Appa Jonghyun

SHINee One Shots Collection

Mina and Jisu walked up through the hallway to Jisu's bedroom. The five year old was dressed in her favorite baby blue pajamas. Her dark hair matched her father's, her eyes were his too. "Go pick out a book, Jisu. Umma will read to you." The small child shook her head, her small brow furrowed in disagreement. 

 

"Appa!" She stomped her tiny foot onto the floor of her room. Mina sighed. 

 

"Appa isn't home yet, aga. Can't I read to you tonight?" she asked, looking hopefully down at her beautiful little girl. Upon the sharp shake of her head, Mina pulled out her phone and sent a quick message to her husband. It didn't take long for her to receive a reply. "Appa will be home in a little while. Want me to hold you while we wait?" 

 

Jisu thought about it for a moment before agreeing and lifting her arms skyward to allow her mom to pick her up. Settling Jisu in her arms, Mina walked over to the small pink bed and sat down. She cradled the small girl in her arms and they waited in the quiet of the bedroom.

 

A few minutes later, the sound of the front door opening caught both of their attentions, and Jisu practically jumped from Mina's lap. "Appa! Appa!" She cried, racing down the hall leaving Mina to follow happily after her. 

 

"Jisu, my sweet pea." A smile spread across her lips as she watched Jonghyun scoop their daughter up into his arm, hugging and kissing her. "Are you ready for Appa to read you a story?" 

 

"Ne, I'll pick one out." Jonghyun set the beautiful little girl down and watched her run to her bedroom. Mina walked over to a tired looking Jonghyun, and wrapped her arms around his neck as he hugged her waist. 

 

"How was your day, jangiya?" she asked after placing a sweet kiss upon his lips. He smiled.

 

"Practice was hard today. Manager Hyung worked us until we got the routine down right." She smiled, watching the way his eyes lit up upon then return of their daughter. "Are you ready, yeobo?"

 

"Ne." Mina moved aside and watched the two walk down the hall to Jisu's room, disappearing behind the door frame. Mina walked over to the kitchen and began to fix Jonghyun something to eat. After working hard all day she wasn't surprised to find that he hadn't eaten since lunch that morning. She pulled out some noodles as well as some chicken and seasonings before going about her usual routine.

 

As she finished up with the food, arms encircled her waist and a familiar hard body rested against her back. A smile spread across her face as his familiar scent filled her nose. "Something smells good, jangiya." His voice by her ear brought a shiver down her spine. 

 

"I hope it tastes good." she responded, turning off the fire and moving around his arms until she was facing him. "Why don't you go sit at the table and I'll fix you a plate." He kissed her lips softly before letting her go and moving to the table. Mina smiled, moving about until she had grabbed a plate and filled it with food before bringing it to him. He smiled appreciatively, picking up his fork and scooping a big bite into his mouth. His hum of appreciation made her stomach quiver with delight. He always made her feel so loved and appreciated with everything she did. "Saranghae, Jangiya." she cooed, watching him enjoy his food.

 

"Nado neoleul salanghae."