Till Dawn

Take Me Away

All the loneliness, longing and pain instantly melt away as they held in each other’s warm embrace. It seems like the only right thing to do to make up for all the weeks they’ve been missing each other. Only then they realised they’ve been playing a silly game of hide and seek where eventually they would find each other and be back into each other’s arms. No matter how far Kevin tried to run away from Eli, he’d sprung back into Eli’s arms. No matter where Eli searched, his heart and feet will always send him back to Kevin.

            “You pretty little liar,” Eli scoffed, Kevin still buried on his chest.

            “I am?” Kevin muttered as he broke away and looked into Eli’s eyes. How he missed looking into Eli’s eyes.

            “You said you’d come back.” Eli lay back down on the grass as he admired the moon.

            “And I clearly said not to look for me,” Kevin looked down at Eli who had his attention at the night sky.

            “Come lay by me. It’s been awhile,” Eli stretched his right arm to the side, serving as a cushion for the smaller boy.

            It is hard to believe the boy right next to Kevin as they enjoy a night under the blanket of stars, the moon shining ever so brightly and a soft breeze on the witching hour used to be a cold and emotionless human being. The walls Eli built to separate himself from the entire world were to strong and too tall to breakdown. But the arrival of bright Kevin who braved his way into Eli’s dark life was like a miracle, it was just a matter of time until Kevin was the only one who could break down the walls towering over their relationship.

            Since then, they’ve always been together for every memory they had of their lives. More than a friend, nothing less than a brother, very much like family. That was exactly why, it was painful to be apart.

            The two boys stared into the sky sharing a comfortable silence.

            “They said, I’d be lucky to survive this,” Kevin mumbled.

            “You will.”

            “You know that’s not true,” Kevin sighed.

            “You can’t leave me,” Eli whispered, more to himself and not to Kevin but he heard it anyway.

            “And I don’t want to leave you,” Kevin choked as the tears began to betray his eyes once again.

            He turned to face Eli with tear-filled eyes as he sobbed. Eli withdrew his arm that were under Kevin’s head all this while and slids Kevin closer to him who sobbed into his chest. Eli’s heart broke and bled as if a fresh sharp razor were slicing through his already tattered heart seeing Kevin being ever so vulnerable.

            Eli moved from beneath Kevin as he sat up and slowly stood up. Kevin flops down on the grass as he grunts in pain at Eli’s sudden movement. He shot Eli an annoyed look which quickly melted away as his eyes met the grinning man towering above him with his hands outstretched.

           Kevin reached out to hold onto the hand of the only soul whom he had learnt to trust without a single doubt, his eye still sore from the tears that he held back for too long. Kevin’s eyes never left Eli’s beautiful facial features as he pulled the younger across the field as they made their way to the only tall living thing on top of the hill. A smile crept on Kevin’s lips as Eli sets him on the tyre swing. Eli went around dear Kevin and stood behind him as he gently pushed the lighter boy forward on the swing.

            With every swing, Kevin’s heart lets go of all the pilling emotions deep inside him. It might be temporary, but for now, he wants to cherish every moment of the night without a single care of the world. With every swing, Kevin’s heart feels lighter and with every swing he silently prayed the moment would go on forever.

           “Where have you been?” Eli asked as he gave another gentle push on Kevin’s back and Kevin swings high up.

            “Some place, with the most memories,” Kevin breathed out as he kicks himself back up higher towards the night sky.

            “Home?” Eli questioned, surprised at the fact he actually did look for Kevin there but the house just showed no signs of human existence.

            “Uh-huh.” Kevin nodded.

            Eli moved away from behind Kevin as he made his way to sit underneath the tree, by its roots. Seeing Eli losing interest in the swing, Kevin halted to a stop as he swayed next to Eli.

            “Why?” Kevin asked as he folded his knees to his chest eyeing Eli who was staring blankly at the dirt underneath them.

            “The house was empty,” Eli muttered under his breath.

            “I’m not at home most of the time. Just, here and there to find peace.”

            “So, did you find it?”

            “No. But I found you instead,” Kevin mentally cringed at the statement that came out of his very mouth. His long fingers found its way intertwined with Eli’s as they both giggled in embarrassment.

            Eli stared at Kevin in awe. He watched every movement of Kevin’s features as he told Eli of his mini-adventures of finding his so-called ‘internal peace’ by making people who are less fortunate or lonely and also old-folks happy. Eli took in every single detail of the boy as his hands flew around making gestures as he speaks. How Kevin would always claps his hands like a silly seal as he laughs at Eli’s jokes every once a while. How Kevin’s fingers would randomly draw circles on the dirt and how their fingers laced perfectly. Everything.

            Dawn breakthrough soon enough as they practically spent an entire night in each other’s arms comfortably like it was the most natural thing two best friends would do. They watched the sun rise as cricket sounds were replaced by melodic chirping of birds and the dull colours of the flowers in the dark were replaced with bright radiant splatters across the field. Soon, Kevin's eyes were clouded with tiredness as he slowly drifts away.

            Eli looked down at the boy who was laying down on his lap cosily with his eyes closed and his breathing slow. Eli then realised why Kevin loved the night, how during the night he would be engulfed by a peaceful darkness, taking him away from all the pain he felt in the real world. It was in Kevin’s dreams that he could find the tranquillity he searched for.

            Eli’s fingers traced Kevin’s thin lips that were slightly parted; Kevin stirred in his sleep as he adjusted his position while grumbling incoherent words. Eli smirked, amused at how he looks like a defenceless little child while he sleeps. His heart beats a little faster when he realised he has been studying the sleeping kid a little too long.

            “Come boy. Let’s get you home,” Eli whispered as he gently carried Kevin in his arms, not wanting to wake the younger. Slowly he descended down the hill, with his dear best friend in his arms as he headed for home.

______________________________________________________________

A/N: YAY I THINK THIS IS ONE OF TH LONGEST CHAPTER. :D HAHA. i kindda wna try to put Kevin into this state where he for a moment forgets about what he is going through. so yeah. i'm kindda free next week as i have classes to go instead of work. so i might update a chapter or two. and im glad you guys love th previous chapter! :D i love you all! <3 and thnks fr the comments lovelies, it really kept me motivated to write on! YAY TO YOU PEOPLE! <3