Ch. 5

Evlavios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do I really like her?

I was asking myself that question since Jihyo kicked me out of her room. She told me to go to the training room which was located in the basement, and after some unsuccessful attempts to open the door, I noticed Sowon, standing right behind me. She just smirked and fished the key from her jean's pocket. Then she opened that closed door, that I was trying to open moments ago. 

When I entered the training room, I gasped, because it was huge enough to accommodate all students of my school. 

"I'm going to train you today," Sowon informed and got closer to me. "Since it's your first day, I'll go easy on you."

"What are we going to do?" I asked and looked around the room, trying to find some mats and wondering if on that day when Sowon attacked me, she was going easy on me or not. "Train my powers, abilities and other cool vampire things?"

"No," she coldly replied. "Today we are going to see how your body reacts to attacks. Jihyo told me that your power training will start in a week."

"In a week?!" I exclaimed and took some steps away from Sowon. "A-and what do you mean by see how my body reacts to attacks?"

"You'll see," she said and turned around, so I couldn't see her face.

After some seconds she faced me and I saw her gold eyes, sharp fangs and not very pleased face. Then Sowon smirked and warned,

"Defend yourself!"

She quickly ran to me and raised her hand to hit me. I didn't want to be beaten by her, so I just ran to the opposite side of room. 

Sowon turned around and made that 'what?' face. Then she rolled her eyes and sigh.

"I told you to defend yourself, not to run away from me!" she yelled. 

And at that moment I realized how fast I was. I ran about 500 meters in seconds and I didn't feel myself tired or so. I was perfectly fine. 

"Hey, Yerin," Sowon called me and interrupted my thoughts. I looked at her and noticed that she was already next to me. "I told you tha-"

"I heard you!" I told her. "You said that you are going to go easy in me!"

"I was going to do so," Sowon argued back.

"But it looked more like you were going to blow my brain out," I looked at her gold eyes, that were shining, but she quickly turned around.

"I expected you to turn your vampire mode on," Sowon explained. "You need to learn how to control it."

"And to make this happen, I need to be beaten?" I nervously asked.

Sowon nodded.

"No, no and no," I went to the door. "I don't want to be beaten and I won't be beaten."

"I'm doing this for your own good," Sowon loudly said, when I was going to left the room. "What will you do if the other vampires attack you? I'm sure soon they will find out that you are that Evlavios. Are you going to give up that easily without even trying?"

I stopped. Really. What will I do? Just give up and die? Or serve them? Help them to kill people? 

"Fine," I sighed and approached to Sowon again. "Teach me."

If only I knew how would I regret it, I wouldn't agree at all. Right after I stopped talking, Sowon kicked me in my stomach and I was sent flying back, hitting the opposite wall, which haven't broken compare to that wall in my school. Instead of it I swear something broke inside of me. I fell on the floor, but quickly stood up to check if my body and bones were alright. Fortunately they were alright. 

Well at least until Sowon ran to me and kicked my leg. Because of the pain I kneeled down and screamed, but that cruel vampire used my weakness and grabbed me by the throat and lifted me. So I was pinned to the wall again. 

I remembered how I won there, in school, so I concentrated on one word again.

"Pain."

But nothing happened. No matter how concentrated I was, nothing happened. Then I opened my eyes and saw Sowon's smirk. Power negation. . I didn't know how to use my power negation, so I started to try to break out, but Sowon's grip wasn't a joke. Is that how she goes easy on me? I am afraid to imagine what her real powers are then. 

I think I looked like a worm on a hook, and to be honest it made me angry. I can't loose to Sowon. I can't create another reason for her to tease me. I can't be weak.

I widely opened my eyes as I felt an incredible rush of power and energy. Sowon was surprised by it, so I took that moment and used both of my legs to push her away from me. She hit the wall as I did some minutes ago, but didn't fall. She straightened up and stretched her neck with a smirk.

"Finally."

Then Sowon quickly reduced the distance between us and was going to hit me with her fist, but I noticed it and jumped, so she hit the wall. I already understood that this wall was firmer than anything in this world, and I expected Sowon to cry in pain. 

I landed behind Sowon and when she turned around to face me, I was going to hit her face, but she caught my hand and twisted it. I felt how my bones cracked, but it wasn't the end. Sowon tossed me aside, and while I was falling on the floor, she kicked me like a ball, so I ended up hitting the ceiling. 

It hurt, of course it did, but when I fell on the floor after hitting the ceiling, I felt how my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter