Highschool; Kevin

Take Me Away

“Ma, what is this all about?” Kevin turned to face his mother as the nurse handed him his hospital robe.

            Kevin’s mother simply nodded and her son’s hair, pushing him to the changing room. Clueless Kevin changed out of his clothes and changed to the hospital robe they gave. He stepped out of the room only to be dragged by his mother to various health examinations. Kevin simply followed through the procedures as his mother waited outside.

            “Ma, can you tell me what this is all about? What is wrong with me?”

            By the way his mother dragged herself out of the doctor’s office, how her face turns pale all of a sudden and how she almost left her son behind; too taken aback from the shock she just heard, Kevin knew, it was bad news.

            “MA!” Kevin shouted to his mother who hurried out of the hospital premises the moment she settled all the bills.

            He jogged over to catch up with his mother and grabbed her hand tight, spinning her on her heels to face him.

            “There’s something wrong with me, right, Ma?” Kevin asked his pitch softer than before.

            She can’t bring herself to break the news to her son. It’s just too cruel to the boy who have a life all planned out right from the beginning. The young boy who also wished to have a normal life filled with all the happy times. Just what was his fault for God to torment him this way; what was her fault?

            “Too cruel…” Kevin’s mother sobbed, her head hung low.

            She did what any mother would have done to ease the pain that builds inside of her; she pulled Kevin into her arms and squeezed Kevin tight. This boy, who brought happiness to me, please don’t take it away.

            “You’ll pull through, my dear. Even if I have to beg the Heavens or exchange it with my life, you’re my strong son. You’ll pull through.” Kevin’s mother whispered as the tears flow.

            Lost for words, Kevin just hugged her. He knew, his touch might be the only thing that comforts his mum’s soul. But inside, he knew. Whatever he has, it’s going to take him away from the lady he really loves since the day he was born.

            “Will you be fine, in school?” asked the worried mother as Kevin trudge down the stairs for breakfast.

            “Uh-huh. There’s Eli. Besides, I’ve been sick and away from school for too long. I’m not going to allow the malignant cells in me take away what’s best of me. I’m going to fight it!” Kevin boasted as he chewed on his breakfast.

            “You sound optimistic, for a Leukemic boy!” Kevin’s mum said as she brought over Kevin’s drink to the table with a few pills.

            It was hard receiving the bad news at first, but as time passes they were optimistic about it. Being depressed about it won’t change anything but being happy would keep Kevin’s spirit up giving him strength to keep on living his life; that’s what both the mother and son thought.

            Kevin swallowed his daily medication with a gulp of water. He finished of his breakfast before kissing his mother on the cheek.

            “I’ll be back. Take care, Ma,” Kevin said.

            “No, you, take care, my dear.” Kevin’s mother handed him his school bag as she her son’s back.

            She stood by the door as she watched her cheerful son cycled off to school, smiling like as if nothing’s wrong.

            But beneath that smile, no one knows how much it slowly kills him inside.

__________________________

A/N; YAY FOR TWO CHAPTERS! <3 im sorryyy its reallyreally draggy these two chapters, and its super redundant. but oh well. :D thnks fr the comments !love y'all!