8. It's You

Through Drought and Famine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Perhap it’s the way her eyes crinkle when she laughs that makes him want to protect her, or maybe it’s being able to comfort her when she’s alone and sad. Whenever she hugs him, his heart begins to cartwheel through his chest. Her warmth would spread out to the places that were cold, places untouched by others.

    Jisoo stares at the group of youngsters across from her. 18 males that all look less than 21 years old stand in front of her in a warehouse. As she looks over to the leader of the gang, he smirks at her before throwing a flirtatious wink. Jisoo rolls her eyes.

    She didn’t think that this is what Yoongi meant by “going out”. When she was home alone, Yoongi came and asked if she wanted to go out with him. She thought they were going to get brunch, not meet up with a bunch of hormonal teenagers.

    “That you girlfriend Yoongles?” The leader asks. Jisoo’s lips falter. She tries her best not to laugh. These boys are definitely new if they don’t know about the Bonnie and Clyde living among them: Yoongi and Jennie.

    “Taeyong how many times have I told you not to call me that?” Yoongi sighs.

    “Sorry,” the younger male says. “Just wondering.”

    “No, she’s not.”

    “Oh? So then she’s available.”

    “Not unless you want to get killed by Taehyung.”

    Immediately, Taeyong shuts up. “So why’d you want to meet up with us?”

    Yoongi clasps his hands together. “See this girl?”

    “Been staring at her for a while now,” Taeyong shrugs.

    “This is the former president’s daughter.”

    “Former as in Kim Minseo?” A man behind Taeyong questions.

    Yoongi nods. “Woojin wants her dead, but we want her alive. So Taehyung set a rotation system for you boys to guard her.”

    “What!” Taeyong exclaims. “NCT are not some dogs who will follow someone around because who can’t defend themself.”

    “Don’t worry. Jisoo is trained, and if you don’t comply then Taehyung will have you all gone.”

    “Fine.”

    Yoongi inspects the boys before pointing out six boys. As they step out, he tells them, “You six start working for Jisoo today.” Just like that, he walks off. Jisoo looks back at him, dumbfounded while the rest of the boys follow him out.

    She looks back to her boys and introduces herself. Starting from left to right, the boys introduce themselves as: Renjun, Haechan, Jeno, Jaemin, Chenle, and Jisung. Most of them are 18 years old or younger. She glances at them one last time before turning on her heels and walking out. “Are you guys ready to protect me?” Soon she hears the sounds of their feet along the concrete as they make their way to surround her.

    “What’s on your agenda Miss Jisoo?” Renjun asks. Jisoo is taken aback due to being called ‘Miss Jisoo.

    She hums for a moment prior to telling them, “I don’t- I don’t know. I don’t really have anything to do, and Taehyung likes it when I’m home because no one can hurt me.”

    “I suggest shopping!” Haechan says. “Don’t girls like shopping? And Taehyung’s card must be fat with money.”

    “Oh yes shopping,” Jaemin responds. “I can drive us to the mall.” They all look at Jisoo eagerly, waiting for a response.

    She pulls out her phone. “I’ll ask for his card.”

    “No!” Haechan shouts. “You should tell him meet us here and then ask him for his card.” Everyone nods along with him.

    “What if he’s busy?”

    “If he’s busy, then I have enough money for all of us to eat street food,” Jisung says.

    Jisoo brings the phone up to her ear and waits for Taehyung to answer. “Tae,” she says. The boys all look at her as she talks to him. “I-uhh-I need something.” Haechan gives her a thumbs up. “But you need to come here.” She mumbles a few times and then hangs up. “He said he’ll be here in ten minutes.” The boys cheer in response.

    “Can we get a few stuff too?” Haechan questions but Renjun quickly smacks the younger boy’s head. The male screams an ‘ow’ as he rubs his head.

    “Boss’s money isn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter