Chapter 11

Regrets and Wishes

(Krystal's POV)

"I love you, Soojung-ah"

My heart stopped for a second hearing those words leave your mouth, as your eyes closed in sleep. Maybe my ears were playing tricks on me. But I knew they weren't.

"I love you too"

I say it, even though I know you're already asleep. It's the first time we have confessed and I wish it wasn't here, like this, in a hospital room with you lying injured in front of me. Why do you have to overwork yourself, Jongin? Why do you have to push yourself till the edge? I admire you, I admire you so much for your sense of responsibility and diligent personality but I wish you would sometimes take a minute to breathe. It's okay. Because even though the perfection you are says against it, you're still a human.

You look pale, and tired, and I wish I could take even a little bit of the pain you are feeling away. I would gladly take your place on this bed, if it meant I could see you up on stage, doing what you love the most.

I remember that time during dance rehearsal class when I was completely out of it and was making mistake after mistake and the instructor was losing his patience. You had made a mistake on purpose and the instructors had vented all his wrath on you. That's when it all started, I guess, for me.

Your love has given me so much courage Jongin, so much strength and I wish I could return even a little bit of it back to you.

I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------