Hakyeon's Official Move To The Palace

Marriage With A Twist || DISCONTINUED

When we arrive at the palace, Hakyeon’s parents are already waiting for us. We get out of the carriage and Hakyeon rushes to his parents.

‘’Congratulations with your engagement, Hakyeon. We’re proud of you.’’ his mother says and has to wipe away a tear. She pulls Hakyeon into a hug and smiles. His parents still can’t believe he is engaged to a crown prince, who is a vampire. His mother lets go of Hakyeon and bows to me when I stand next to Hakyeon.

‘’Congratulations, Your Majesty.’’ Hakyeon’s dad says and I bow at the same time as when he bows at me. I wrap an arm around Hakyeon’s waist and Hakyeon looks at me with a smile. Hakyeon’s parents then bow to my parents and Hongbin, before they do the same to Hakyeon’s parents.

‘’Let’s go inside, shall we?’’ I ask and Hakyeon’s parents nod, before they follow me and Hakyeon. Wonshik greets us and leads Hakyeon’s parents to the living room.

‘’I’m happy for you, Leo.’’ Wonshik whispers and I smile. Hakyeon looks at me and asks me why Wonshik called me ‘Leo’.

‘’That's the nickname he gave me. Wonshik names me Leo, because he thought I would suit that nickname and I am like a fighter in his eyes.’’ I tell Hakyeon and he nods. Hakyeon and I sit down and we basically sit in between our parents.

‘’So our son is engaged to a prince, who is a vampire? That’s a special thing, but we are happy for our son. My excuses if it sounded rude.’’ Hakyeon’s dad says and smiles. Hakyeon places a hand on my leg and I look at him with a smile.

‘’I found your son by coincidence. My son can behave like an ice prince and I wanted that my son has to marry first before he can step up as the king of this kingdom. And during my search, I found your son Hakyeon by coincidence.’’ my dad says and Hakyeon starts to laugh. Hakyeon leans against my shoulder and grabs my hand.

‘’But that also means we will see our son as a real prince the next time?’’ Hakyeon’s mum asks and I nod. I don’t know when we will teach Hakyeon everything of the way we live, but his parents won’t recognise him as Hakyeon will undergo an incredible change.

‘’Hakyeon will change a lot, you won’t recognise him as your own son.’’ I tell them and Hakyeon’s mum starts to laugh. I can tell she totally is imagining his change. Hakyeon looks at me and smiles, because he can’t wait to live as a prince and he also can’t wait to be married.

~*~

Not long after this, the conversation changes its subject and the conversation now is about the relationship between Hakyeon’s parents and me. My dad tells them that the relationship between them and me has to be solid.

‘’That means we will visit the couple more often, since it’s becoming an issue for you to visit us. I understand vampires can’t really deal with sunlight and daylight.’’ Hakyeon’s dad says and I smile. I would really appreciate that.

‘’I also would like to invite you to the wedding, which is set within 2 weeks.’’ I tell them and I can see Hakyeon’s parents smile. That’s enough for me to say that they will be there.

‘’We really appreciate it that you invite us to the wedding, we really would like to see our son spreading his wings when he is being given away to you.’’ Hakyeon’s dad says. Right, we also have to discuss about that. But I think it would be lovely if one of his parents will give him away to me.

‘’Now that we’re talking about that, I would love it if one of you will give Hakyeon away. That would be lovely for him.’’ I say and Hakyeon’s parents smile, before his mother grabs some tissues and wipes away tears.

‘’I feel honored to hear that, Your Majesty.’’ Hakyeon’s mother says and looks at her husband. In the mean time, Hakyeon climbs on my lap and leans against me.

‘’Now that we talk about it, I think it would be great if his mother gives him away. She knows him a lot better than I do.’’ Hakyeon’s dad says and I look at Hakyeon, as if I want to ask him what he thinks of it.

‘’I’m fine with it.’’ Hakyeon says and looks at his parents. Well, great. That’s been set. We can now focus on more important things. I startle when Wonshik asks if Hakyeon and I can come with him. Hakyeon and I get up and bow to our parents, before we leave the living room.

‘’Okay Leo, you need some blood at first. Because I otherwise don’t want to take you with me.’’ Wonshik says and takes us with him to the kitchen, where he hands me a bag with blood. He apparently saw that I was hungry.

~*~

‘’Okay. The reason I wanted you two here, is because of the fact that it would be fun if you ,Leo, would guide Hakyeon around in the palace. Hakyeon hasn’t seen everything yet and you can show him now everything, before the big day is there.’’ Wonshik says and I nod. This seems a lot better than spending the time with our parents. We start inside the palace and I show Hakyeon basically everything, even the room where Hongbin and I have important classes such as Latin and politics.

‘’But I would like to ask something before we continue our tour, Taekwoon… But what is your actual age? I know that vampires are a lot older than how old they look.’’ Hakyeon says and I look at him.

‘’In fact, I am 322 years old and Hongbin is 319 years old.’’ I tell Hakyeon and his eyes widen. He probably wasn’t expecting that answer, but he has to keep that in mind when we are married.

‘’Wow, that’s pretty old already. But I’m glad your looks make you look younger.’’ Hakyeon says and I place a kiss on his forehead. We continue our tour and we later on end in the garden.

‘’You have seen a bit of the garden until this bench, but this garden is a lot bigger than just this.’’ I tell him and I take Hakyeon with me. Hakyeon grabs my hand and I look at him when I tell him about everything we have in our garden.

‘’Wow, this garden is a lot bigger than my parents have.’’ Hakyeon says and I giggle.

‘’And our garden probably looks a lot better than the garden of your parents.’’ I tell him and Hakyeon starts to laugh, before I wrap an arm around him and start to kiss him.