

“ you,” he hissed. “Thanks for lying to him.” Narrowing his eyes at Wonwoo, Jeonghan growled, “You two won’t be having tonight that’s for sure.”

Wonwoo held out his hands. “Whoa now. I might’ve mentioned it to him.”

“Out right told,” Jun said, shaking his head.

“Ok fine,” he conceded. “Told him. But he smiled at me and said that he already knew and proceeded to put it in and feed it to you.”

Jeonghan’s jaw dropped, his eyes wide. He sputtered. And he hadn’t sputtered since the first year of their debut.

If he was paying attention to anyone else, he’d find the rest of his teammates eyes also go wide. Who would’ve thought the lost deer had a mean streak? Or a teasing one rather.

“Wh -what?!” Sweet, shy Joshua knew that Jeonghan didn’t like them and did it anyway. Fed him with those red flushed cheeks and demure smiles?! Was he secretly a minx?! Wait, Jeonghan thought about it. No. He trusted his instincts and his ability to read people.

Joshua was a shy person. And he was innocent. But he clearly had a secret part of him that liked to be a tease. Jeonghan felt himself smile. Well, wasn’t this an interesting discovery.

“Hyung,” Wonwoo whined. “I might’ve tried to put the idea in his head but I swear he said that he knew. Don’t be an and me.”

Jun snorted, sitting in his seat watching his lover beg.

“I don’t see why not,” Seungcheol muttered. “If we can’t get some I don’t see why you can. Even if your boyfriend is living with you.”

Jeonghan said nothing. He’d let Wonwoo stew in the misery. He smiled, clutching at his phone. The fact that Joshua knew that he didn’t like peppers in his wraps meant that Joshua looked him up. He researched Jeonghan; he was interested enough in Jeonghan that he went digging for new information.

That meant something. It meant a damn lot. Joshua being intrigued was great. The deer would come to the wolf.


Joshua bowed as he got of the car. He smiled, his eyes half disappearing. He felt Jeonghan’s eyes sweep over him, as if he was trying to reassess him. Did he find out about Joshua’s little trick? Was he angry? A small, deeply hidden part of Joshua wanted to see that handsome face get angry. To see what Jeonghan would do, what he looked like.

Joshua spent the days before their dinner watching things on Jeonghan, just to see what he might be like. He watched video after video hoping to get a better feel on him. Jeonghan in all the videos though seemed mature and exuded a appeal that none of Seventeen did. That’s how Joshua found out that Jeonghan didn’t like peppers in his wraps.

He was on some variety show and he had to eat something he couldn’t stand ily. Jeonghan did a decent job Joshua thought, if the way his stomach flip flopped was any indication. But Joshua stored that little tidbit of info away and used it against Jeonghan.

Jeonghan gave Joshua the same warm smile as he saw him. The one that did things to his stomach. But if Joshua was being honest, every bit of contact with Jeonghan did things to him. And he wasn’t sure if he enjoyed it or if he was afraid.

Joshua took his lessons to heart. And he remembered rather clearly the ones where they always warned them of other idols, others in the industry, people who were in power, people who had power over them. Jeonghan was in all of those categories: he was an idol, a sunbae who was popular and with a few words about them he could effectively crush Seventeen’s career. Trusting Jeonghan didn’t seem like a good idea at all.

He felt Jeonghan’s arm come around his shoulder. Seeing Jeonghan grin at him, Joshua ducked his head a little, to get away from that mega watt smile, his ears going red.

“Excited?” Jeonghan pulled him close, his nose grazing Joshua’s hair.

Joshua shivered, unsure if he wanted to move away or get closer. But getting closer into Jeonghan’s space would be the wrong move.

“It’ll be fun,” Joshua replied. “We haven’t had time to do much besides practice and train.”

“I’ll make sure it’s a fun time for you,” Jeonghan said, his grin wide as can be.


Jeonghan grinned, rather ferociously at Scoups as they were appointed team captains. Joshua shook his head at the offer, saying that Jeonghan and Seungcheol were older than him. Jeonghan could’ve cooed at how cute he was when he said that but Jeonghan was made of sterner stuff than that.

“Rock, paper, scissors to decide who gets to pick first?” Seungcheol smirked at him, holding up a fist.

Snorting, Jeonghan put out his own fist. “You know I always win. Good luck loser.”

Snickers filled the air along with a few whispers as their members explained Jeonghan’s innate luckiness to Seventeen.

“On the count of three,” their manager said. “1—”

“2,” Jeonghan whispered.

“3!”

Jeonghan threw out paper, grinning victoriously as Seungcheol held out rock. He turned to everyone, humming as he perused them. Jeonghan was faking it for show. He knew who he was going to pick, but he didn’t want to look desperate or needy. He’d get plenty of later on anyhow for his behavior at the restaurant. “Shua,” he drawled. Crooking his finger, he motioned for Joshua to come join his side.

Trotting over to him, Joshua stood by him, giving him that soft smile again. Jeonghan smiled back, turning to face his opponent once more. He loved winning; it was like being on top of the world. Better than even. But Jeonghan knew that with Joshua, if he chose to go that far, would be better than the euphoric feeling of winning. Because then he’d have taken Joshua’s ity and taken his heart. And that was always fun.