Room Of Tears

Girl's Generation: A Taengsic Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

With Seohyun in her arms, crying and apologizing, Jessica truly was lost on what to think. The other members were at a loss for words with the exception of Taeyeon, the first of them that she has spoken too. With Seohyun crying profusely, no one knew where to start, or what to think. Even Yeri was just sitting there and watching awkwardly as everything unfolded. Sure, she's seen her unnie cry, but never this bad. As upset with Jessica as they were, even Yuri and Hyoyeon couldn't bring themselves to pry their precious maknae off of Jessica. "I should've protected you...I'm so sorry..." she said for the fourth time.

To everyone's dismay, she was crying heavily and uncontrolably. "Its okay, Seobaby...You did what you could. I'll always be thankful that you were a part of my life. I wish you could see how far I've come these past four years. Well, at least before everything came crashing down. But...I'm the one that should be sorry." Jessica finally spoke up.

Taeyeon, arms still folded, was about to roll her eyes, until she heard Jessica's last sentence. Was she actually apologizing? Shocking. Mentally, she scolded herself for thinking in such a horrid way. "For what?" Seohyun asked.

It was hard to get her words out as she had been crying so hard. Jessica looked down at the floor before slowly easing out of Seohyun smothering her. She placed her hands on the maknae's cheeks and wiped away the tears as they looked into each other's eyes. "For not clearing your name..." She said, her voice filled with sorrow.

"I should have protected you as well. From those nasty so-called fans, from netizens...From SM. I shouldn't have let any of you suffer for what happened." She shook her head.

Despite trying to fight it, Seohyun soon hugged her again, this time burying her eyes in Jessica's shoulder. The older woman frowned. Not that she expected this reunion to be happy and wonderful. Finally, both Hyoyeon and Yuri stood up. Slowly, Seohyun reluctantly let go, facing Jessica once more. "Its good to see you again, Sica. I only wish it was under happier circumstances..."

"I wish that too, Seobaby...I wish that too." She frowned as both Yuri and Hyoyeon marched up to her, their expressions scaring Yeri.

Seohyun sat down next to Yoona, who started rubbing her back before offering her a box of tissues. Hyoyeon's hand balled into a fist. "Remember when I said that I wanted to punch you?" She asked, on the verge of tears.

Jessica's sorrow changed into shock. "Yeah..."

"Well I've been waiting for four years to do that." She then raised her fist and swung at Jessica's face.

Jessica closed her eyes, accepting it because she thought she deserved it. However, nothing happened. Yoona had stopped her, having grabbed her wrist with Hyoyeon's fist being an inch from Jessica's face. She would then open her eyes, peering at Yoona who was keeping Hyoyeon from punching her. "Hyo, stop...Don't get violent...We don't need that right now..." Seohyun pleaded.

The Dance Queen looked away as she relaxed herself. "You're right, we should talk it out...like adults." She sighed, folding her arms and looking Jessica straight in the eye, locking their gazes. "Why?"

"Why what?" Jessica asked, confused.

"Why didn't you fight to stay with us? We loved you, Jessica! Do you think it was easy for any of us to watch you go? Especially for me and Yuri, the ones who were closest to you before you just up and left!?" Her sadness soon turned into anger.

Jessica herself would be on the verge of tears. "When we got back from China, our lives became a living hell! A lot of brands dropped us. Netizens and Fans alike were boycotting us like crazy! We didn't force you out of the group. SM did...and right now I feel like an idiot for resigning with them...Anyway, we wanted you to stay. The fans wanted you to stay. We supported your brand. We wore your sunglasses. Yeri and Irene wear your dresses. Hell, even Taeyeon has your scarf in her room somewhere! And you guys barely got along! And four years later, when hits the ing fan, you just come up to her house asking for help because everything came crashing down!? Not even a lousy hello to us every now and then! We don't have to be bandmates, but we could have been at least friends-"

"Okay, Hyo, that's enough-" She was cut off by Tiffany, but then retaliated harshly. "First off, Princess Peach, shut the up, I'm not done." She then redirected her attention back to Jessica, while Tiffany was baffled by the amount of disrespect that Hyoyeon has just given her, but didn't really take it to heart since Hyoyeon was clearly very angry at the moment.

Still, it was hurtful. Then again, it was four, almost five years of pint-up anger and sadness within her heart concerning that. "So we couldn't be friends even though you were no longer performing and making music with us? Kris, Luhan and Tao are still friends with EXO. TVXQ still kick it. Why couldn't we? I would have loved to spend time with you! No matter what that fat in the suit would say. He could terminate my contract, he could fire me. I wouldn't care. I would have spent time with you. I would have gone to those fashion shows, movie premieres, you name it! I would have flown to L.A, Hong Kong, Tokyo, or even kick it here in Seoul. I would have given up my career for our friendship. Hell, I'd even model for your products. All you had to do was ask." It was clear that Hyoyeon was hurt by Jessica's actions, and only now she was letting it all out. "So what was it? Was I not good enough for you? I'm sorry I'm not a ing living fairy doll." A tear would escape her eye.

Jessica was just speechless. To see her former best friend having so much bottled up anger and sadness, only for that bottle to explode on her. She couldn't help but think that she deserved it. "Well, don't just stand there...Say something."

Jessica struggled to find what to say to Hyoyeon. "I...I'm sorry, Hyo. I had...No idea you felt this way." She closed her eyes, the waterworks starting up. "You know how those bastards would have been really-" The angry dance queen cut her off. "Don't even give me that excuse. If Kris, Luhan and Tao could find time to spend with EXO and show some support...publicly!? What makes you different? It only takes a couple of seconds to send a text or a message. You had all this time to post on Instagram, go to all these fashion shows, meet the biggest Hollywood Stars and taking pictures with them, but you couldn't find time to see how we were doing? Some friend you are. Right now, you're a pretty ing ty friend, Jessica. After all we've been through together, I thought we were better then this. Fifteen years, I thought we were sisters. Whatever happened to 'We Are Always One', huh? Guess you were full of on that...And I guess I'm full of for thinking that we were as close as I thought we were..." Hyoyeon shook her head in disappointment before walking off into the bathroom, slamming the door, causing everyone to jump.

While Taeyeon seemed shocked, deep down she was feeling satisfied. Jessica's suffering was just beginning. All that anger that Hyoyeon had, really hit Jessica. Hopefully the rest of the girls would not blow up like that. To that end, that hope went down the drain as she came face to face with Yuri, the closest of them all. "I really wish we could have a h

Please log in to read the full chapter