Protector Taemin

SHINee One Shots Collection

Taemin walked into the bustling atmosphere of school, his eyes casted down as he tried to remember the materials he had studied with his Hyung, Jonghyun. They had spent all of their free time between rehearsals yesterday going over the materials so that he could perform well on his test. The only problem was that his studies were mixing with his dance practice and all he could think about at the moment were his moves in Lucifer. Without noticing, his arms and legs popped and locked in movement to the tune running through his mind.

Suddenly what sounded like a female's cry was heard along with a loud thud. Glancing up, Taemin watched as a girl fell to her knees, trying to gather her books almost as if she could hardly make out where they had fallen. Looking behind her he saw a group of three guys snickering as the one Taemin assumed was the ring leader held a pair of glasses in his hand.

Usually he didn't like to draw much attention to himself since he wanted to be liked for himself and not his status in SHINee, Taemin wouldn't cause a scene, but when you picked on a defenseless girl that was where he drew the line. Walking over to the scene already unfolding, the tall, slim male reached out and grabbed the glasses from the male's hand without breaking a sweat. He glared at the three as if they should all be ashamed of their actions, but that didn't seem to effect anything other than making them angry.

"Oh look. Another girl has come to her rescue," they teased, reaching out and shoving Taemin so that he stumbled and tripped over one of the fallen books. Catching himself before he fell, he reared back and swung as hard as he could, making contact with the ring leaders face.

Instantly pain rushed through his hand and wrist, but he got his point across. The three walked away without retaliation, and Taemin was left glaring after them in slight confusion. "Thank you, Taemin Oppa." The small voice of a girl caused him to turn bright red as he spun around to find his classmate Dami standing beside him holding her books in her arms.

"Are you okay, Dami?" he asked, opening her glasses and slipping them onto her pretty, oval face. When her eyes seemed to adjust, Taemin found himself feeling suddenly bashful.

"I'm alright, thanks to you, Oppa." He noticed how her cheeks had tinged pink as well before she moved up on her tip toes and kissed his cheek. The contact of her lips and his skin brought his heart to a hammering speed, before he snapped out of his shock.

"Can I walk you to class?" Dami nodded her head, making him feel rather happy and proud. He had always thought she was very pretty, but being shy like he was with girls, Taemin had never thought to act on his feelings. Bravely reaching out, he slipped his large hand into her petite one and the two made their way slowly to class.