Ch. 4

Evlavios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up in the morning and did all morning routine instead of eating, because I can't eat human's food. Jihyo gave me a bag of blood and told me to ask her or Sowon for that bag of blood every 15 days, because vampires actually can live without blood only half of month. 

And I need to train everyday. I will come to the headquarters and some vampire will teach me. Jihyo also asked me not to tell anyone about me being the Evlavios. She told that there's a bad vampire organization that wants to kill all people using Evlavios, so if they'll know that I am existing, they would try to make me join them. 

I threw the bag of blood that I've emptied yesterday, took my schoolbag and left the house. When I turned around after I've closed the door, I saw Sowon, annoyingly looking at me. I raised my eyebrow and approached to her.

"Why are you here?" I asked instead of saying hello, because hell I'm surprised to see her here.

"Jihyo asked me to go to school with you," Sowon replied and started walking. I had no choice but follow her. "She is afraid that you will be hunted."

"Ah, okay, thanks," I was touched, but couldn't she not look so pissed? I still can't understand why she is so cold with me. I did nothing. Maybe I offended her somehow in the past, but don't remember it. I need to ask her that someday, but after I'll be able to control my abilities, so I could protect myself from Sowon. 

She walked fast, though it was half on hour till our classes begin. I had to run to be able not to lose her out my sight. 

Soon we were in front of our school gates. We entered the school and then I just followed Sowon. She was older than me, but still attending school in another class. Jihyo explained me that Sowon wanted to stay here so she was like a held-back senior. She wanted to continue helping her organization, so she failed every test and exam, but Jihyo also told me that there's another reason too. 

We approached to our lockers. I've waited for Sowon to take all what she needed, but when she was about to close her locker, she freezed and tensed. I wanted to ask her what's up, but a familiar scent filled my  olfactory system. A scent that could make me feel hunger in a second. A scent that I smelled yesterday and it drove me crazy. Hwang Sinb's scent.

I panicked, because it means that she is near and she is approaching to me, because her scent becomes more stronger and it became harder for me to control myself. I looked at Sowon, but she seemed to be troubled. 

"Eunha is coming," she whispered, looking somewhere behind me, probably at Eunha with Sinb. "She shouldn't see me being with you."

I surprisingly looked at her and raised my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I asked her and waved my hands in front of her face to make her look at me. When she did so, her eyes widened. She looked just troubled some moments ago, but now she looked twice troubled.

"Your eyes," Sowon said and took out a small mirror. I saw myself and gasped. My eyes were blue without limbal ring. Jihyo told me that my vampire ego appears when I'm hungry or angry or if it's my wish. I drank the blood yesterday, so I couldn't be hungry. But Sinb's scent. Since when did she make that influence on me? And why do I find her scent the most nice in the whole world?

Before I could say something Sowon took my arm and pushed me inside the nearest toilet. Then she locked the door and looked at me with a confused face.

"I thought Jihyo gave you the blood," she said and I nodded.

"She did and I drank it," I admitted. "But now I'm feeling myself hungry."

Sowon looked in my eyes again and sighed.

"Okay, we'll ask Jihyo later, okay?," she offered and I nodded. "Try to calm down, and I'll give you lenses to hide your eyes colour."

I nodded and leaned on the wall. 

"Listen, you told me that Eunha shouldn't see us together," I reminded. "Why?"

It was visible that she is hesitating, so I calmed her.

"I won't tell anybody and I won't laugh."

Sowon was still hesitating, she bite her lip and sighed.

"Fine," she finally agreed. "I'm sorry that I was acting myself like that in front of you, okay? I don't want to be near you, because I don't want Einha to think that we are friends."

Ouch. Why do everybody hates me?

"Don't think that I hate you," Sowon added. Can she read minds like Jihyo? Nobody told me what Sowon's ability is. "It's just... Sinb hates you."

"Yeah, I know," I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for reminding."

"So do Eunha," Sowon continued. "She hates you because Sinb does so. I don't want her to hate me."

"Sinb?"

"What? No, Eunha," she shook her head.

"Why don't you want her to hate you?" I asked and Sowon chuckled. 

"Are you that stupid or you just acting?"

I frowned. 

"Okay, let's make our first lesson here," Sowon said and approached to me. "Try to read my mind, Evlavios."

What the hell? I turned into a vampire only yesterday and she is already asking me to read her mind. Is she insane? 

Sowon noticed my indignation and laughed.

"It's not that hard," she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Then do it by yourself." 

"I don't have that ability," Sowon confessed. "I really want to have it, I can't."

"Then what ability do you have?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter