Chapter 13 (Special LA)

Only U

 

Los Angeles (21 August)

 

TaeYeon POV

 

BaekHyun asked me to go out with them. But, instead of joining him to play some games which I am not really that good better I just go somewhere that I am used to go before and let BoAh has some chance to be with him. I am not really sure and BoAh never said it. But, I can feel that BaekHyun is the one she talked about before. Not only that, I am busy for some job hunting. I’ve been using my time scrolling over my phone if there are any job notifications online. 

 

I’ve promised BaekHyun and BoAh to treat them lunch later as I can’t join them right now. I think I should go to the playground that I usually go before. I love to see the children playing there. I miss the cute kids there. It’s good if they remember me. Yah! Can I just laying here on the soft bed. I’ve been scrolling over my phone for job hunting since early morning. So, let me sleep some more. I am so sleepy right now.

 

End of POV.

 

EeTeuk POV

 

We are having our meeting since early in the morning. My head hurts since we’ve been using it for brainstorming like a lot. Not for one or two issues but for tonnes of issues. Finally, we already ended our meeting. We can rest for now. “Before we are leaving, I want to know about the progress of my assistant going?” I asked EunHyuk and DongHae. “We already posted it online. And there are quite a few applicants already gave us their resume. So, when hyung is free to hold the interview session?” EunHyuk said. “Good. Let me see. I am good for next three weeks.” I said deciding it. “So, we will close the application in two weeks. Then, we will have time to screen and filter them for hyung.” DongHae said. I just nodded. 

 

“Have you asked them if they can join us after this?” I asked. “Most of them can make it. Just, Kyu is enjoying his date with his SeoBaby too much. But, he’ll make it for sure.” EunHyuk told me. “Just tell the girls to come together. The more the merrier. Just tell everyone to come. Yoong, SooYoungie, Hyo, Masi, YuRi, Sica, SeoHyun, Kyu, Key. Just call them all. My treat.” I said. I love to be with them. Before, it was only us. But for now, as they are already with someone there are girls joining us. So, the girls already like my own yeodongsaeng as they are together with my namdongsaeng. Even, I keep on aging and lonely. I might be dying alone if I not meet her. Pabo! 

 

After waiting for them for about an hour, only our maknae SeoKyu are not here yet. I can see the weirdest married couple HaeSica, arguing but sometimes being hanky-panky. Seriously, I don’t really understand them. Sometimes, the seems so lovely. But, sometimes the are fighting like kids. I can see that Sica is still feeling insecure with Yoona and even Hyukkie. Even if she is already Hae’s beloved wife. And DongHae being DongHae, he looks so happy smiling whenever he is together with Sica. No matter how nonsense Sica can be, he do bears it well as he do loves Sica with all his heart. YulWon couple is quite dangerous sometimes. Uri SiWon might be bonded tightly with his Bible. But, he can totally forgot everything when he is with his YuRi. They are on another level of hanky-panky that sometimes we are afraid to watch. But, good that YuRi looks so tough to handle SiWon’s habit with girls. Honestly, SiWon already stopped seeing girls as he got the goddess YuRi. But, sometimes Tiffany will still bothering SiWon and YuRi is so calm about that. Even, YuRi is not from a rich family I know she can compliments whatever SiWon is lacking. From what I see, YuRi shouldn’t leave SiWon as Choi SiWon can’t really lives well without Kwon YuRi. Uri SooHyoHyuk. I don’t know when uri Hyukkie will really knows his heart. And when will he be really confident on his next steps. SooYoungie is his first love. The love to fight and letting SooYoungie to win is some kind of satisfaction for him. But, with HyoYeon he looks really happy as they matched really well. The rarely fight. I only hope that my dongsaeng Hyukkie will be the lucky one when he is confirmed with his own heart one fine day. As for Yoona, I know that deep inside her heart ‘YoonBum’ is still a special thing for her. She is strong to face all this thing. I know her feeling. I can understand her well because our loved one left us without a trace. We can’t help ourselves from holding on to the memories. As I love both Yoona and KiBum, I really hope that one fine day Yoona will still holding to the same answer if KiBum propose her. I do

 

“Oppa! You’ve been dragging me all day. You don’t even let me to contact Key. I only have him as my friend here.” SeoHyun said as she is being dragged by uri evil maknae Kyu. “We are all here, Seo.” I said. I can see SeoHyun is already smiling as she realised that we are here. She paces to me and hugged me tightly. “Ya! Ya! You are suffocating me!” I said. She then paces to Key who is talking some business with Yoona. She is about to hug Key when Kyu pulls her toward him in a blink of eye. “SeoBaby, who says you can go to him? Don’t forget that you are here as my ‘date’. Not him. Just me & U. In fact, don’t you see uri beloved dongsaeng is so busy talking with Yoona right now. Don’t bother him.” KyuHyun said and dragged her to sit with him. Uri maknae SeoKyu is always like that. They love to fight. But, I know that uri evil maknae KyuHyun is secretly in love with uri angel maknae SeoHyun. Even, Kyu loves to pick on us and also SeoHyun I knew that I can entrust SeoHyun on his care. Maybe, it is just too early for them to have any kind of relationship. How I know all their story? Because I'm their beloved hyung. They told me everything. Yeah! Even they always leave me unanswered in our groupchat. I doubt tehy have another groupchat without me. Molla! But, they will get from me if they really have that groupchat without me. Heol~ If only my little Taengoo is her. Because right now, I am really sure that there in my heart it is still Only U there.

 

“Hyung, I need to go somewhere. If I don’t go, I might be regretting this forever. Sorry!” Key said suddenly. He left to somewhere. “Oppa! I’ve only see Key is like that when he is courting Amber, the Taiwanese Tomboy when we are in high school. Is that possible that he finally met her before.” SeoHyun said to me. I just shrugged. “Then, I’ll follow Key. I haven’t see Amber for a long time.” SeoHyun said ready to follow them. “Ya! Ya! Where do you think you are going? You can’t see Key already. How can you pick up with him? Now, take some food for me.” KyuHyun said. He is covering his laugh seeing SeoHyun stomping in anger. “What are you doing to my yeodongsaeng?” I asked. “Ya! I am your dongsaeng. Not her. And she lost our bet. So, that’s what she got.” KyuHyun said. I hit his head lightly. “Don’t be too much. If she comes complaining to me, you know that you will get from me.” I warned him. "Ara hyung, ara.” he said giving up.

 

As Key left, Yoona comes to me and we had some heart to heart talk. “Enough with me, oppa. What about you? Is your heart still with Taeng unnie or do you have someone else. It has been years, oppa. Ways earlier than me.” Yoona asked me. “Guess that, I am not as lucky as that person to have someone to court her.” I said teasingly. Yoona hits me lightly. “I said it already. I might be trying to open my heart for SeungGi oppa. Not that I will surely open my heart.” Yoona said rolling her eyes. “Arasso, arasso. Okay. There is this girl that Omma keeps on trying to match me with. But, it is just that I don’t see her as more than just friend. Deep down inside my heart, I have a feeling that I will find Taeng. And I will find her with all my best. That’s my promise to myself each and everyday.” I said. “I also hope for the same. She was already like my unnie.” Yoona said. I know how close they are back then. “I can’t guarantee the future. But, for now I am 100% sure that here is only her here in my heart.” I said. 

 

End of POV.

 

Playground

 

TaeYeon POV

 

I sit at the bench watching the kids playing together. There are some kids that I am familiar. Just the fact that they are growing up. “Sister, you are here? I never see you for a long time already.” the girl said to me. Some of her friends also come to me. “Yes, I am here. I just miss you so much that I come here again to see you all. Let me guess. You are Rose. You are Lisa. And this cute little boy is Samuel, right?” I guessed. “Wow! You got us all right, sis.” Samuel said. As I am talking to them, I heard a loud cry. There is a little boy fell and cried. I run toward him to see his bleeding knee. “Can you stand up?” I asked. He shakes his head. “Jump on me.” I said offering to piggyback him. He jumps on me and I make him sits on the bench. “Lisa, Rose and Samuel. Can you all wait for your friend here. I am going to buy some medicine for your friend. You are all big enough for me to trust, right?” I said. “Yes, sis!” Lisa said.

 

I left them to buy some medicine at the nearest pharmacy. I run to them as soon as I paid the medicine. He is not crying anymore. But, still sobbing. I kneel in front of him taking out the medicine. “What is your name, handsome boy?” I asked. “Joshua.” he answered me. “Nice name. My name is TaeYeon. You can call me Sis TaeTae.” I said as I am cleaning his wound. He just nodded. “Do you like Superman?” I asked to divert his attention. “I like Superman. He is so strong that he can fight the bad peoples.” he said getting interested. “Do you know that Superman is The Last Man Standing? Even, how much the bad peoples trying to hurt him and trying to make him fall down. But, he is as strong as weed. And he is always try to fight back and stand still like a flower that has everlasting scent. So, the Superman is not actually strong as we see. But, he also in pain just like us. But, he can endure the pain and fight. Until he can smiles proudly as he faced all the hardships bad peoples gave him.” I said. “Superman is that great, sis?” he asked. “Yes, Joshua. Just like you. Even, you are in pain. You can endure it and still smiling. See! It is all done, dear. So, I have a gift for you as you are as strong as Superman.” I said and took out a lollipop from my handbag. “Thank you sis!” he said hugging me. Suddenly, I got a goosebump. Why is like there are someone staring at me?

        

End of POV.

 

EeTeuk POV

 

As most of my dongsaeng have their own plans after our reunion before, or I can say they are just having their dates with their respective date. So, I think that I should go somewhere too to ease my mind and my lonely heart I guess. I bought a cup of Ice Chocolate from the cafe and just wander around here. As I see a playground full of children playing there, I just sit on a bench and watched them. They look so happy. I am enjoying my time watching them playing together when I heard a cry. I am just about to go to the crying boy when a cute woman runs toward him and piggyback him. Even from afar, I can see her worried expression. I don’t think that she is their sister. She looks like Asian rather than local. I see her running somewhere. Maybe she is looking for the nearest pharmacy. So, I walked toward the boy. I patted his head. “Big boy don’t cry. We must be as strong as Superman. Do you like Superman?” I asked him. He nodded and stopped crying. “Then, be like one.” I said wiping his tears. I still can see he is sobbing before returning to my previous spot. I quickly open up my newspaper as she came back. I secretly peeked on her as she is treating that boy.

 

I walked away to a toy shop. I’ve been using my duck keychain for years now. So, I might be looking for a new one. Not that I don’t want it anymore. In fact, I love it so much as it is really meaningful for me. It is also has my name stitched on in. As I looking over all the toy keychain, I can’t help myself from attracted to duck also. Quite similar but with some difference here and there. I walked out from the toy shop to see a crying girl across the street.

 

End of POV.

 

TaeYeon POV

 

As I am finished treating Joshua, I left them and just wander around here. BoAh called me before to tell me that they might be late. As I wander around, I see a woman and a boy about 11 years old like looking for something or maybe someone. I can see that they look like Asian. “Are you looking for something or someone? May I help you?” I asked hoping that she understands English. “We are looking for my niece, Tzuyu. Here is her picture. She wore white gown with small wing behind her.” the woman said showing me the girl’s picture with the boy standing in front of me. “Okay. My name is TaeYeon. I’ll help you to find her. Tzuyu right?” I said. They nodded. “Come LuHan. We’ll find her in this area.” she said. “And I’ll be looking here.” I said pointing to the opposite side. After looking for about 15 minutes, I found a girl wearing white gown with small wing. She is crying and scared. I paced toward her and hold her. “Tzuyu?” I asked. She just nodded and crying. But, she looks more relax. “I am Sis TaeTae.” I said. “Do you know what in my bag?” I said and showed her my handbag. Is hake it in front of her making it to sound. “Let me see. Wow! Lollipop! Do you want this?” I asked. She nodded and stop crying as I handed her the lollipop. “Tzuyu!” someone called her. “LuHan gege. Tzuyu is afraid.” Tzuyu said already hugging LuHan. “No worry. You are here with me. I’ve promised that I will always find you. Here, hold my hand and never let go anymore.” LuHan said. Actually, I’ve learned basic Mandarin to understand their conversation. I feel warm inside to see them. Like I’ve been feeling the same feeling before. “Thank you miss. I don’t know how to repay you. They are always like that. Even they are cousin but LuHan loves her so much. He keeps on saying that he will marry her one day.” their mom said to me. I am smiling.

 

I look at my watch. I think that I need to go to the restaurant and wait for them already. So, I just walk to the restaurant. In about 30 minutes, both BoAh and BaekHyun arrived. We ordered quite a lot of food and chattering. They looks like they had so much fun. I just listening to their stories. In my eyes, they looks perfect together. How BoAh really compliments him. BoAh is willing to fulfil whatever BaekHyun’s requested. But, I don’t know why BaekHyun can’t see her as he sees me. After we finished eating, I walked to the counter to pay the bills. “Sorry, miss. But, someone already paid for you.” the cashier said. “Really? Are you sure? My table over there. I don’t think I knew someone here who would pay for me.” I said. “Yes. We are sure. He left this for you.” the cashier said handed me a postcard. I just take it and keep it in my handbag.

 

“Unnie! Are you done with it?” BoAh asked me. “Neh, neh.” I said. “Noona! Would you like to join us?” BaekHyun asked. “No. I feel dizzy.” I said giving some excuse. Actually, I am very curious about the person who paid for me before. I can’t read the postcard in front of them. They will surely bombarding me with questions.

 

As I reached my hotel room, I take my bath. Then, I just lying on the bed and took out the postcard from my handbag. “It is heartwarming to see there is still good people like you. As you are always helping people, I pray for your success in your future.- Dennis Park.” I read it out loud. “Park? Sound like Korean. Success in my future? Hope so. When will I get a proper job?” I said. “It is good if I can see him in the future.” I said. Why am I so happy just by a postcard? Pabo!

 

End of POV.

 

A/N

Annyeong! Mianhe for my long hiatus. I've been busy with my new job. Not considered new anymore. I have like a lot to write. But, I don't have much time. I love to see Teuk like a lot of Taeng's post in her IG. Their connection in some awards ceremony. I really hope that Teuk oppa do comfort Taeng unnie since her Appa had passed away... What more can I say about SuperClap, 2ya2yao? About Suju still winning many awards. Our Last Man Standing. About uri Cho Genie's "I Don't Love You" or GenX "Nan Arayo". I'm waiting for others to be in King of Masked Singer esp uri Teukie oppa. I'm sure ELF also want it right?

Now, our current issue. "I look forward to that day of hope and joy when the borders reopen and people rejoice together. We shall rise again. We can get through this together. Please don't lose hope. Let's fight this! I will pray for everyone of you. Yours truly- SiWon Choi" and uri Lee HyukJae donated some amount of money for Covid-19. Tell me if I'm stanning a wrong group? I really want to give them a love hug. Super Junior really spell L.O.V.E... I really want to know how is it in your country? How bad this coronavirus effected you all? Tell me please... As for me here, we here need to be quarantine but not in a hard way. Me, as a person working for food supply company still need to work to ensure that people in my country still get a good quality of our product. But, some day I'll just work from home like today. Honestly, I do felt insecure as I'm working while my family stayed at home. I felt quite paranoid of what am I touching, my sick colleague. I'll take bath right after I arrived home. Hoping that I don't bring home anything bad everyday. My area are still clear without positive Covid. But, it do comes nearer day by day. And the people dying everyday. Guys, be safe everyone! We really can fight this! Just stay at home if you can. I really hope I can stay home in current situation. My sister is one of the 'frontliner'. Some of her colleague already effected. 

Since many Super Show had been postponed. I knew there are many ELF felt frustrated. Maybe I don't really felt that since I never been there and I knew that now is not my time yet. Do pray for me that one day I can be there. Deep down my heart I really want to be there to see them. But, I knew it is different feeling when you already bought the ticket, free your schedule just to meet them. Even, I just watching SS on Youtube I know that it is the best feeling to be there. But, at last it has been postponed. Believe me, uri oppa know our feeling. They also regretted that we can't meet just yet. But, we should appreciate their effort to still communicate with us. Uri Leader-nim with Kiss The Youtube, also Hae oppa, uri handsome Dongie oppa (he was already cute before and handsome now. I'm amaze! I should lose weight too~), Chullie oppa with HEETube, Kyu oppa, Wookie oppa. They are trying their best to reach us ELF. Just lets's fight our best to stay home or stay at work (for our frontliner). We can fight to stop this and have our SS later. Pray for uur safety and also uri oppa's safety.  

Last but not least, thanks if there my new reader and subscriber. Gomawo! Welcome uri new baby ELF from Granny ELF. Hmm, ahjumma maybe. Hahah. We are we are young!