Chapter 8

Only U

 

8 Years Later

 

“Oppa! Would you like to try my cookies? I made this specially for you.” a girl named Joo who is a first year student in Paran High School said and give a box of cookies to EeTeuk. EeTeuk always feels uncomfortable whenever this kind of situation happens. He is unsure of what action should he takes. He don’t want to hurt their feeling and at the same time, he don’t want them to put any kind of hope on him. It is not that he don’t know that all the girls who came to him were hitting on him just like this girl in front of him right now. Even, his dongsaengs EunHyuk and DongHae already tired with this drama. It has been years seeing this kind of situation. They had seen this from the first year they are in Paran High School until now, the last year of high school for their hyung. They know already what is in their beloved hyung’s heart that their hyung always tried to keep as secret.

 

“Hmm, I will take this. But, please don’t troubled yourself for me. Let’s this be the last time. Get yourself more time instead of wasting your precious time for someone like me.” EeTeuk said in his soft voice, trying hard not to hurt the girl. Joo just nodded. “Okay, I got it oppa. So, I think it is true that the most famous guy in this school do rejects girl in the softest way for real. Do you really have someone that fulfilling your entire heart? That girl must be so lucky. Gomawo oppa for appreciating my hard work last night making this cookies.” Joo said. “Mianhe. Jeongmal mianhe. I hope that you will find someone who can loves you by all his heart.” EeTeuk said. Joo just give a bitter smile and left.

 

EeTeuk paced toward his dongsaengs who are waiting for him. They walk home together. They are just walk in silence. EunHyuk has something to ask but looking at his hyung who is thinking on something he just keep silent. “Hyungs, I need to go now. Jessica is waiting for me today.” DongHae said. They are just nodded. They knew already that DongHae will accompanies his Ice Princess on Wednesday and Friday who is studying at the other high school near their school.

 

Flashback

JungSoo's House

 

"Taengoo-yah. Do you know what we will do for today?" JungSoo's omma asked Taengoo. Taengoo just nodded. "Cookies and Chocolate!" Taengoo said excitedly. "Good girl! So, if you have someone special in your mind that you love so much, you can give them as a present after this." JungSoo's omma said. "Do you have someone in your mind?" she asked. "Neh!" Taengoo answered with confident. "Taeng, let oppa tie your hair first." JungSoo said before grabbing Taeng to sit near him. He made a bun with Taeng's hair. After JungSoo's omma mixed butter, sugar and egg well, she asked Taeng to help her pours the powder. Some of the powder left on her cheeks and forehead. But, she is so excited about the cookies she will make she don't even realised. "Okay, now it is the time for us to shape the cookies. We just make it like a ball like this not so small and not so big. Put them on a line and make sure they has space because they will melt and extend when they are cooked. JungSoo-yah, help her to shape the batter." JungSoo's omma ordered him. "Make it bigger and arrange this in line. Can you do it?" JungSoo asked. "Neh, oopa. Like this?" Taeng asked. "Good job! That's my little Taegoo." JungSoo said proudly. "Oppa, can I shape it into a mini heart cookies?" Taeng whispers to JungSoo. "Taeng wait here first. Oppa will find you mini heart mould." JungSoo said. Taeng really put her efforts on her mini heart cookies.

 

"So, omma will put this in the oven. Now let's play with some chocolate." JungSoo's omma said. Taeng is already clapping her hands. "We will melt the chocolate using double boil method. Under this bowl, omma put boiled water. So, be careful! Can you stir this for omma, dear?" JungSoo's omma asked Taeng. She try her best to stir it. There are some chocolate smeared on her face. "Can you do it, Taeng?" JungSoo asked. "Neh, oppa." Taeng said. "Now, here is some moulds for you to choose freely." JungSoo's omma said. Taeng takes the love shaped moulds and working on her chocolate. "Okay! Our cookies is done and also our chocolate is ready now." JungSoo's omma said. "Let's put this in this boxes. You can prepare one for your omma, one for your appa and maybe one for Yoong." JungSoo omma said. Taeng nodded and took the boxes. She puts the cookies and chocolate in the boxes carefully. "You wrap this so nice, Taeng. Omma so proud of you. So, the leftover we will save for Hyukkie and Hae. They love cookies and chocolate." JungSoo's omma said and kept it somewhere. After cleaning the kitchen, JungSoo's omma left them. "Whoa! Oppa so proud of you my little Taengoo. You are just seven and you can make all this." JungSoo said and clapped his hands. 

 

"Oppa! This is for you." Taengoo said handing him the box. "For me? You made this for me?" he asked. Taeng just nodded happily. "Taeng so happy that Taeng can make something for oppa." Taeng said. "Gomawo! But, let oppa wipe your face first. You have all the powder and chocolate on your face." JungSoo said and wiped the stain from her face. "Oppa must finish this and remember that Taeng made this specially for oppa. Later, when I grow up and can make this by myself. I promise you to make one for you." Taeng said. "I'll wait for it. And don't make me wait too long." JungSoo said and patted her head. Taeng is smiling ears to ears. JungSoo then walks her home with a few plastic bags with the cookies for her family. 

 

End of Flashback

 

What they didn’t know is that their hangout would be one of their last memories. The memories that EeTeuk live in. The memories of a person that EeTeuk longs for. He never talks to anyone. He keeps it himself. He don’t wants his dongsaengs to be worried about him. But, as for dongsaengs like EunHyuk and DongHae they knew exactly what their hyung feels. “Hyung? Are you okay? Are you thinking about her?” EunHyuk asked in worries. EeTeuk had been zone out for a moment. EeTeuk who is startled by EunHyuk’s call just gave him a smile. “Nothing! Kkaja!” EeTeuk said and walks away.

 

“Teuk hyung, we knew it already. Please don’t keep it to yourself. Jebal. We long for your high pitch laugh. We pray that one fine day, you will meet Taeng and be happy again.” EunHyuk said in his heart. He just runs to catch up his hyung who is already quite far away from him. “Hyung!” EunHyuk shouted and clings on EeTeuk’s shoulder. “I am hungry! Let’s eat first. Hae will not take my food today.” EunHyuk said. “Kkaja!” EeTeuk said.

 

A/N

I've seen somewhere in Youtube, maybe in U era looking at their outfit. How casual Teuk oppa can be when he touched KiBum oppa's . I really can't take that. Both my ultimate bias doing something quite unproper. But, that's why they are Super Junior. They are too closed with each other to feel ashamed to show their closeness in public. Tha's one of the reason why I love Suju oppa. I really envy their bond. Scrolling Suju's videos over and over again really made my day. Enough talk! Thank you for reading ad subscribing. Gomawo!