The Royal Engagement

Marriage With A Twist || DISCONTINUED

2 days later, the day has finally arrived: The day that Hakyeon and I will engage. I'm on my room and I'm doing the final touches. My mum is doing my hair and I take a deep breath.

''Nervous?'' my mum asks and I nod. It's coming really close now, but it's still a bit sad that my freedom is about to end. After this day, I have to behave like a real crown prince and as a husband to be.

''I was like you, so I understand how you feel. Your dad and I were also brought together for an arranged marriage.'' my mum says and my eyes widen. So, it's a family thing huh? My mum gets up and even I get up. I'm ready to get engaged to a human named Cha Hakyeon. Along with my mum, I walk downstairs.

My dad is waiting there for us, along with Hongbin and Hakyeon. I walk towards Hakyeon and I grab his hand. Hakyeon's parents will be there at the ceremony aswell and I already noticed that Hakyeon is nervous to show them his engagement ring once we're engaged. Even I have to wear one, because it's sort of a tradition for a royal prince like me to wear an engagement ring aswell once the ceremony is over. Hongbin looks at me with a jealous look and I stick out my tongue to him. He will never get Hakyeon, never!

We walk outside with the five of us ,Wonshik walks in front of us, and we make our way to the carriage. I really wonder how they want to get the five of us in this carriage, but it looks huge on the inside. A lackey opens the door of the carriage and it's me who enters first, followed by Hakyeon, my dad, Hongbin and my mum. The lackey closes the door and it doesn't take long before the carriage drives off. Hakyeon grabs my hand and looks at me with a smile. It's gonna be a reality that we're going to get married, because our wedding is planned within 2 weeks. From then, I will no longer live in freedom. But from then, I have to devote my life to Hakyeon.

''I'm looking forward to the wedding already, Taekwoon. I can't wait to call you mine.'' Hakyeon says and smiles. My mum smiles too and it doesn't take long before my dad smiles too.

''You two are so lovely together, I'm glad I chose for Hakyeon to marry our oldest son.'' my dad says and I place a kiss on Hakyeon's forehead. Hongbin is looking very jealous at me and my dad pokes him.

''Be happy for your brother, Hongbin. You're time will come.'' my dad says and Hongbin takes a deep breath, before he looks outside and growls.

~*~

When the carriage stops, I look outside and I see that we arrived at the little church. I heard that we will marry in a bigger church, so it's gonna be fun. My parents get out first and Hakyeon and I follow shortly after. A lot of vampires scream of happiness and Hakyeon and I wave at them, while we make our way into the little church.

''You two have to stay here.'' my dad says and enters the room along with my mum and Hongbin. ''It feels like we're getting married already, but it's only an engagement.'' Hakyeon says and giggles. Only an engagement? An engagement is a big deal here. But I'm glad that the entire kingdom will celebrate it with us once the big day is there. When everyone is ready, Hakyeon and I walk towards the aisle while I hear the guests say how cute Hakyeon and I look like. The pastor smiles when we stand in front of him and starts of with his preach. Ugh, I'm so done with the pastor doing his preaching. Because it makes you look sleepy. After 30 minutes, the pastor hands us two golden niamh rings with a single diamond in the middle. These rings are made for royals like me and we will get a different niamh ring at our wedding.

''Put this ring on your spouse to be.'' the pastor says and it's Hakyeon who takes the first ring and slides it around my right ring finger. Then I take the other ring and slide it around Hakyeon's right ring finger. The pastor then places his hands on both Hakyeon's and my head, before we close our eyes.

''Dear Lord, I ask you to stand with our crown prince and his fiancee in their journey to the wedding over 2 weeks.'' the pastor says and we open our eyes, before the pastor removes his hands from our heads.

''The ceremony is over and the royal couple will be seen as one entity.'' the pastor says and Hakyeon and I turn to the guests. Everyone applauds and I smile. I then look around and see Hakyeon's parents, who are raising their thumbs with a big smile on their face. I look at Hakyeon and I smile, because I finally have their approval to marry their son. Their approval is important to me, because I have to maintain a lot of important relationships. Including the one with Hakyeon's parents.

~*~

After the ceremony, we walk outside and I throw the hands of me and Hakyeon into the air.

''The engagement is official.'' I say and we enter the carriage. Hakyeon's head rests on my shoulder and my parents smile. The wedding is in 2 weeks, so Hongbin has 2 weeks left to hurt us. But my parents will make sure that Hongbin will stay away from us. I play with Hakyeon's hair and Hakyeon looks at his engagement ring.

''Wow, we're officially engaged now. My parents will be so happy for me that I'll marry a prince, a vampire prince to be exact.'' Hakyeon says and giggles. But Hakyeon has to realise at the same time that it's gonna be a reality for him, because we have to turn Hakyeon into a prince. Hakyeon isn't used to the royal life, so he has a long way to go.

''It's gonna be time we will teach you everything of our way of living. Because if you wanna rule with Taekwoon over our kingdom, you need to have some knowledge of our kingdom and you have to function as if you're one of us.'' my dad says and Hakyeon nods. Hakyeon already has seen how we live and we try to get that into Hakyeon's system.

''Taekwoon might've told you about the fact that you'll turn into a vampire too right?'' my mum asks and Hakyeon nods. ''But we will wait with that for another year, because you have to get used to this life first.'' my mum then continues and Hakyeon nods again.

''But Taekwoon will help me out with that and I also can count on you, Your Majesty.'' Hakyeon says and smiles bright. His day can't go wrong anymore.