Ch. 1

Evlavios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, we are going to be late, hurry!"

I slowly stood up and looked at my best friend. She rolled her eyes when I haven't even tried to make my movements faster. Then she grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of my house.

"It hurts!" I shouted and pulled my hand away. "Yuju, we have more than an hour to get to school. There's no need to be in a hurry."

Yuju rolled her eyes again and glanced at me with her disappointed facial expression. 

"Are you gonna be that slow when a vampire will decide to eat you?" She asked. "Yerin, we live in the world where every second is valuable. In the school we are safe,  but not on the street. Who knows who will be their next target?"

Well, Yuju isn't that serious at all. She is always funny and talk about strange things. But when she finds out about new murder, she becomes serious as hell. The last murder was yesterday in the evening and took place in our neighborhood.

In the past people had to fight with the other people's crime, but now everything changes. Human beings aren't at the top of the food chain anymore. We have to be careful on the streets if we don't want to be eaten by some vampire. 

There are many anti-vampire sections nowadays, at schools pupils are told how to protect themselves from vampires. Seems like we have almost won the war, but the vampires are smarter. They learnt to hide among us, people. It's harder to find them, but it's also hard for them to kill us. 

I am studying in the first school that specializes in vampires. We learn vampires anatomy, their behaviour and other. Also we are trained to kill vampires. In this school people hate vampires more that anything else in the world, because the pupils here have lost their dearest people like parents, sisters, brother, relatives, friends. Their revenge is not a joke. Well, my parents were killed by vampires too when I was younger. I don't feel the revenge as much as the others do, because I didn't knew my parents well. But I want to get revenge for them too. And I'm close.

I'm the best student in my school. I know almost everything about vampires. I know how to fight them. Also I'm learning to recognize them among humans, but I don't think that's working. I've done so many mistakes when I thought that some humans were vampires when actually they were normal people. But what else should I do? If I feel that something is wrong about some person, I need to check if it's right. 

With all those thoughts I haven't noticed that we've already entered the school area. Everything here was just like we are going to begin a war with vampires. Yuju haven't told me anything and just left me to meet her girlfriend, Umji. So as I was left alone, I approached to my locker. I put there my some books, and closed it. Then I entered my class and sat on my spot. It was pretty early as you know, so there was nobody around. Well, I thought that there wasn't.

"Well, well, well," I heard a voice that I hated so much. "Our Yennie decided to come here that early to learn some new material to be better than me?"

I turned around and looked at the main pain in my . Then I rolled my eyes, announcing the beginning of another day that is full of insults, sarcasm and hate.

"Listen, Sinb," I sighed. She is so dumb. "Not everything that I do is connected with you. And I am already better than you. I'm the first in the weekly rating."

Sinb smirked and approached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter