Chapter 1

All My Heart

Flashback

Mr. and Mrs. Jung are having their holiday in Korea. It has been a long time after they left Korea. They live in Los Angeles for about ten years already. They are expecting their first daughter. As they are walking together while reminiscing their old memories. After they walk along the street, Mrs. Jung already feels tired since she is already in her nine months of pregnancy. So, they sit at the bench at the playground near the street. “Darling, can you get my favourite ice cream for me. I am craving for that.” Mrs. Jung said to her husband. “Neh. But, I am worried about you.” Mr. Jung said worriedly. “Gwenchanna. I can take care of myself. I’ll be waiting here.” Mrs. Jung assured her husband. “Anything happens, just give me a call. Arasso, honey?” Mr. Jung said while patting his wife’s head before leaving his wife to buy the ice cream that his wife is craving for.

 

While Mrs. Jung waiting for her husband, one cute little boy walked toward her. He is smiling brightly. “Aunty, is there a baby inside this?” the boy asked Mrs. Jung while pointing at Mrs. Jung’s belly. “Neh. There is a baby inside this. What is your name little boy?” Mrs. Jung asked him. “My name is Lee DongHae. Three years old. The baby is a girl or boy? Can I touch?” DongHae said in his faulty pronunciation. “She is a girl. Come put you hand here. Say hi to DongHae oppa, dear.” Mrs. Jung said happily. She just met this little boy but she can feel the love already. “Baby, be a good girl neh. Oppa saranghae!” DongHae said while patting Mrs. Jung belly. Mrs. Jung already smiling looking at DongHae’s action. Suddenly, Mrs. Jung feels the pain on her belly. It is already the time. The water already break. “Aunty, are you in pain? There are water leaking. Wait! Aunty, I’ll get Omma and Appa.” DongHae said worriedly before running toward his parents.

 

“Omma! Appa! Come here. Let’s help Aunty.” DongHae shouted already crying while dragging his parents toward Mrs. Jung. “We need to go to the hospital immediately!” DongHae’s Appa said. “Can you find my phone in my bag?” Mrs. Jung asked. “Neh, neh. I’ll find it for you.” DongHae’s Omma said and searching for it in instant. She shoved the phone when she found it. In pain, Mrs. Jung called her husband. “Darling, come here now. The baby is about to be born. It is hurt.” She said weakly. “Arasso! Just a minute.” Mr. Jung said in hurry. He runs toward her wife. “Where is your car?” DongHae’s  Appa asked Mr. Jung. “Quite far from here.” Mr. Jung answered. “Kkaja. Jusr get into my car. We’ll drive you to the nearest hospital here.” Donghae’s Appa said while pacing toward his car. “Gwenchanna, aunty. Appa will save you and baby.” DongHae said while grabbing Mrs. Jung’s hands. But, he is crying badly. He keeps on holding to Mrs. Jung on the way to the hospital.

 

Mr. Jung POV

I can see that this little boy is really sincere. Did my wife know him? He is full of emotion for his age. His parents also. I do need to repay them one day. They save our life. this little boy looks so kind. I don’t know what will happen if they are not there to help us. I don’t know this hospital. The hospital that I know is about 30 minutes from here. If it is not because of them, we will not able to be on time. “What is you name little boy?” I asked him. I can see that his eyes are still teary. “My name is Lee DongHae. I am three years old. Omma and Appa said that Aunty will be okay. But, what the doctors done to aunty inside. They don’t let us to come in.” he said. This little boy is so cute. “The doctors are helping Aunty Jung to deliver the baby inside her. So, we can’t come in. later, if the baby is already out the doctors will let us see them.” I explained to him. “The baby will be out? So, I can see her? She must be pretty. I can’t wait to see her. Can I see her, uncle?” he asked me. “For sure, young boy.” I said and winked to him. He is so excited to tell his parents.

End of POV

 

After a few hours, Mrs. Jung already giving birth to a beautiful princess. Right after she opened her eyes, she can see her husband. “Gomawo, honey. Our princess is so beautiful. Let me put her by your side.” Mr. Jung said while putting their new born daughter beside his wife. Mrs. Jung kissed her daughter. After looking at her daughter’s face she remembered the little boy. “Darling, where is our saviour, Lee DongHae? I want to see him. He must be happy to see our princess.” Mrs. Jung asked. “So, he is our saviour? He looks so excited to see both of you.” Mr. Jung said before walking out to look for DongHae.

“Aunty! Are you okay now?” the first thing DongHae said after seeing Mrs. Jung. “Neh. I am okay. Come, have a look to our beautiful baby. You want to see her, right?” Mrs. Jung said. DongHae just nodded and smiling brightly. “Baby! You are so beautiful. Later, when you are big already we can play together.” DongHae said and kissed her.

 

“Thank you for saving our life. Can we consider you as our Korean family? Since, we don’t have any relative here. With you are helping us, we don’t really know how to repay your family. But, later if we are coming here we will pay your family a visit. We will never forget your good deed.” Mr. Jung said and hugs DongHae’s Appa. “Ani. It is our responsible to help people in need. Now, it is your time. We don’t know later will be our time. It is an honour that you considered us as your family. We feel ashamed to be treated this way by such a rich family. We are not on the same level as you.” DongHae’s Appa said.

 

End of Flashback.