The Big Day

Marriage With A Twist || DISCONTINUED

After 2 months of waiting, the big day is finally there. Our wedding day. Hakyeon and I have cut our hair for this and we also dyed it, Hakyeon's hair is red and mine is blonde. We wanted to look decent for this day. My mum has decided to do my makeup, to big relief of myself. I'm a few hours on the chair right now and I let my mum do whatever she wants as long as she doesn't make me embarrassed on this day.

''Are you nervous Taekwoon?'' my mum asks and I nod while I sigh. Today, I will say yes to Hakyeon becoming my husband in front of his parents, my parents, the ministers and the entire kingdom. I'm the one who has to wait at the aisle at Hakyeon, so it's me who has to go to the cathedral first. Marriages are always taken place in the cathedral, it always has been a tradition.

While my mum is busy with my makeup, she tells me about her big day. She was a princess who was set to marry my dad. Just like me, she was against it and she wanted to do everything not to marry my dad. But she fell in love with my dad in the end. Shortly after their engagement was announced, she discovered that she was pregnant with me. My dad was excited for his first child to arrive and he talked daily to his unborn child. 

''But what about you mum? Weren't you excited to become a mum? I can imagine you weren't ready for it.'' I look at my mum and my mum sighs when she looks at me. 

''Nothing came too early for me, so not even becoming a mum. I was looking for it just like your dad was and your dad told me every month how well the pregnancy suited me, but we didn't tell the kingdom yet. We wanted to announce everything once you were born, which we did in the end.'' my mum answers and I try to look outside, but I can't do much because of the fact that my mum is busy with my makeup. I like children, but I don't know if Hakyeon likes them too.

I'm looking forward to meet Hakyeon's parents again, because they seem like nice people. I mean, I have met them before. But I want to know if they are always like that.

''I'm happy for you Taekwoon, I'm happy that you're going to build a future with Hakyeon.'' my mum says and I sigh to get rid off the nerves. Once I have this ring around my finger, there is no way back and I have to devote my life to Hakyeon.

It doesn't take long before my mum is done with my makeup and she gets up. I get up after her and my mum smiles at me.

''Come on, prince Taekwoon. It's time to make you a married man.'' my mum giggles and leaves the room. I follow her downstairs and we get into the carriage. Hongbin will not attend the wedding, because it's too dangerous for me that he is going to attend the wedding. Hongbin can't stay away from Hakyeon and I'm sure he would've done everything to disturb the wedding.

~*~

I'm standing at the aisle with my mum behind me and we have to wait for Hakyeon and my dad to arrive. The ministers and our family ,even Hakyeon's parents, are waiting for the big moment. Being nervous as heck, the Priest stands next to me and I talk with him to kill some time.

''It's gonna be okay with you, Your Majesty. I can guarantee you that.'' the Priest says and my mum rubs over my shoulders with her thumb.

''Stand up for the fiancee of the crown prince please!'' a voice says and everyone in the cathedral gets up. When I look at towards the entrance of the cathedral, I see Hakyeon there with my dad. With slow steps, Hakyeon and my dad come towards us and I smile. This is it, Hakyeon and I are getting married and he will be mine forever.

When Hakyeon stands in front of me, my dad takes a seat next to my mum and I smile at Hakyeon who smiles back in return. The Priest is doing a short ritual on Hakyeon and sprinkles some water over him. We don't like holy water, so the Priest uses normal water instead. Hakyeon shows his respect by bowing towards the Priest and the Priest places a crown on Hakyeon's head as his entrance into the royal life.

Hakyeon turns to face me and grabs both of my hands. During the preach of the Priest at this part of the cermony, he is speaking quite long and I start to feel bored. I never like long preaches and this isn't an exception either. The Priest places his hands on top of our heads and chanted some holy words. After this, the Priest removes his hands from our heads and an uncle of mine hands over our rings. Hakyeon picks the first ring and looks at me with a smile.

''Say after me Hakyeon. I ,Cha Hakyeon, will take you ,Jung Taekwoon, as my wedded husband and I will be on your side in good times and in bad times as long as I shall live.'' the Priest says and Hakyeon repeats after him. Hakyeon slides the ring at my finger and then it's my turn to take the other ring.

''I ,Jung Taekwoon, will take you ,Cha Hakyeon, as my wedded husband and I will be on your side in good times and in bad times as long as I shall live.'' I repeat after the Priest and I slide the ring at Hakyeon's finger. The Priest places a hand on top of ours and looks at us with a smile.

''From now on, the two of you will be seen as one entity. Your souls are one and God looks down upon the two of you from Heaven, the Lord will protect you when needed. I wish both you the very best and I wish the two of you a lot of luck. May God bless you two.'' the Priest says and lets go of our hands.

~*~

We bow to the Priest and we turn sideways to face the vampires and Hakyeon's parents.

''In the name of the Lord, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I present to you the next royal couple.'' the Priest says and everyone starts to applaude. Along with Hakyeon, I leave the cathedral and I walk with him to the room next to the cathedral. The ceremony is over and we will have our reception in the big room next to the cathedral.

''I can't believe it Taekwoon, we're a married couple now. We are married now.'' Hakyeon says and places his lips on mine, before I look at him with a smile after he pulls back. It still feels unreal that I'm married now, but that means I have to prepare myself for the crowning ceremony once my dad says it's ready. Hakyeon and I sit down at our assigned seats and the guests enter the room shortly after. Hakyeon's parents are in a conversation with mine and the four of us approach us.

''Congratulations Hakyeon, I'm proud of you. You're married now.'' his mum says and pulls Hakyeon in for a short hug. Even his dad pulls him into a short hug and they shake hands with me.

''Good luck together.'' my dad says and I look at Hakyeon with a smile. Hakyeon has changed a lot since the engagement and he behaves like a real prince now. I saw that it surprised his parents, because they saw their son for the first time as a prince.