Sins of the Queen, Part 2

Girl's Generation: A Taengsic Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the courtroom cleared, Taeyeon would quietly meet up with Jessica, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun. Police Officers were escorting Kris, Yuri, Victoria, Amber and Luna out of the courtroom and into their respective holding cells, where Luna would be sitting with Hyoyeon. Much to all their dismay, photos and video footage of all of them entering the courthouse has sadly surfaced on the news and fans started to voice their concerns, while others were bashing Jessica, accusing her of taking advantage of the trial for free publicity. While that was only partially correct, Jessica wanted to see how the trial was going to pan out, because it was going to help her with her decision process to decide on making amends with Sunny. However, Jessica herself was very unhappy with Taeyeon's stance on the situation and neither did Seohyun. When they came face to face, Jessica folded her arms. "What the hell was that?"

"What the hell was what?" Taeyeon asked.

"You threw Hyoyeon under the bus, why!?" Jessica responded.

"I know what you're thinking...Yes, he deserved it. That's why I didn't say anything. I just...told them what happened from my perspective." Taeyeon tried to reassure Jessica, but it was shaky at best. "I can't lie in court, Jess. I love Hyo to pieces. I do, but I can't lie. If I do, or don't say anything, I would be sentenced to twenty years in prison. Something I can't afford."

Jessica nodded, saddened that Hyoyeon may face prison time. If Taeyeon ended up in jail, that would mean that they cannot be together, something that Jessica didn't want. "Alright...I guess we'll just have to hope for the best. This is the end of Girl's Generation as we know it. One was booted...because of me...Three left to pursue greener opportunities...Two are possibly about to go to jail...One might be excommunicated...Its only gonna be me and Yoona left..." Taeyeon started crying, shocking everyone.

Naturally, Jessica wanted to lash out, but couldn't bring herself to do so. Instead, she pulled Taeyeon into a hug and brushed her hair before rubbing her back. "That's not true...If SM gets rid of you all...I have something in mind that will allow us to reunite...and we'll give them the biggest you ever. I promise, Taeng...They're gonna pay for what they did to me...To us...To everyone..." She said coldly, shocking everyone around them, with Tiffany stunned by Jessica's determination.

"We'll get through this...All of us...I promise." Jessica said as she held Taeyeon tightly before kissing her on the cheek.

Taeyeon still held onto Jessica and refused to let go. She nodded as Tiffany helped wipe away her tears. Sunny saw the girls talking to one another, together with Jessica. She felt a bit left out and didn't approach them, thinking that they were holding a grudge against her for what happend to Hyoyeon, Luna, Yuri, Kris, Amber and Victoria. Quietly, she just went back to her Uncle and sat down with him.

Ten minutes later...

Once Recess was over, everyone started coming back into court. It was barely 11:30AM, closer towards noon. Now it was the Defense's turn and they only had one shot to keep Hyoyeon and Luna out of jail, granted their stance was weakened by the Prosecutor's witness testimonies along with Hyoyeon's outburst. As everyone sat down, Police escorts were leading Hyoyeon back into the Courtroom and the silence became deafening. "The court will now resume session." The Judge smacked her gavel onto its block. "Ms. Kim, will you be able to maintain your composure this time?"

"Yes, your honor." She replied, her face ridden with guilt as she could have wrecked her own defense.

"Thank you, you may be seated." Judge Kim addressed before straightening out her robe and her microphone.

As the court resumed session, the Defense Team readied their questions, ever vigilant. Because they had double the witnesses of the Presecution, there was still some hope. Sadly, Yuri, Victoria, Kris and Amber were more of accomplices rather then witnesses. "Defense, you may call your first witness to the stand."

"Thank your honor, we would like to call Kwon Yuri to the stand."

All eyes were now Yuri, making her nervous. It was either talk or jail time. Quietly, Yuri made her way to the stand. After being sworn in by the Bailiff, Yuri could feel anxiety rushing through her body and looking at Sunny, who had been very quiet through the entire trial, kinda made her blood boil, as a few days ago she and Sooyoung had to break up a fight between Yoona and Sunny, which she didn't not find pleasant as they were in public. "Ms. Kwon, we understand that it has been a very stressful week for you. Have things been going well with Girl's Generation at least?"

Yuri hesitated and only blinked her eyes before taking a deep breath. "No, unfortunately not. Not ever since Jessica was taken away from me." She glared at Soo-man before peering at Sunny, who sat next to her uncle.

She closed her eyes, taking another deep breath, trying not to cry. "My heart aches every day for my friend who was taken away from me. It only worsens as three more have left to pursue personal endeavors. But I fear we may not last much longer." She said coldly, her eyes back on the Defense Attorney.

"That is...unfortunate. Can you tell us what is leading to the downfall of Girl's Generation?" He asked.

"Greed." She said simply, before peering at Soo-man once more. "You see, us Idols don't really make it by with the income that we have as we only receive a small percentage of the sales whenever we release new songs and albums. Many of us have become dependant on projects outside of music, like acting, or appearing on reality shows. Eventually that leads members of idol groups, such as my own, to pursue solo endeavors versus group ones. We need food on the table as well. We are not like gods as the fans seem to claim. We're just like other citizens, living out our lives doing what we love. Many of us wanted to quit. But I am glad my own group persevered." She then peered over at Jessica, who was sitting amongst the audience. "Every day since September 30th, 2014...I wish Jessica would come back to us...As we..." She sniffled, trying to keep herself from crying. "As we, Girl's Generation, welcome her back with open arms. But now that three of our own have left, such a dream is closer to becoming impossible."

There were murmers across the courtroom as Yuri dropped Jessica's name. Jessica herself, looked up as Seohyun held her hand. She tried not to cry, but Yuri's words only touched her heart and soul, which made it difficult. "We hope that you will reunite with your friend one day. Can you tell us why your friends left SM? They seem to mean very much to you."

Yuri nodded. "They do. We performed together for almost eleven years now, seven with Jessica...We persevered through it all, but we never recovered from Jessica's unexpected departure. Tiffany, Sooyoung and Seohyun left SM because they were...unhappy with how they were being treated. Ever since younger groups have started breaking out for a new generation of Kpop, older idols like myself are starting to fade away and SM hasn't really given us a second look. They saw no future with SM and no doubt they are still angry for what happened to Jessica. Seohyun, starting at the beginning of the year, would call me in tears almost every other night, telling me how much she misses her unnie. We wear her dresses, jeans, sunglasses and scarfs to show our support for her brand. We supported her wholeheartedly from day one, but Mr. Kim didn't agree." 

"Very touching story, Ms. Kwon. Now, do you know why Mr. Kim didn't agree with you and your friend's support for Ms. Jung?"

Yuri nodded. "Yes. Money. When she started her brand, he knew that he wasn't going to benefit from it. So he took away what was most precious to her. And I...will never forgive him for it."

"With how unhappy you are, Ms. Kwon, how come you have remained with SM?" The Defense Attorney asked.

Yuri was baffled by the next question. "I felt that it was not my time to part ways with them. Only five of us, including myself, resigned with SM. But now, I feel like I made a...mistake signing a new contract."

"Thank you, Ms. Kwon. We have

Please log in to read the full chapter