7. D-1

Through Drought and Famine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Yoongi was never given a second option. He was born into the underworld as his father was the right hand man for Woojin. His training started on his twelfth birthday. During his training, there were times when he wanted to escape and live a normal life. It wasn’t until his father died that he wanted to carry on his father’s legacy as a silent killer.

Sixteen year old Yoongi worked hard to be liked by Woojin in hopes of being recruited by a gang under the powerful man. When Yoongi met his gang members, he almost scoffed at how pathetic they looked. Their talent told him to shut up. He soon realized what a perfect team they made.

On his seventeenth birthday, Yoongi made his first kill under a full moon. Words spread like wildfire as people soon began to figure out who had killed the wife of a infamous Yakuza leader. He was able to make his way into her hotel room and perform his staple move, suffocation. He eventually began to make people's’ deaths look like suicide, slitting throats and hanging them.

Years later and Yoongi is still considered the silent killer.

 

    Jisoo’s arm clings around Taehyung’s as they walk towards the loud building. The bouncer doesn’t give Taehyung a second glance before letting him and Jisoo into the club. Namjoon owns the notorious club, and the gang members get free drinks every time they come. The club is already filled with people despite only being nine o’clock. The couples spots the other gang members hanging out in the corner and approaches them.

“Looking good Jisoo,” Jimin says as they walks up to the booth. Jisoo is styled in a classic black bodycon dress. Taehyung shoots Jimin a glare, and Chaeyoung elbows him. Jimin clears his throat, “As do you Taehyung. That olive green looks awfully amazing on you!”

Hoseok scoots down the booth and makes room for the two. “What took you guys so long? The birthday boy is already drunk,” Hoseok says while pointing at Yoongi--who is sitting in the center. His head lays on Jennie’s shoulder as he tries to bring another drink to his mouth.

Jungkook groans. “I’m his D.D. tonight.”

“Try taking your girl out when your uncle is trying to kill her,” Taehyung says. Jisoo whips her head to look at Taehyung when the words your girl leaves his mouth. Taehyung takes a shot and raises it, “To my old man, Yoongi.”

“Yoongi!” Everyone shouts as they all drown in alcohol.

The night continues on as everyone dances on the dance floor. Taehyung protectively makes sure that the distance between them is close. He keeps the distance at a few people away. The girls notice how he doesn’t want to leave her side.

“Tell your bodyguard to have some fun,” Lisa tells Jisoo. “Why’s he all up on your ?”

Jisoo chuckles as she moves to the music, “Woojin wants me dead.”

“It’s not like Woojin is here, you know?” Jennie says with a roll of her eyes. “I hate men.”

“Shouldn’t you be happy?” Chaeyoung asks. “It’s your man’s birthday!”

“Yeah but he’s sobered up and is pole dancing right now,” Jennie replies as she looks over her shoulder to see Yoongi spinning around a pole. Seokjin and Hoseok are throwing dollar bills at him.

“Is anyone thirsty?” Jisoo asks.

“I am!” Lisa exclaims. She takes Jisoo’s hand and tells the other girls, “We’ll be back.”

Jisoo and Lisa walk up to the bartender and ask for water. Just as Jisoo is about to grab ahold of the glass, the water splatters everywhere and the glass bursts onto the counter. Her vision begins to spin and before she knows it, she’s being pulled away by someone. The music stops as everyone gasps at what they had just heard. The sharp and piercing sound of a gunshot fills everyone with worry.

Jisoo is being dragged out of the club. She recognizes his scent as Taehyung and begins to calm down. Trying to keep up with his pace, Jisoo is thrown into the passenger seat of his car. She quickly straps herself down as he begins the car. They drive down a wide and dark road.

Jisoo can only hear the sound of her breathing and the car accelerating. She looks at his side mirrors and notices two cars following them. She then looks at Taehyung. His eyebrows are knit as he steps on the gas pedal.

As they pass a ramp, two cars identical to Taehyung’s enter. The windows are heavily tinted, just like Taehyung’s car. When the vehicles are on either side of them, Taehyung opens his windows. On the left, Hoseok is looking at them. Meanwhile, Jungkook is on the right. Taehyung nods at them before he brings his windows back up.

Taehyung begins to change lanes every other second and the others copy him. Jisoo looks back and notices the two cars following them skid with the sound of a gunshot. Someone blew their tires. Behind the two cars are more cars with the same design as Taehyung’s car.

Pulling up onto the driveway of the safehouse, Jisoo gets out of the car and glances at the license plates of the car. They’re all the same.

“Can we discuss this tomorrow morning?” Hoseok asks. “I’m tired and my brain can’t function after what just happened.”

“Me too,” Jungkook says as they all walk into the house.

“Jisoo and I are off to my room,” Taehyung tells them, not caring about what they wanted to do. He treks his way upstairs. Jisoo looks over at Hoseok and Jungkook. They motion for her to follow him, and she does as they say.

Hesitantly opening the door to Taehyung’s room, Jisoo looks at his back facing her. She closes the door and stands right behind him.

Taehyung heaves a sigh prior to telling her, “I have two options for you.” Jisoo swallows the lump in . I can help you find a new identity, and you’ll have to move to Europe.” She can already feel the tears that are threatening to escape. “Or you can stay with me.” Taehyung turns around to face Jisoo. A tear streams down her cheek. His thumb wipes away the stray tear before his hand cups her cheek. “I talked to BlackPink, and they want you as a member. But obviously, if you don’t want to stay, I respect your opinion.”

His forehead rests on hers as he waits for her answer.

“I-I,” she chokes. “I want to stay with you.”

 

    Jisoo stands in front of Jennie. They stand in the center of a gym room built inside of the safehouse. The gang leader looks at her with a piercing gaze. “If you want to become a member of BlackPink, then you must train in order to pass three stages of our initiation. Do you understand?” Jisoo nods. “Great. First, we’ll start with physical strength. Not everyone can have weapons on them at all times. You must think wisely and use your physical strength to stall before finding something you can use as a weapon.”

Jennie places her hand on Jisoo’s shoulder. “Punch me.”

“W-What?” Jisoo asks.

“Did I stutter?”

“No,” she mumbles as her eyes wander to the ground.

“Jisoo, look at me.” Jisoo looks at Jennie in the eyes. “That’s better. Don’t look at the ground, it makes you look weak. Have a little more confidence.” Jisoo nods. “Now punch me.”

Jisoo tries her best to punch Jennie but fails. “You’re really weak, but that’s how all beginner are. Let’s begin our training.”

A few hours pass by before Jisoo can top Jennie while sparring. “I’m either getting tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter