First Date - Onew Oppa

SHINee One Shots Collection

Standing in front of your cousin, Soonkyu, you modeled the dress she had picked out for you to wear on your blind date. Soonkyu had been trying to set you up with a guy from the company she worked under, but with your work schedule, you barely had any time off, which was why she had jumped at your first day off in weeks. "You look so nice in dresses, (Y/N). I don't see why you don't wear them more often." 

 

Taking her words as a compliment, you turned to look in the mirror and cringed. You knew why you didn't let her dress you often. It was because she treated you like her very own Barbie doll and you hated it. This dress made you look sickly pale in your eyes, but you didn't have time to change.  Picking up your brush, you quickly passed it through your (h/l) (h/c) before growing tired of it and letting Soonkyu finish up her work.

 

When the knock on the door came, you could feel yourself growing more nervous each step you took toward your front door. Soonkyu smiles, reaching the door first, and opening it to reveal a very cute young man you knew to be Lee Jinki from the very popular band, SHINee, though most of his fans knew him as Onew. Your face heated up at the realization that you were going on a blind date with Onew. "Your late, Jinki-ah." She gave the timid looking young man a fierce glare as she ushered you outside. "Don't do anything rude or clumsy and don't embarrass her. Have fun." 

 

Before you could scold her for being so rude, Soonkyu shut the door with her still inside, leaving you both standing on the front porch like you had been slapped in the face. Turning to Jinki, you bowed apologetically. "Please forgive my cousin, Soonkyu Unni, Oppa. She's very,"

 

"Scary." You looked up at his nervous words and smiled. 

 

"Yes, scary." You both laughed before he hald out his arm for you to hold on to. 

 

"I hope it's ok, but I thought we could go to Lotte World." Your eyes widened in surprise as you felt yourself growing excited.

 

"Oppa, that sounds so fun." elipping your hand into the crook of his elbow, the two of you walked away from your home and into town. 

 

The walk to Lotte World was awkward and silent as neither of you were brave enough to start up a conversation. People called to him as you both walked down the busy side walk, his attention divided between trying to be polite with his SHINee image and trying to think of something to say to you. 

 

When you reached your destination, he lead you over the bridge, stopping to lean against the railing and pull out his phone. "Is it okay if we save this memory with a picture, (Y/N)?" Smiling at his sweet thought, you nodded your approval. Scooting closer to him, you slipped your head onto his shoulder as you both smiled into the camera. His thumb pressed the button, capturing the sweet moment before turning his gaze over to you. His stomach was in knots and his hands were beginning to sweat. 

 

"Let's go ride the Gyro Swing Oppa," you suggested, looking around the slightly busy fair grounds for your target ride. A smile spread over his face as he nodded, offering his arm once more before leading the way through the park. 

 

"If your feet get tired, let me know, (Y/N), and I'll carry you." he offered with a shy blush on his cheeks. Your stomach filled with butterflies at his kind gesture. It had been so long since you had been on a date, devoting most of your time to your job, but you mentally made a note to thank Soonkyu for setting you up with Jinki when you got home.

 

It only took half an hour before you two were brought up to the ride and able to sit side by side. You could feel the butterflies in your stomach erupting like a cyclone as the ride started up. You reached out, shyly, grasping his hand as you were violently swung side ways, your hair whipping in and out of your face. A sudden cry slipped from your lips as you squeezed his hand tighter, your stomach in knots from the ride.

 

Once you were safely on the ground again, you glanced at your hand still being held by Jinki, who was looking a little dizzy. Taking your bottom lip between your teeth, you followed him off to the side where he slouched down on an empty bench. You slipped beside him, your stomach finally settling down now that you weren't moving. "Are you alright, Oppa?" You asked, leaning over to see his face as he hung his head low. He looked as if he were going to be sick. "Let me get you some water," Jumping from your spot beside him, you rushed off toward the first booth you spotted.

 

Returning to the bench, you kneeled on the floor in front of him, holding the water under his face. He accepted the cool drink, taking a few sips before he lifted his head and met your eyes. "I'm sorry I'm such a loser." He mumbled looking embarrassed. His words made you feel sad, his depressed eyes showing his insecurities. 

 

"Your not a loser, Oppa. Why would you say that?" Reaching up, you moved his bangs from his eyes, searching his face wanting to know his sudden worries. 

 

"But I got sick from our first ride." Moving to sit beside him, you reached over and slipped your hand on his, closing your fingers around his much bigger hand. He looked over at you in shock.

 

"Big deal. A lot of people feel sick from that ride," You pointed at some others hunched over at the trash cans, hoping it would make him feel better. "And besides. You went on it and you haven't thrown up like the others. Your not green. Your still handsome." 

 

Feeling your face heat up at your confession, you turn your eyes down to your hands, fingers now intertwined. "Perhaps we could try something else?" Looking up, you caught a glimpse of his slightly parted lips, causing your mouth to feel dry. 

 

"We could?" The top of your tongue snakes out to moisten your lips as he drew closer still. Closing your eyes, you leaned forward just as he got closer, bringing your lips together in a soft, brief kiss. Looking at each other, both of you blushing like crazy, you moved hair behind your ear shyly. 

 

"Can I kiss you again, (Y/N)?" Heart pounding, you nodded, smiling like a goof ball before his lips captured yours once more. This time he caresses your face, his fingers moving through your hair as he deepens the kiss. The way he touched you made your body melt, his fingers leaving a trail of electricity in its wake. 

 

Yeah, you were definitely going to have to thank Soonkyu. This was already the best date you had ever been on.