4. Somehow

Through Drought and Famine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

trigger warning: death, suicide

    His dark orbs are staring back at her, voice inaudible. His visuals stain her memory. From his jet black hair to his flawless skin, the image of him scares her. His frame hovers over her as he talks. The words, “remember my face,” burn her ears. Before he leaves, his right hand man gives him a black gun. Aiming it at her, he gives her a lazy smile prior to shooting.

Jisoo quickly awakens from the dream. Cold sweat drips down her face as her heartbeat beats at a fast rate. She grabs her phone from the nightstand, and it reads 2:15 a.m. She sighs before laying back down. The same dream has been reoccurring, and all of them end in the same manner. It usually switches off between who kills her; V or the other man.

Not being able to fall back asleep, Jisoo grabs her phone and hesitantly hovers over his name. She shuts her eyes as she presses the call icon and lets the phone ring. Bringing the phone to her ear, she waits.

“Hello?” A groggy voice says, his tone asking more of a: What do you want?

“Tae, I’m hungry,” Jisoo lies. “Can you take me out to eat something.”

Taehyung is silent on the other line for a while before responding with, “Sure I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

The call ends and Jisoo gets up to slip a hoodie and shoes on. She walks downstairs and waits for his arrival. A few minutes later, she gets a text message from Taehyung stating: I’m at the front door. I don’t want to ring the doorbell in case your father is sleeping.

Opening the door, Jisoo is greeted by Taehyung’s tired smile. Leaning on the door frame in his pajamas, he motions for Jisoo to exit. She does so and walks to his car, his Lamborghini. They both get into the car, and he starts driving.

“So why are you awake at 2 a.m.?” Taehyung asks. “You can’t possibly be hungry after attending dinner with Nayeon.”

Jisoo shrugs. “Bad dream.”

He quickly glances at her. Her dark eye circles sunken. “You should be getting a lot of sleep considering that your father’s party is later on.”

“I know.”

Taehyung doesn’t say anything and lets silence drive them to a small vendor near the river. They get out the car and greet the lady who owns the vendor. Quickly ordering food, Jisoo sits down at a table and focuses her attention on the flowing river.

Taehyung sits across from her and places her food in front of her. They had been together for a month and a half. Everyday, Taehyung would show up at her house and encourage her to go outside and do whatever she wanted. Days and nights consisted of Jisoo only wanting to see her friends. However, going out helped Jisoo at her father’s inauguration and soon his dinner party to celebrate him being in office for a month.

Jisoo blows on her rice cake before stuffing it in . A satisfied expression appears onto her face as she chews on the soft food. Taehyung chuckles at her. He takes a stab at a rice cake and puts it in his mouth.

“I should take a picture of you like this and send it to the journalists,” he says. His fingers frame her body. “Kim Jisoo, daughter of President, stuffing her face with spicy rice cakes near Han River.”

Jisoo tosses him a glare. She clears and tells him, “The headline later on tonight will be: Kim Jisoo, daughter of President, wears Chanel to father’s celebration.”

“More like: Kim Jisoo’s bodyguard goes viral for amazing looks!” Taehyung fakes a gasp and plops his hand over his mouth. Jisoo rolls her eyes at him before breaking out into a giggle. He follows her giggles. Her eyes crinkle into cresent moons with her nose scrunching up, smile is ear to ear. His stomach is flipping inside out as he admires her. He softly tells her, “You should smile more often.”

“Huh?”

“Your smile. You should smile more often. You look pretty when smiling.”

“O-Oh.” Jisoo looks down her food, a small smile escaping her lips from the compliment. She looks back at him to see him mirroring her expression. She rarely laughed or smiled around him, but when she was with her friends he would be able to see her lips curl up. Putting another rice cake in , Jisoo removes her gaze from him. “Taehyung, why did you break up with her?”

“Who?”

Jisoo rolls her eyes. Taehyung chuckles. “We’re on and off I guess. I like her, but she only uses me.”

She pouts at his reply and stuff . “Well you deserve someone who will give you everything they have to offer.”

“And how would you know?” He asks, resting his head in his hand. “Have you been in a relationship before?” Jisoo pokes at her rice cakes.

“No,” she mumbles. “But I know what I want, and no matter how beautiful that person may be, I will not let them take advantage of me.” Her chopsticks point at him. “Because I’m too good of a person to let them do that to me.”

Taehyung can’t think of anything to respond with. He takes her words of advi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter