CHAPTER 5

Crossing the Line || Zikun

Ziyi's POV

It's been weeks since I transferred here and I'm really thankful that I've made the right choice. And also I had my very first friend, my Kunkun- wait did I just- no nevermind.

I'm just thinking of him a lot this days. I don't know why? Do you know? Why am I talking to myself? I feel so stupid bro!

"Ziyi? Are you okay?" Kunkun asked. I didn't realize that he was there until he spoke.

"Oh! Yeah I'm fine. How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Just now. I'm just worried cause you were kinda- I don't know. Are you sick?" He asked.

"No. I'm fine bro. Just thinking of some stuffs" I said and laughed.

"Good to know that" he said and I just nodded. We were silent for a bit and he started talking again.

"You know what? My friends thought that you were some kind of a spoiled brat or something but now they realized that you're just a normal person like us"

"I never grow up like that. Like you guys, I just want to have a normal life" I said and just sighed.

Since I was young I never had a normal life. My parents won't allow me to be a normal kid like others. They always forbid me to do what others do. I felt like I'm in prison. I have no freedom. They always find a way to keep me away from people. And hurting people who are near me.

"You can do that now. You can live a normal life with us. And also, no one can stop you for being happy. Everyone deserves happiness" he said and smiled. He's really a pure hearted person. That's why I can't let them hurt you. I know time will come that they will make their first move. I'll try my best to protect him.

"Kunkun" I said as I've hugged him, at first he was kinda shocked but after how many seconds he hugged me back and laughed.

"I hope you'll believe in me. I hope you'll have faith in me. You should just listen to the words that I say and not from others" I said.

"Huh? W-what are you saying?" he asked.

"Promise me okay"

"O-okay! I promise" he said.

We broke the hug and smiled. I wanna be happy even if it's just this time. I wanna be who I am and not for who they wanted me to be. Just this time. I know it's just temporary that's why I'll treasure this moments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~