6. Stay

Through Drought and Famine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Time passes by with each day occurring at a slower pace than the previous. Ever since Jisoo arrived at the hideout, she has been staying there for a little over a month. Taehyung only stayed with her for the first night before leaving. He told her to not go out, and he contacts her everyday. Just a little message of, ‘Are you alright?’ or ‘How are you doing?’ No one has even visited the house, not Bangtan or BlackPink.

Miss Jeon contacted Jisoo one day, asking where she was staying. Jisoo’s response was vague, explaining how she was at a friend’s house and wanted to stay in the shadows for a while. Their conversation was rather short as Miss Jeon told Jisoo to stay safe and have regular meals. On the other note, Jisoo’s father’s funeral was taken care of by his team. Taehyung let Jisoo attend the funeral for a short time. Surprisingly, Yoongi and Jennie escorted there. Jisoo got to see Miss Jeon, Nayeon, and Suho. It was short, but she was grateful that she was even able to see them.

    

    Jisoo surfs the television channels while laying in Taehyung’s bed. She enjoys how his scent stain his bedsheets. The soft comforter wraps around her small frame. Despite the volume of the t.v. being at a semi-high volume, Jisoo hears a sharp noise downstairs. A chill runs through her body as she quickly gets off of Taehyung’s bed.

Bangtan and BlackPink weren’t lying when they said that no one used the hideout unless they needed to because Jisoo spent the last weeks in the house by herself.

She grabs her phone off of the night stand and it read: 10:36p p.m. She looks around the room for an easy weapon and comes across a bat. She picks up the bat engraved with Bangtan on it. Opening the room door, she slowly makes her way down the stairs as she keeps the bat close to her. Looking both ways as she makes it downstairs, Jisoo slowly waddles to the kitchen where she can hear the sink running. Peeking into the kitchen, she’s met by the backs of two girls. She sighs in relief.

“Hi Jisoo,” Lisa says while plopping hotdog sausages into a pot of boiling water.

Jisoo’s eyes widen in surprise. Putting the bat on the dining table, she then sits down. “What are you guys doing here?”

Chaeyoung looks over at Jisoo and says, “Jennie is getting dicked down tonight in our shared house.” She rolls her eyes. “So Lisa and I decided that we didn’t want to be in the house during dark hours. We came here instead and are not making mozzarella corndogs and regular corndogs.”

Jisoo nods as she processes everything. “I’m guessing she’s with Yoongi?”

Lisa spins around the face Jisoo. “Correct! By the way, I’m sorry if we scared you. We know that no one has been coming here, but we are here to keep you company!”

“We can have a sleepover,” Chaeyoung suggests.

“Yes!” Lisa says. “Talk about boys and cry about our problems.”

Jisoo giggles. “Thank you for coming.”

“Everyone say thank you Jennie,” Lisa says.

“Thank you Jennie,” they all say in unison before breaking out in a series of giggles.

 

    Jisoo stuffs the last mozzarella corndog into . She looks at the other girls as they mirror her. They are all filled with delicious food and are stuffed.

“So,” Chaeyoung says. “Jisoo are you and Taehyung… a thing?”

Jisoo chokes on her food. Lisa quickly pats Jisoo. “You couldn’t have asked after she finished eating?” Lisa asks.

Jisoo clears prior to responding with, “No, why would you think that?”

Lisa shrugs. “He just seems very protective over you.”

“That’s because he’s my bodyguard,” Jisoo says as she thinks about what she said. Technically, Taehyung was never Jisoo’s bodyguard to begin with. “Actually, he’s not. I don’t know why he’s helping me. Pity?”

“Pity?” Chaeyoung scoffs. “He is the cruelest man I’ve ever met after his uncle of course. Jisoo, sweetie, let me tell you a bit about Kim Taehyung.” Jisoo sits up straight. So does Lisa, even though she knows the man’s story like it’s her own. “Everyone knows that Taehyung was recruited into the mafia when he was young. It’s because his parents died, so his uncle took him in. Ever since, Taehyung trained to become just like his uncle. His uncle, Woojin, is the most powerful man in South Korea, even more powerful than the government. Woojin doesn’t have any kids, so he treats Taehyung like his own. And you guessed it, Taehyung is his successor.”

“And?” Jisoo questions.

“Taehyung is the type of man who gives no mercy. I heard that he shot his own men in the warehouse because you had a bruise on your cheek. Even if the others weren’t involved, every man in the warehouse died because they hurt you.” Chaeyoung explains. Jisoo’s eyes wander down the the ground. Taehyung was the one who saved her that night.

“His own men?”

“Yes, everyone in Bangtan is a leader to someone. But Woojin is everyone’s King.”

“Apparently his first kill was at fifteen years old,” Lisa says. “He shot a traitor within the gang.” Jisoo slowly looks up to Lisa with fear in her eyes. “But don’t worry, he likes you.” A smile is apparent on Lisa’s face.

“How are you so sure?”

“Well he doesn’t act like this with anyone else.”

“Not even Irene?”

Chaeyoung and Lisa burst into a full on laugh attack. “Oh girl,” Chaeyoung replies. “Bangtan and BlackPink don’t Irene. Taehyung himself doesn’t like her.”

“Why?”

“She’s like a puppy that follows him around everywhere,” Lisa states as she rolls her eyes. “They were friends with benefits for a while before Taehyung began to distance himself. However, she doesn’t really quite get the idea.”

“Oh,” Jisoo says with forming an ‘O’. “This whole time I assumed that they dated.”

“Taehyung has never actually dated anyone.” Chaeyoung tells her. “Just female friends here and there.”

“Don’t worry!” Lisa exclaims. “Irene has got nothing on you!”

Chaeyoung gasps. “Since you’re here now, then maybe it’ll drive her away because Taehyung has you now.”

“Unless she goes homie hopping onto one of the Bangtan boys,” Lisa giggles.

“We’ll never get rid of her,” Chaeyoung slaps her face. She looks back at Jisoo. “Do you like Taehyung?”

Jisoo just stares at the girl as she searches for an answer. She wants to trust Taehyung, but with everything that has happened so far she doesn’t know if she does. He treats her well and looks after her, but he is still a dangerous man.

“I don’t know,” Jisoo responds truthfully. “I don’t know whether to trust him or not. I want to think that I like him.”

Lisa and Chaeyoung look over at each other before looking back at Jisoo.

A faint smile appears onto Lisa’s face. “Trust him. He’s doing his best to keep Woojin away from you.”

“Trust him because an underground war might occur because he wants you safe,” Chaeyoung tells her. Jisoo furrows her brows in confusion. Why would Taehyung risk so much for a girl like her?

“What will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter