Ch. 18

Evlavios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ran as fast as I only could, not minding people, who were shouting at me. They looked at me with fear and disgust as I passed by. Some of them even closed their child's eyes. I knew that it was risky to go out without a mask and hood, but I had to come to headquarters.

When I reached my destination, I opened the door, breathing in the air. When I felt the right scent, I ran to it, noticing that it was way to the training room. They were in the training room?

I opened the door, probably almost throwing it away, and looked around. There, in the centre of the room, were Wheein, Jihyo, Eunha and Sowon. Apparently Sowon was sitting on the floor and looking at me. There were no cuts and wounds on her body, and she didn't look like she was even hurt.

I slowly approached to them, when Sowon gestured me to do so. And sat on the floor next to Jihyo. But at first Jihyo looked like she haven't noticed me. She calmly turned her head to Eunha, completely ignoring my presence.

"Eunha, close the door please," Jihyo asked.

Eunha realized what did the leader want, and looked at the door's direction. Soon the door was slammed and locked. Only then Jihyo finally looked at me.

"I'm sorry for lying that Sowon was dying," she apologized. I glaced at Sowon, and the latter shrugged her shoulders. "I thought that it was the only way to make you come here as fast as possible without, uhm, strangers."

I understood that the second Evlavios, aka Sinb, was that stranger. I wanted to ask her why did she have to make all this drama, but she shook her head, stopping me from doing so. I sighed and looked around, not to make it obvious that I was a bit offended.

We all were sitting in a silent for some minutes. I thought that we were waiting for someone, but no one came in. Well, Eunha locked the door, so that meant that it was closed meeting.

I watched as Sowon played with Eunha's fingers, nervously glancing at Jihyo some times. Eunha was staring at Sowon too and Wheein was just sitting, counting germs on the floor. It lasted until Jihyo coughed, making everybody look at her again.

"You all are probably interested, why have I gathered us together, right?" We all nodded, and she continued. "Yerin called me some minutes ago and... Tell them, Yerin."

I blinked many times before I proceeded what have Jihyo said.

"Uhm, it's- I found the second Evlavios?" everyone's jaws dropped except Jihyo's. She slowly nodded.

"And who is it?" Eunha asked, covering , because of shock.

"It's...," I was hesitating if I should really tell them. But Jihyo read my mind already, so she knew who it was. I was sure that it was a shade of shock in her eyes. I breathed in and murmured the name as I exhaled. "Hwang Sinb."

"What?" Wheein got closer to me.

I bite my lower lip, fearing to say her name again. I didn't know why I was scared. Maybe because it was Sinb. Maybe because I knew that something was wrong, because Jihyo gathered us together. Maybe because it was about Sinb. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out, because Jihyo has said her name again.

"Hwang Sinb. It's Sinb."

Eunha almost fainted and she became more pale than she already was. Sowon was checking if Eunha was alright, still nervously looking at me and Jihyo. Wheein was staring at something on the floor with her eyes wide opened and jaw dropped.

"So I wanted to tell you all now, that Sinb can't and won't ever have an opportunity to be in Contrail," Jihyo informed with a stern voice, emphasizing such words as 'can't' and 'won't ever have'. I wanted to ask her why, but she glanced at me. "She belongs to Red Moon."

I gasped. The girl, that almost became my girlfriend, is actually my enemy? Whether God made us, or nature, or aliens, I wanted to say that it was really unfair. I'm in love with my enemy. I should fell in love with somebody other than Sinb earlier.

"Hundreds years ago we made an agreement with Red Moon," Jihyo closed her eyes, remembering past events. "It said if there will be two Evlavios, one will be on our side, and the second one will be on their side no matter what. As you joined Contrail, I knew that if it will be the second one, he or she will be on Red Moon's side. I wanted you to train harder, when Byulyi said that there will be the second Evlavios. Because two Evlavios can't live on the same planet."

"Do you mean that one will die?" Sowon carefully asked, holding tightly Eunha's trembling hands.

Jihyo furrowed and nodded.

"Actually there were two Evlavios, and the vampire, that was on our side, died," Jihyo said. She was still sitting with her eyes closed. "If vampire is Red Moon's then the other ones will be Red Moon's too. It was the time when their Evlavios began killing people. That's why they hate us. Our organization had to hide, we were afraid of them. But when Kim Yongsun became the new Evlavios, Red Moon's leader died. Yongsun was free, but she couldn't choose what organization to join. So Yerin was free too."

"B-but is that possible for two of us live together?" I asked with trembling voice. I didn't want to kill Sinb. And I'm sure she don't want to kill me.

"Definitely no," Jihyo shook her head. "I don't know what will happen if one of you two won't die, but it's going to affect not only us, vampires, but human beings too. We can't risk like that, and you need to win anyways. Red Moon became more aggressive with their new leader, if their Evlavios will win, then we won't live peacefully anymore."

"Then Yerin needs to attack Sinb as soon as possible, because Sinb don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter