Ice Queen's Lament, Part 1

Girl's Generation: A Taengsic Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Following Jessica going public about making amends with Girl's Generation, her friend CL wasted no time in announcing that there would be a Charity Concert for Blanc & Eclare. While some Sones speculated that Jessica was going to make her unprecedented return to Girl's Generation, others presumed that SM would somehow get in the way. With their current ongoing legal battles among other things, there was no real way for them to prevent the concert from happening. Even then, SM representatives expressed their displeasure towards CL, who of course, didn't really care. To add insult to injury, YG praised CL for going out of her way and helping Jessica, who was really at an all-time low. Either way, what all the girls could agree on was that the concert, which CL has decided to name 'Ice Queen's Lament', would be one hell of an end to Summer.

August 25th, 2018...

After two weeks of planning and rehearsing, it was nearly time for the concert to start. Since the concert was planned practically last minute, booking a venue was hard, but with backing from YG, CL managed to book the concert at the biggest venue she could find, as she was predicting one hell of a turn-out for it. Her quest would lead her to book the concert at Seoul Olympic Stadium. To her delight, tickets sold out within a week and a half. From what CL had noticed while checking ticket sales, it would seem that Fans from all over the world would be flying in for the Concert, from as close as Japan to as far as North America. They even had one hell of a line up in addition to CL herself, Jessica, Girl's Generation, f(x), Red Velvet and even Kris Wu. Other artists who were invited to participate included Dara, Minzy, Park Bom, Seungri, Jay Park. One thing that was noted by fans was there were going to be no group performances and instead each artist was going to be singing a song individually, or two for the audience. Sure, a few duets were in store, but CL wanted them to be a surprise. One thing that caught CL by surprise...was BTS wanting in. Who was she to say no? While their fellow artists were overjoyed to see them come perform alongside them, ARMYs were reasonably outraged due to the last minute announcement as they didn't receive a chance to purchase tickets to get into the Concert. While many expressed their displeasure, others expressed hope that the artists performing at the Ice Queen's Lament concert would invite BTS to perform in future concerts if they were to all collaberate once more, perhaps even have more artists come to perform. Other fandoms, such as Onces and Blinks, expressed hope that Twice and Black Pink would be invited to perform alongside the prestigious artists in the future. All the while, EXO-Ls expressed their displeasure with how EXO was not invited and even criticized CL for accepting BTS last minute. Both CL and Jessica fired back and said that it was payback for EXO-L's malevolent and immature behavior over the past couple of years. In addition, YG even threatened legal action if any malicious comments or rumors were to surface or spread, leaving both CL and Jessica satisfied. "Can you believe those sensitive- es? Like, what the hell? To be fair, we were only inviting people we've been hanging out with." CL put her arm around Jessica as they walked towards the dressing room that they shared.

"I know right? We can only cram so many artists into one goddamn concert. Wait, why did you invite BTS last minute?" Jessica asked while applying make-up and looking at herself in the mirror.

"Publicity." CL smiled a little. "Plus, you gotta hand it to them, they're really talented. Besides..."

"All Publicity..." Jessica commented, but stopped midway through. "Is good publicity." She said at the same time with CL.

They both laughed before giving one another a fist bump. Afterwards, Jessica straightened out her outfit, wearing all black, consisting of a sleeveless top with a mesh net undershirt, black ripped jeans, boots and numerous accessories, including chains, wristbands and a couple of belts. In total, she had five different chain necklaces, one of including a gothic cross. CL helped her with her hair, which she had dyed blond once more. "I really love this look, Jess. It suits you. Well, kind of, You don't dress this way everyday, but you look y in it." 

"Oh yeah, I wanted to go with the theme for the Concert. After all, I'm pretty sure you didn't name it 'Ice Queen's Lament' for no reason." Jessica smiled as she applied black lip-stick.

CL herself was dressed similarly to Jessica, but didn't have nearly as many accessories. Instead of Wristbands and mesh net undershirt, CL instead wore a black blouse, only matching Jessica's Jeans and Boots. Best of all, the outfit went well with her dark make-up and white hair. As they finalized on their looks, both CL and Jessica exited their dressing rooms to meet up with everyone else performing. In terms outfits, there was a lot of diversity. Of course, to oppose Jessica's darkness, Taeyeon wore a white dress and CL snapped a photo of them together alongside other artists that were going to be performing. But before they could do anything, CL would have to go deal with the opening ceremony, with Jessica being her co-host, who was also the Guest of Honor as the concert was being thrown on her behalf. By now, the Stadium must be filled up. CL took a peak from behind the stage. The turnout was just so much bigger then expected. Perhaps performing at a huge concert right off the get-go was not the best idea, but it was all for a good cause; to bring Blanc & Eclare out of bankruptcy. While everyone finished getting prepared, CL and Jessica took to the stage. As soon as they did so, the audience started cheering on as the spotlight shined on them both. Jessica smiled and waved while clutching her microphone in her hand, while CL got ready for her opening speech. "Welcome everyone and thank you for attending Ice Queen's Lament. As you all know, this is a charity concert. All proceeds, from tickets and miscellaneous purchases will be going towards Blanc & Eclare, directed by yours truly, Korea's one and only Ice Queen, Jessica Jung!"

The crowd cheered as Jessica once more began waving at the crowd. "Thank you, CL. You have no idea how much this means to me." She then turned to face the audiance. "Now as all of you may know, I had to file for bankruptcy at the beginning of this summer. Since then, my life has been a little rough and had to give up many of the liberties that I took for granted. I have learned a valuable lesson in the process. I let money and fame get to my head and I did the unthinkable. I ran to the very people that I betrayed for the money and fame...for help. And I learned how fortunate and how blessed I am...to know that my former bandmates have forgiven me. It took nearly all of summer, but...I made amends with them."

The whole crowd awww'd, many of them were heartfelt while others cheered. "And I was given the chance to befriend CL. And you know, she's the most badass woman I've ever met." She then made eye contact with CL and they smiled at one another. "She didn't have to do any of this for me...But I am blessed to call her my friend. So tell me, why did you call this concert 'Ice Queen's Lament'?"

CL looked her in the eye before turning her attention back on the audiance. "Because you're Kpop's Fallen Ice Queen. If you look at everything that happened from the end of June...all the way to today, I found it to be very fitting."

"Who am I to argue? Now, without further ado, I am sure you guys are here for more then just listening to me and CL talk. Let's get to our first performance of the night. So give it up for...Kim Taeyeon!"

The crowd started chee

Please log in to read the full chapter