CHAPTER 8

Crossing the Line || Zikun


Kunkun's POV

"Our Kunkun is silent. What's wrong Kun?" I looked at Zhengting and just smiled a him. A fake one.

"I'm fine"

"I know you're not. I know you. Did you forgot? I'm your bestfriend. You can't hide anything from me" he said. My smile disappeared.

"You can tell me anything and I'll help you with it" he said and patted my shoulder. Well, I think I can tell him.

*FLASHBACK*

It's lunch time already. My friends are already at the cafeteria and still in our room. I'm still waiting for Ziyi to say something but I think he won't say anything. I'll just speak.

"Ziyi! Let's have lunch-" I didn't finish what I'm saying when he stood up and walk over his cousin and dragged her out of the class room. I was kinda down. We never talked too much this day.

"Hey Kun! Are you alright?" I looked at the person who asked that. I was shocked. It was Zuo Ye.  He is one of my childhood friend. We were close but unfortunately his family moved to another city and we didn't have any communication.

"Zuo Ye! When did you got here?" I asked and hugged him.

"I just transferred here. I'm in the next room" he said while hugging back.

"By the way, you looked sad. Did you and your boyfriend had a fight" he said after we broke the hug.

"Huh? Boyfriend? Who?" I asked. I'm confused.

"The one you talk to a while ago"

"No! He isn't" I denied while blushing

"Oh. I thought he was. Sorry" he said and laughed.

"What made you think that he was my boyfriend?" I asked.

"Instincts? I just feel your emotions"

"Are you some kind of wizard or something?" I said and laughed.

"But seriously, do you have feelings for him?" He asked. I became silent. I just don't know what to say.

"Why are you silent all of the sudden?" He asked.

"N-nothing. Let's go eat. They're waiting" I said and he just nodded and we walked towards the cafeteria. We saw Zhengting and the others and we walked towards them.

"Zuo Ye! When did you got here?" Zeren asked.

"I just transferred here today" he said and smiled.

"Kun? Where's Ziyi?" Zhengting asked.

"He's with his cousin" I said.

"You should call them" Zhengting said. I just nod my head.

I walked towards the back of the school. The house there. Well, it's where me and Ziyi always go.

The door's open and I heard people talking. I was just outside the door. I didn't said anything. It was Ziyi and his cousin.

"I'm not gay" Ziyi said

"Oh really?" She's teasing him.

"I don't like boys! And I'll never like boys" He said seriously. I can feel it.

"Even Kunkun?" She asked. I think she noticed me. She looked at me as I was there frozen. I was actually waiting for what will Ziyi say.

"Not even him" He said.  I was hurt with what he said. I don't know why.

"Then can I have him?" She asked playfully. I'm hoping that he'll say no.

"Sure. Why not?" I can't take it anymore. I just walked away. I'm about to cry. But why would I?

Tears began to drop as I heard someone calling my name.

"KUN! XUKUN" I know it was Ziyi. I don't want to see him. I ran as fast as I can. I got to my dorm. Luckily he didn't caught me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Then what happened ge?" I look at the one who said that and it was Justin.

"When did you got here?" I asked.

"Who knows?"

"Shut up Justin!" He said and glared at Justin. After a moment.

"So that explains why you didn't go to class this afternoon" he said.

"Your more concern about the class that he missed this afternoon and not what he feels?" Justin said.

"Like you care!"

"I care about Kunkun okay?" Justin said and he hugged me. A back hug. I just laughed at this two. I so blessed to have this two as a friend. They never fail to make me smile.

"So Kun, do you like Ziyi?" Justin asked.

"I don't know?" I still confused.

"You're still confused? Well, can we say our opinion?" Zhengting asked. I just nod my head.

"When Ziyi came I saw interest in you eyes and when you said that we can go ahead and you'll just catch up I know at that moment that this will happen" Zhengting said.

"You're always happy when he's with you and you're always with him. So for me, I think you have feelings for him" Justin said and Zhengting just nodded.

They're right. It feels like I do have feelings for him. But what should I do? He's not gay and he'll never like men and especially me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~