Chapter 10

Regrets and Wishes

"Do you ever think about quitting?"

You had asked me as we had sat on the hood of my car, Han River flowing in front of us. We were seeing each other after 2 whole months, and it was natural for exhaustion to take over the senses, leading to such thoughts.

"I do. But then I think about the joy being on stage brings me. There is nothing else like it. How can I quit after working so hard to achieve this dream?"

You were quiet, thinking over my words for a few seconds. Then you looked up at the night sky, and your face lit up.

"So bright they are" You had said, smiling.

Though Soojung, I could have sworn that the stars I saw in your eyes were brighter. But I didn't say that and simply kept gazing at you, smiling. It's still a wonder to me how simply looking at you drained away all my exhaustion.

You caught me staring and turned to me in question.

And I answered by leaning in to kiss you. Our first kiss. I don't even know from where I had gotten the courage to do so, but I had.

And that night, I had dreamt about you in a white dress, walking down the aisle with me.

........................................................................................

 

A/N: Of all the chapters I have written up till now, this one is the closest to my heart. I was kind of satisfied with what I wrote here (which I'm often not), not that I have good skills in writing, but oh well. I hope you people liked it too.

Thankyou for subscribing and reading. May God bless you all.