1. Around You

Through Drought and Famine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Around You

 

    Tabloids fill the vast city with headlines involving candidates of the next election. Jisoo picks up and newspaper with a frown. Returning back to Seoul after studying abroad in the USA for four years, Jisoo wasn’t caught up with politics and current events in South Korea. She’s only aware of her father, Kim Minseo, running for president. The newspaper in her hand made a claim that she knew was false: KIM MINSEO HAS A PAST WITH GANG ACTIVITIES.

Jisoo places the paper back down as she walks out of the building. Grabbing her keys from valet, she starts driving to her father’s office to have lunch with him. The headline runs through her head.

As a child, Jisoo only grew up with father since her mother passed due to health reasons. She lived a very nice life due to her father. He did everything he could to make her life comfortable. He never remarried, so she stayed an only child. Her high school memories were filled with days of studying. When Jisoo became an adult, her father suggested her to study in the states. At first Jisoo rejected the idea, but as time went on she realized that she wanted to make her father proud.

Too lost in her own thoughts, Jisoo wakes up in reality when her car crashes into another car. She gasps as she kills the engine and steps out of the car. Already out of their car, the driver in front of her is frustrated--hands in his hair. Jisoo glances over to the male’s car and witnesses a visible scratch on his Lamborghini while her BMW remains intact.

“Were you not paying attention while driving?” A deep, angry voice calls out to her.

Turning back to find the owner of the voice, Jisoo meets the warm brown eyes that belong to the owner of the Lamborghini. Her heart begins to beat at a fast rate. His features seep into her vision. South Korea is home to many handsome idols and actors, but this man is on a different level. It’s almost as if he could be the most handsome man in the world. She’s nervous to respond back to him with his dark orbs staring back.

“Are you just going to stand there and stare at me?” The stranger asks.

Jisoo snaps out of a daze and mumbles, “I-I wasn’t staring.”

“Then what were you doing?”

“Observing the scratch,” she says while her hands scan over his car. Jisoo clears as she makes her way to the Lamborghini. “I-I’m so sorry.” She mentally curses at herself for being so irresponsible.

“Sorry isn’t going to fix the scratch,” he tells her. Jisoo looks back at him.

“Ah! I’ll give you my number and insurance information,” she replies. Jisoo takes a pen and sticky note out of her purse to write everything down. She finishes and hands him the paper. “And… your name?”

He looks a bit hesitant before replying with, “Taehyung.”

“Taehyung are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?” Jisoo asks.

Taehyung thinks for a while prior to telling her, “Well my neck is sort of in pain right now.” his hand flies to his neck in order to massage it. Jisoo’s eyes widen with worry.

“Should we go to a hospital?”

“It’s fine. If the pain worsens later on, then I’ll go.”

Jisoo nods. “Well, if it’s fine with you I’ll take my leave.”

“Go ahead,” Taehyung says as he continues to rub his neck.

“Again, I’m very sorry.” Jisoo walks back to her car and drives off. Taehyung watches the girl walk back to her car and drive off. He looks down and chuckles. “Kim Jisoo,” he says--looking off in the direction she drove off.
 

   Making her way into Kim Minseo’s office, Jisoo has a bag of sandwiches and juice with her. Just as she’s about to knock on the door, she overhears her father’s voice talking to someone.

“No, I haven’t told her yet,” Minseo says. Jisoo furrows her eyebrows. “I just don’t want to shock her because she’s been gone for so long. Yes, I will. Goodbye”

As the call en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter