Buckle Up, Buttercup

Girl's Generation: A Taengsic Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Not only was Jessica's bankruptcy taking the Kpop world by storm, but now the news of Luna and Hyoyeon destroying Kim Soo-man's office was making the news, shocking much of the Kpop community, idols and fans alike. Althougth to most, it would seem that many had predicted that both women were going to snap eventually. With the incident now viral, things weren't looking good for Girl's Generation. Not only Hyoyeon's career and contract with S.M Entertainment remained in discussion, but Luna's as well. Both Amber and Victoria would return to their home to a worried Krystal. Thankfully there wasn't any yelling, but there were a lot of shed tears and apologizing. Sadly, f(x) wasn't the only group that were in for a tough time. There was now a bit of a rift between Taeyeon and Red Velvet because of the secret that Yeri was carrying. EXO was still catching their breath, while SHINee was still recovering from losing Jonghyun. With Hyoyeon and Luna's incident, it would not be long until EXO, SHINee and Super Junior got involved as well. But so far, none of them have been available for comment concerning the latest S.M Town Incident.

As nightfall came, Taeyeon took Red Velvet out to a fancy restaurant. Both Irene and Yeri had taken their Blanc & Eclare dresses, wanting to show their support for Jessica in her time of need. They would even post a photo with the dresses to show it more publicly. Jessica herself would see the Instagram post, and even liked it to show her appreciation...but didn't leave a comment because SM would get their up in a twist. Upon leaving the mall, Seohyun would next take Jessica back to her own house, having received a text message from Taeyeon that she wasn't home. Since it hasn't been very long, Taeyeon hadn't thought to give Jessica a key to her home. However, she did make a note to make Jessica a copy of her house key. "Alright, ladies, order what you want for dinner, my treat." She smiled as they were seated in a booth with a nice view. 

At the very same restaurant, Jessica and Seohyun would soon show up with Tiffany and Sooyoung, the other two who left S.M. Taeyeon would take notice, but kept her attention on the members of Red Velvet. Seohyun then requested for them to be seated on the opposite side of the restaurant so that netizens and fans do not get suspicious. However, it was very much a coincidence, with Seohyun not knowing that Taeyeon was coming to the place for dinner with Red Velvet. Noticing the Blanc & Eclare dresses worn by Yeri and Irene, Jessica smiled a little, appreciative of them for showing their support for her. As the separate groups began to eat dinner, a few messages popped up in SNSD group chat.

Sunny: I am really angry with Hyoyeon right now.

Yoona: To be fair, your uncle had it coming for what he did to Jessica.

Sunny: What the hell, Yoong!?

Yoona: What? He blacklisted my Best Friend. And blew up on me for trying to bring her back.

Sunny: He's still my uncle...

Yoona: More like estranged uncle...

Finally Taeyeon decided to hop in and stop the argument between Sunny and Yoona.

Taeyeon: Guys, stop fighting. Both of you stop with the attitude. Take a deep breath. We'll all meet up at my house after I take Red Velvet home.

Sunny: Ugh, fine...

Taeyeon sighed as she set her phone down, worrying the members of Red Velvet. "Is everything alright, Unnie?" Wendy asked, concerned.

Meanwhile, her band mates were more focused on munching their dinner. Taeyeon barely touched her meal, which left Wendy a little worried. Taeyeon then shook her head, frowning. "What's wrong?" Wendy pouted.

"Sunny and Yoona got into a fight. And I have to go break it up. Don't worry about me, sweetie, go ahead and eat up." Taeyeon said before she started munching on her meal again.

Wendy nodded before going back to eating. On the other side of the Restaurant, Seohyun, Tiffany and Sooyoung got the messages as well. Seeing the messages between Sunny and Yoona left Tiffany fuming a little, while Sooyoung and Seohyun were just frowning. Then Jessica had no clue what was going on. "Do I wanna know?" She asked, looking at her former labelmates. No, not former labelmates...Friends. "Yeah, Sunny and Yoona got into a fight. Taeyeon cut it short. Probably has something to do with Hyoyeon and Luna destroying Soo-man's office." Sooyoung said nonchalantly.

Jessica just raised an eyebrow. At that moment, their food arrived. A smile spread across Jessica's face, but then she peered at Tiffany, who had cucumbers on her meal. In turn, Tiffany just responded with her signature eye smile, making Jessica pout. "Okay, you guys can make faces later, let's eat up before the meals get cold."

To this, Seohyun started giggling as she remembered how wonderful they had it while staying together at the dorm, or even spending time together while not promoting. As the four girls began digging in, Taeyeon was paying her bill and leaving a tip for the server before ushering Red Velvet out so that she could take them home. Briefly, Taeyeon and Jessica made eye-contact, but nothing obvious enough to cause a stir on the internet. "So...How is it living with Taeyeon?" Sooyoung asked.

"Surprisingly, its calm. We mostly keep to ourselves. I'm just trying to get everything with my company sorted out and taking advantage of this hiatus to catch my breath. I even pitch in for food and groceries. Thankfully she doesn't charge me rent. I can thank Red Velvet for that." Jessica said as she slowly ate her chicken.

"I'm willing to bet that Yeri talked her out of charging you rent?" Sooyoung smiled a little.

Jessica simply nodded. "Yeah, not sure why she'd do that for me..." Her smile then faded.

"Well, I'm glad she did it. Given the situation you're currently in." Tiffany added.

As the girls continued to eat, Seohyun asked for the bill. Sooyoung and Tiffany offered to pitch in, but the maknae declined and said that she could foot the bill, to which they all agreed. After they had paid for their meal, it was time to go. As the girls all left the restaurant, Seohyun decided to take them back to her house, maybe do their nails and catch up now that they had more free time and SM couldn't really do about it. While Tiffany and Sooyoung took separate cars, Jessica hitched a ride with Seohyun and they drove off happily with their friends in tow.

Meanwhile, on the way back to Red Velvet's dorm, Yeri, who was sitting in the front seat with Taeyeon, glanced at her phone and saw what were angry messages from Yoona and Sunny. It must have been from the group chat that she saw three days ago. "Don't worry about it, sweetie. Unnie will take care of it." She said softly as they got onto the highway. 

Yeri simply nodded while the other members of Red Velvet were awfully quiet on the way home. "Before we head back home...We're gonna stop by the Police Station..." She said before getting off the highway after a couple of miles.

"Why?" Irene asked.

"I need to bail Hyoyeon and Luna out." Taeyeon sighed in a frustrated manner.

About fifteen

Please log in to read the full chapter