The reception

Marriage With A Twist || DISCONTINUED

The reception has started and it's clear that the ones who we invited for this, are having fun. Hakyeon and I sat down with our parents and we talk about everything.

''So Hakyeon, we have to speak formal and say Your Majesty to you huh? You have changed so much, but that doesn't mean we aren't happy for you.'' Hakyeon's mum says and Hakyeon smiles, while he takes my hand at the same time. I look at Hakyeon's parents and I shake their hand when they look at me.

''We are happy to see you happy next to our son, we are convinced pretty much that Hakyeon is going to be an amazing prince.'' his dad says says and I nod. Hakyeon becomes even more shy and his head rests on my shoulder. Hakyeon's mother smiles and aims her eyes on my parents. Then, it's me who looks at my parents and my dad places a hand on my shoulder.

''My son has changed a lot aswell. He was an ice prince at first, but he is becoming more open now and he is showing his caring side a lot more.'' my dad says, before both of my parents and Hakyeon's parents start to laugh. Well, it's true that I didn't want to admit that true love could change me. But it has happened and Hakyeon teared down the walls I had built around my undead heart. 

''So the next step is becoming the new king of the vampires?'' Hakyeon's dad asks and I nod, before Hakyeon lifts up his head and looks at me.

''Yes, but I have to wait a bit before that is becoming reality. And as long as my dad doesn't think it's needed to step back, I'm okay with being the heir to the throne. I mean, both of us don't want to rush with it.'' I admit and my mum nods. Then, a voice startles me and Hakyeon smiles.

''Congratulations Hakyeon! Or should I say: Prince Hakyeon?'' the voice says and Hakyeon gets up from his seat to hug the person behind his chair.

''Wonshik-ah! It's been a while since I've seen you.'' Hakyeon says and pulls a so called Wonshik into a hug. I get up from my seat aswell and once Hakyeon lets go of him, I shake his hand.

''Damn Hakyeon, you sure have found your Prince Charming haha. But is it getting in your way that he is a vampire and that you're human?'' Wonshik looks from me to Hakyeon and Hakyeon shakes his head.

''No, his family is okay with the fact that I'm human and they are aware of that in many situations. Such as diner. While they drink blood, they let the chefs in the kitchen prepare a human meal for me. But I'll turn into a vampire next year.'' Hakyeon tells Wonshik, whose eyes widens after Hakyeon's confession.

~*~

Hakyeon is still in a conversation with Wonshik and I am in a conversation with a minister, with the minister of finances to be exact. Mr. Lee is still surprised by the fact that I married a human boy.

''Minister Lee, my dad has chosen my partner so it wasn't my choice. And why would it matter to you that he is human? May I remind you that we will prepare a ceremony that he'll turn into a vampire next year?'' I confess towards minister Lee and he nods. Minister Lee thinks Hakyeon is a great kid, but he can't accept that Hakyeon is human. Minister Lee then walks away and I sit with my parents again. Hakyeon and Wonshik then join us, but Wonshik stays behind Hakyeon's chair.

''Take good care of Hakyeon, Your Majesty. He is a good friend of mine, so I don't wanna lose him.'' Wonshik says and I look at him before I nod. I understand why Wonshik is so insecure about me being a vampire and Hakyeon being human, but I will keep this promise to Wonshik. Wonshik then nods and walks away. Hakyeon grabs my hand and I look at him. I can tell Hakyeon is nervous, but I understand that. Hakyeon and I are seen now as one entity and later today, we will spend our very first moment in bed as a married couple.

It still feels weird that we're married now, but it's all worth it. Even though I was acting cold towards Hakyeon at first, Hakyeon changed me on the inside. Hakyeon places a kiss on my cheek and I smile at the same time when his mum says 'ahw'.

''I love you Taekwoon, you don't wanna know how much I love you. And I don't care that I'm from a different specie, because look where we are now. We are married now.'' Hakyeon says and starts to kiss me in front of our parents. I hear Hakyeon's mum cry in happiness and I start to smile right away, because this shows how much Hakyeon's parents already like me.

~*~

Then, it's time for our royal daenseu. Our royal dance, which is different compared to the dance on human weddings. At royal weddings here, the groom and bride ,in our case it's both grooms, stand across the dancefloor from each other. Before they make their way to their partner, both will get a golden bracelet around their arm and a velvet coat around the shoulders. And looking at the dance, we dance the waltz. It's a tradition we have for centuries. 

Hakyeon and I get up and we walk to the dancefloor. Hakyeon and I have practiced this in the past months and to be honest, Hakyeon has talent for the waltz. Hakyeon stands across the dancefloor and it's my dad who stands next to Hakyeon and it's my dad who applies the bracelet on Hakyeon's wrist, before putting on the velvet coat around Hakyeon's shoulders. At my side, my mum does the same to me. My coat is thicker, because mine shows that I am the heir to the throne.

I look at my mum with a smile and once my mum leaves the dancefloor, I walk in slow steps towards Hakyeon as Hakyeon does the same. Hakyeon smiles and takes one of my hands, while his other hand slips under my coat and rests on my back. My other hand slips under Hakyeon's coat and mine also rests on Hakyeon's back. It takes a few seconds before the music starts and we start to dance. Hakyeon let me lead and he dances around the floor.

I look for a few seconds to my parents, who start to smile and then my eyes rest for a few seconds on Wonshik. Wonshik nods and raises his thumb, much to my pleasure. I'm glad I'm being accepted more and more into Hakyeon's family and Hakyeon's friends also accept me more. I then look back at Hakyeon and I smile at him, while Hakyeon smiles in return. Our day is sealed with this wonderful marriage and the best part of it all is... Hongbin didn't ruin it.