Chapter 7

Only U

China

 

JungSoo POV

 

It is only three days and I already missing them especially my little Taengoo. Be patient, JungSoo. Just a few more days and you’ll be back to Korea. I said to myself. Today, Appa will brings us to his best friend’s house. Appa’s best friend is the one who handles our branch here. Since, our company are connected our staffs can speak and communicate in three languages which are Korean, English and Mandarin. Even this is the first time we’ve been here, uncle and aunty are so friendly. They treated me like their own son.

 

I got three new friends here. Their son name is Hangeng. He is one year younger than me. The other two are actually his cousins but uncle and aunty taking care of them since their parents already passed away. Their name is ZhouMi and Henry. ZhouMi is seven years old while Henry five years old. Even, this is the first time we met and we have language barrier but still we get along very well. I think I already love them like I love my other dongsaengs.

 

On the next day, Appa brought us for shopping. After wandering around the mall, Omma entering a jade and jewellery shop. I wander around the shop until I see a beautiful couple bracelet. “Do you want it, JungSoo? The shape on the jade is Yin and Yang. They are only half for each bracelet because both need each other to be complete. We can buy the bigger one so that you will be able to wear it until you grow up.” Omma explained to me. “Neh. I want. I want to give it to her.” I said and muttering the last sentence. “So, do you want to keep it or do you want Omma to keep it until you got me my daughter-in-law?” Omma asked me teasingly. “Ani. I’ll keep it by myself. You know to whom I want to give this. There is no other person. When I grow up, I want to get married with her. Can I, Omma?” I asked. “Sure you can. Taeng is such a good girl and Omma love her so much.” Omma said. I  smiling brightly.

End of POV.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

Taeng’s POV

 

It has been five days without Oppa. I am so bored. Everyday I keep on staring on Oppa’s house miniature and keep on talking to Oppa’s miniature. But, oppa will be back the day after tomorrow. I need to be patient a little bit more. Oppa promised to come back in no time. And all I need to do is just to wait for him. I really can’t help myself to think about Oppa whenever I see our duck bag and our necklace. I look at our picture together that DongHae oppa captures for us. We are always look so happy and look like we are in our own little world. Oppa, come back now. I don’t realise when did I’ve been driven to dreamland.

 

I can see a silhouette of a man in a shine. But, I can’t see his face. He is inviting me into his warm hug. “Taengoo-yah~” he shouted in his soft voice. I run into his warm hug. I am also a growing up woman. I can’t see his face but I know this feeling. The feeling I felt whenever I am with JungSoo oppa. The ‘Special’ feeling. The feeling of being showered with love, being protected and the warm that only him can provide. “Finally, oppa found you. Never leave me again. I miss you.” he said. He patted my head and kiss my forehead. The warm of the kiss lingered on my forehead.


 

Next Day (Still Taeng POV)

 

I wake up with a bright smile. I am sure that he is JungSoo oppa. But, why did he say I am the one who leave him? He left me for a week. I touch my forehead and I can’t help myself from smiling. I can’t wait for tomorrow to see oppa again. I can see Omma is in my room. She is packing up my clothes and stuffs. “Uri Taeng is awake? Today, we will go somewhere. Maybe for a long time.” Omma said. I can see all my stuffs already in the boxes except for the house miniature that JungSoo oppa gave me. “Will we go there today? Can’t we go there tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?” I asked. I need to wait for oppa. I’ve promised him. He will be sad if he can not find me tomorrow when he arrived. “Mianhe, Taeng. We can’t. We need to go today.” Omma said.

 

I walked out to find Chullie oppa. “Oppa! Will we leave this house forever?” I asked. “I think we will leave it forever. We will be moving out by today.” Chullie oppa said while patting my head. Oppa must be knowing my feeling. I run to my room again. “Omma! Can we bring this also? Jebal!” I asked Omma pointing to the house miniature. Omma sighed. “Anything for you, Taeng.” Omma said. I take out a piece of paper and a pencil. I wrote something there as I realised what actually going on now. I know that I might not be able to meet JungSoo oppa anymore after this.

 

Next Day

 

JungSoo POV

 

Finally, we arrived at our home. I took out the bracelet that I’ve bought. “Where are you going, JungSoo-yah?” Omma asked me. “I want to give this to Taeng.” I shouted before running to Taeng’s house. When I arrived, I am still panting but smiling. The house look so quiet. Seems like nobody home. No one answering my call. So, I’ve decided to find my dongsaengs and ask them. Before I leave, I can see a piece of paper under a bottle. It do attracts my sight. So, I take it.

“For my ‘Special’ Oppa” was wrote there. I opened the paper. “Oppa, Taeng mianhe. Taeng broke the promise that Taeng will wait for you to return. I don’t know where Omma and Appa will bring us. But, Chullie oppa said that we might not be able to come here again. Taeng miss oppa so much. I hope we will meet again. Oppa will forever be Taeng’s ‘Special’ oppa. Yeongwonhi, Only U.” I read the letter. I am crying hard. I grab both of the letter and the bracelet. “Oppa will find you no matter what, Taeng. Only U will be the one and only for Oppa.” I said making a promise to myself.

End of POV.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

Taeng’s New House

 

“I hope that you will feel comfortable to work here. I’ll show you your rooms at the back. So, you’ll need three rooms right?” Mrs. Byun said while walking to the rooms that she mentioned. Three small rooms located near the kitchen in the big house. Taeng’s family just follow Mrs. Byun. Mrs. Byun has a son and an adopted daughter. They also keeps on following Mrs. Byun. Taeng’s Appa will work as Byun family’s driver and Taeng’s Omma will work as Byun family’s maid.

 

“Mom. What is cute noona’s name?” the little boy asked Mrs. Byun. “Yeah! Little girl, can aunty know your name?” Mrs. Byun asked Taeng. “Hmm. My name is Kim TaeYeon.” Taeng said introducing herself. “My name is Kim HeeChul. I am 10 years old and my dongsaeng is 7 years old.” HeeChul said introducing themselves. “Here is Byun BaekHyun and Jo BoAh. They are 5 years old and 6 years old.” Mrs. Byun introducing her children. BaekHyun keeps staring at Taeng. He already like her so much. “Mom! Can I marry TaeYeon noona?” BaekHyun asked his mom. Everyone are shocked with his question. “Would you like to play with hyung?” HeeChul asked BaekHyun to distract him from asking anymore weird questions to Taeng.

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

Author’s POV

 

Starting from that day, JungSoo started to change his name to EeTeuk which means ‘Special’ as the name makes him remember his first love. Starting from that day, no one ever called Taeng by the name ‘Taengoo’ anymore. Only her family called her ‘Taeng’. She keeps on using her real name ‘TaeYeon’. EeTeuk studied really hard to achieve his dream on being an engineer and he promised himself to find his ‘Taengoo’ when he grow up.