Love at First Paw (OCxMinho)

SHINee One Shots Collection

Minho opened the door to the local pet shelter, stepping back to allow y/n to walk in before him. He chuckled as she practically ran inside, the eager look on her face bringing warmth into his heart. Together for a year, and she still gave him that warm and fuzzy feeling every time he looked at her.

 

“Slow down, jangi. The animals are not going anywhere.” Y/n turned around, her eyebrows furrowed and her full, pink colored lips pursed in annoyance.

 

“Don’t censor my joy, Minho Oppa! I've been waiting for this day all week.” He nodded, knowing what she meant as he recalled the giddiness she had been displaying ever since he brought up the topic of getting a pet to keep her company while he was away working. She had looked like a child awaiting Santa or their birthday.

 

Greeted by the male behind the counter, he and Minho discussed their business while y/n stood there as patiently as she could. All she wanted to do was go to the back and look at all of the animals in need of a loving home.

 

After what felt like an eternity, but in reality was only five minutes, the man lead Minho and y/n through a pair of double doors. They were instantly greeted by the happy barking of eager dogs, all trying to get their attention. Y/n looked around, her eyes searching the faces of the excited dogs; spying, to her delight, a few cats as well.

 

Taking her bottom lip between her teeth, she petted each one, trying to let her heart pick the lucky dog that would become a part of their family. Her eyes stopped on a beautiful fluffy black kitten with a white patch around its strikingly blue eyes. What caught her eyes and heart the most were the brightly twinkling orbs eyes that almost begged her to love it.

 

A hand touched her shoulder and y/n looked up at her boyfriend. “I can tell you've made your choice.” Turning to the man that had escorted them to the back, he smiled with a curt nod. “We'll take this one.”

 

Walking out of the shelter,y/n carried the small kitten in her arms, her fingers gently scratching behind her furry ears. Her body hummed against her chest as the small animal purred in content joy. Minho reached out and scratched the cute kitten under the chin as he chuckled. “I haven't seen you this happy since I brought you home roses.” Her cheeks lit up with blush as she tried to ignore his teasing.

 

“Minho-ah, your so mean.” She smirked playfully at him so he knew she was only picking. He smiled, still enjoying the the happy look on her face.

 

The rest of the day y/n and her kitten, which she had chosen to name c/n, never left one another's side. Minho wat had the two of them play, the way y/n seemed to glow as if she hadn't a care in the world. Yes, Minho was happy he was able to give her a companion for when he was away, yet deep down he was a little jealous of the affection she was showering her new kitten with instead of him.