Chapter 5

Hey ! I'm Hana.

At the end of the week, Hana was satisfied with the progress of her students. All the training sessions went on well, and every member was diligent. However, Hana was relieved to have reached the weekend as it was tiresome to teach 13 people at the same time. She had spoken with the managers and had agreed to allocate one training to each sub-units. Hana would have the choice after a while to reorganize the groups according to the level of each member. Mingyu had come up to her with the request of helping him with acting lines. He had an appearance in a drama, and his take was scheduled the following week. They had agreed to work on it as soon as the end of the week had arrived.

"You should consider sending your application to castings, once you get more confident with Korean," Mingyu insisted at the end of their session.

Hana lowered her head uncomfortable.

"Definitely," , who had been present while they were rehearsing, agreed. "I'm going to tell Mr. Kim to contact you: he always knows about a lot of casting opportunities."

"That's considerate of you," Hana thanked him.

Her contract terminating after the filming of the MV, around the end of May, she had to eventually look for job opportunities if she wanted to stay in Korea. Hana had the intention to remain in the dance industry, but she wouldn't turn down the idea of acting or modeling.

On Saturday, Woozi took Hana to their recording room. There, she met Bumzu who still collaborated a lot on the songs Seventeen produced. The two of them were real music monsters: addicted and dedicated. Hana listened to the demo while Woozi and Bumzu were singing the existing lyrics. Without any surprise, the only parts missing were the ones Vernon had to write. Hana gave her advice on how they could make the song more exotic and therefore original. They added a beat and Hana declared, "Definitely makes me wanna dance on it." Both smiled as it was probably the purpose of the song.

"Could you do me a favor ?" Woozi wondered.

Hana raised one eyebrow impatient for what Woozi was going to say.

"Could you subtly offer your help to Vernon so that he can process the lyrics a bit faster than he usually does? We have to send it very soon to the upper management."

Hana burst out laughing as the image of Woozi scolding Vernon like a child crossed her mind.

"I'm going to see what I can do to help," Hana declared when she calmed down.

They decided to drink a coffee somewhere before going back to the apartment. Bumzu was an impressive artist. Both of them were real geniuses. However, Hana could feel the additional years of experience from Bumzu's words.

"You should listen to Hana singing," Woozi divulged. "She has an awesome voice. It stimulated for the first time in my life the desire to sing a duet."

"I'm a dancer, Woozi, definitely not a singer," Hana retorted.

"You can be both, you know," Bumzu stated wisely. "You currently have the perfect example under your eyes."

Woozi nodded in agreement, "Absolutely, the day I have a go from Pledis, I'll just won't leave you any choice."

Hana widened in a circular shape, "I wouldn't have imagined you that determined Woozi. I'm shocked."

"He's a real man," Bumzu asserted triggering general laughter.

When they arrived at the apartment, Hana looked for Vernon. She found him in his room working intensively on his lyrics.

"Do you want some help ?" she whispered afraid to bother him.

Vernon raised his head. Hana saw a glimmer of relief in his eyes.

"I would indeed like some external help," Vernon sighed. "I'm stuck."

He sat on his bed and invited her to take place next to him.

"You heard the demo, right ?" Vernon inquired.

Hana nodded and glanced at his scribbling pad. Everything was all over the place. However, Hana noticed his neat handwriting.

"Let me show you what I already have," Vernon declared starting to rap the lyrics he had already written.

As soon as he finished, he made a face and whined, "It's not optimal yet. I'm not happy with the result, and I have no inspiration on how to improve it."

Hana stared at the floor concentrated trying to reckon the lyrics and the melody of the song.

"Maybe it will be better that way," she claimed while rapping the part with slight changes.

She wasn't as experienced as Vernon. Nonetheless, she gave her best. She didn't want to create lyrics in his place. Her intention was rather to inspire him by providing hints about which parts could be improved. Vernon gave her a genuine smile before stating, "I'm feeling it now. Yes, exactly! That could be changed that way, and afterwards, we could speak about…"

It went on like this. Vernon was giving the first shot. Hana communicated her advice and opinion, which inspired Vernon. In two hours, the lyrics were settled and both were satisfied with the result.

"Thank you, Hana," Vernon said with a bright smile while taking her hand into his. "I was beginning to fall under time pressure. I'm going to see Woozi right now. I hope he approves it!"

Vernon rushed out of his room. Hana laid down on Vernon's bed glancing at her hand with a vague smile. She closed her eyes. She had had an intense week, and couldn't believe that she had met so many friendly people in such a short time. Soothed by the softness of the mattress and the smell of freshly washed sheets, Hana fell asleep.

Hana opened her eyes and saw the faces of Vernon and Joshua near hers. Surprised, she straightened up in one go. She had moved too quickly and felt suddenly dizzy.

"We weren't going to reprimand you," Joshua commented. "Are you feeling alright?"

Hana raised her hand to her forehead, "I'm just feeling a bit dizzy as I got up too quickly."

"You're pushing yourself too hard," Vernon shook his head. "Mingyu prepared something for dinner. Do you want to come down or rest some more?"

"I'll come down, but allow me to have two more seconds to wake up."

Vernon and Joshua left her alone. Hana took a moment to recover before joining the others. Most of them had already finished eating and had gone back to their rooms. Mingyu offered her the place next to him.

"Thank you Mingyu," Hana mentioned.

Hana took mostly vegetables and mixed them with rice. Woozi who was seating in front of her glanced at her, "Thank you, Hana, for helping Vernon. Thanks to you, he did the job faster than he ever did."

"Did you approve it ?" Hana inquired.

"Yeah, the result is impressive and fitting the song. Now, we can send the final demo to the upper management to get it approved."

Vernon was smiling, proud of his good deed. Hana couldn't stop but laugh as she imagined Vernon as a child getting a sweet treat.

Hana's phone vibrated. Joshua, Vernon, Mingyu and Woozi stared at her interested in who it was. Hana stopped eating and grabbed her phone. She had received a bunch of landscape photographs. The message under it just said in French "Look what I've found in the albums in your parent's room."

"It's Josie," Hana explained. "She was my father's nanny, and she is the one who is taking care of our house in Switzerland. Josie just sent me a bunch of pictures of the Swiss landscapes and our house that she found in some albums. Do you wanna see some pictures of where I come from?"

They nodded. Hana started to show them the photographs.

"Wow," Mingyu exclaimed. "The landscapes are magical. Look at this lake with the big mountains behind. I want to go there."

"Is that your house ?" Joshua wondered when Hana scrolled to the next picture.

"Yes, it is. You have to know that my grandparents on my father's side are quite wealthy. My father was supposed to inherit of this house. Well, now, I guess, it might rather go to my brother and me."

"Is your brother younger or older than you ?" Mingyu inquired.

"Two years younger, but much taller than me. If I do remember well, he must be 1m90 now. His name is Liam."

Mingyu raised his eyebrows surprised.

"Yeah, that comes from the German side of our family." An idea crossed her mind. Hana opened her eyes wide, "Guys, why don't you offer to film the MV in Switzerland? The sceneries could get impressive, and everyone could stay at my place."

The guys stayed silent for a while. Mingyu took Hana's hand in his and looked at her with sparkling eyes.

"You're the smartest, Hana. That's unquestionably the idea of the year." He had a glance around him, "Where is Seungcheol? We need to tell him right away about that excellent offer of yours."

"It could be fun. Don't you think ?" Hana asked while turning towards the three others.

"Oh my god!" Joshua beamed. "I'd love to go."

"Oh yass," Vernon added.

"We just need the management to approve that," Woozi stated.

Woozi's words instantly broke the excitement of the moment. Everyone realized that it would be difficult to persuade Pledis. However, it was never too late to at least try.