Chapter 3

Only U

3 Years Later

JungSoo and HeeChul are having a quiz. They are struggling to get a better result than each other. “Now, I will reveal the top two in this batch for this Science quiz. Not only in this classroom, but in this batch. The differences are only four marks. The first one got 100% and the second one got 96%.” the teacher said. All if the students already know that the only students left are the two best friend, Park JungSoo and Kim HeeChul. “Chullie. If I got 100%, would you grant my request?” JungSoo whispers to HeeChul. “What?” HeeChul whispers back. “Hmm. Let me take Taeng from kindergarten today and bring her somewhere before I send her back.” JungSoo whispers. “Call! I know you are dying for the chance. If I am the one who got 100%, my only request is just for you to stop singing the Trot song. It makes me sick to listen to both of you and Taeng singing it again and again.” HeeChul whispers. They are so nervous waiting for the result.

 

“I’ll called the second one first. So, the one person left is the first rank in this batch. The one who got 96% for Science quiz is…. Kim HeeChul! Congratulation to both of Kim HeeChul and the first one Park JungSoo.” the teacher said. JungSoo is already pumping his fist. He winked to his best friend. He is so happy thay he can have bonding time with his lovable dongsaeng.

 

Taeng's Kindergarten

 

Taeng is waiting for her oppa to fetch her. Her oppa will always take her first and they walked home together. There are sometimes, out of her expectation that her JungSoo oppa is the one who fetch her. But, when JungSoo fetching her they will always going somewhere before JungSoo walked her home. Just like her lucky days, she can see JungSoo pacing toward her.

 

“Why are you smiling, Taengoo? HeeChul oppa is not here.” JungSoo asked just to . “Because my ‘Special’ oppa is here to bring me somewhere.” Taeng said happily. She is already clinging to his arm. “Where do you want to go now, Taeng?” JungSoo asked her. “Can we eat ice cream? It is so hot and I am craving for that.” Taeng pleads him. JungSoo just gave her his angelic dimple smile that showed his small cute dimple at the left side of his cheek. “Anything for you, my dear Taengoo.” JungSoo said. They walked hand in hand to the ice cream shop.

 

As JungSoo already know Taeng’s favourite, he just ordered one strawberry ice cream and one vanilla ice cream. Taeng takes her ice cream and paces to the table near the window. They eat the ice cream happily. As Taeng is so happy and excited, she sings her favourite Trot song. Actually, it is their favourite Trot song. They sing happily while JungSoo feeding her with his vanilla ice cream. “Aigoo~ This little Taengoo is such a messy eater. Let oppa clean it for you.” JungSoo said teasingly while wiping the ice cream stains on her lips and it.

 

They are then walking through the street market. JungSoo is such a duck lover. So, as he see the duck bag that are selling there he is just so attracted. So he take one of the duck bag. “Taengoo-yah. Can you pout a bit?” JungSoo asked Taeng. “Pout?” Taeng asked in confusion. But, she is still showing her pout to her beloved oppa. “Same! Ahjusshi, I’ll take this two.” JungSoo said while giving two similar duck bag to the seller. He is so excited. “Here. One for my Taengoo, one for Oppa. Please keep this forever, arasso?” JungSoo said. Taeng is so happy every time JungSoo give her presents.

 

“Taengoo-yah. Do you want to eat first before oppa send you home?” JungSoo asked Taeng. “Oppa. Actually, I’ve been watching western food in television. I wonder how steak would taste. Have oppa taste it? Is it delicious?” Taeng asked JungSoo. After a moment of thinking, JungSoo holds Taeng’s hand and dragged her somewhere. Taeng had been wondering where would JungSoo bring her. Finally, they are in front of JungSoo’s house. “Oppa want to bring Taengoo to the western restaurant. But, the best steak that oppa already taste is made by our maid.” JungSoo explained looking at how confuse Taeng’s expression is.

 

“Noona. Can you cook the steak that you always serve us. For Taeng and me.” JungSoo asked the maid. “Anything for you, Young Master and Young Miss.” the maid said before pacing to the kitchen. They are in the living room playing lego. “Oppa. Why did she calls me young miss. I think I’ve only heard that in drama and the girl is so rich. I am not rich at all.” Taeng asked him. “It is me who asked noona to call you Young Miss. Because you will be the Young Miss here.” JungSoo said. Taeng who is still young didn’t understand what JungSoo are trying to say.

 

“Oppa! This is the most beautiful playground I’ve ever seen.” Taeng said excitedly while clapping her hands. “Taengoo-yah. What do you think should Oppa work in the future?” JungSoo asked her. “Hmm. I’ve seen in the movie, someone build many building. Even, Chullie oppa said he wants to be an engineer. Chullie oppa always draws house, building. I think oppa also good in making things using lego.” Taeng said. “Young Master, Young Miss. Your lunch is ready.” the maid called them. “How is it, Taeng?” JungSoo asked while staring at Taeng to find her expression. “Hmm. Maa! It must be expensive outside, right Oppa?” Taeng asked. “Just come here to eat if you want to.” JungSoo said. “Ani. Omma said that I can’t take advantage on my friend or oppa. It is not good. We must be friend because we love our friend. Not because of their money.” Taeng said remembering what her Omma said. JungSoo is so impressed with her. She is still a kid but she can really think about this matter. “It is not considered as taking advantage on Oppa if I am the one who invited you or giving you.” JungSoo said. “Hee. Don’t pampered me so much. Omma and Chullie oppa always said that Oppa love to pamper me too much.” Taeng said shyly. “I’ve done that because I love to.” JungSoo said also shyly.

 

After they had their lunch, JungSoo sends Taeng home. They are walking hand in hand to Taeng’s house. “Oppa! Gomawo for being my ‘Special’ oppa who always make me happy. Gomawo for everything today. The ice cream, this duck bag, the steak, everything.” Taeng said while they are walking together. “Anything for you, my little Taengoo.” JungSoo said. Before Taeng walk in to her house, JungSoo gave her a peck on her forehead. Taeng is already blushing. She is smiling before running away to her house covering her face. HeeChul just looking to his yeodongsaeng with a weird expression. “Why is she acting that way?” HeeChul asked while scratching his head in confusion. After he is looking at the blushing JungSoo, he can detect what is actually happened. “Don’t say that you kiss her?” HeeChul asked while staring right into JungSoo’s eyes. “Gomawo, chingu!” JungSoo said and give him a peck on his cheek before running away. “Yaa!!” HeeChul shouted to him. He just shaking his head.