Threads of Fate

Girl's Generation: A Taengsic Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Four Hours Later...

As the evening had rolled around, the Jury had yet to finish deliberating on the verdict, at which point the Judge would send everyone home. In particular, Hyoyeon, Luna, Kris, Yuri, Victoria and Amber would be kept under house arrest until the verdict has been reached. The other members of Girl's Generation, were still a bit shaken by how Kris had called them out. Even Jessica herself was surprised. It took a lot of nerve for him to do that. Luckily he did not say it publically, or it would be a huge public dispute, one that no one in Girl's Generation needed right now, as Yoona and Sunny's dispute was already giving enough of a negative light. Things were now going to be awkward at the f(x) dorm since Krystal was the sole member that was not dealing with any legal problems. However, with the current dispute going on, Krystal could see a Contract Nullification coming in, unless Soo-man gives them what they need, a comeback. As for Girl's Generation, things were looking bad, as they were getting close to being reduced to just Taeyeon and Sunny, as Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon were likely going to face Contract Termination, while Tiffany, Sooyoung and Seohyun would most likely be forbidden to perform with the girls as Jessica was before her removal from the group. Because of how shaken they were, none of them had even wanted to talk to each other and just wanted to leave, go home. However, as they had agreed in the court room, Seohyun and Jessica would leave together, with Taeyeon in tow. "So what Kris said in the courtroom...Is it true?"

Seohyun closed her eyes as tears rolled down her cheeks. "He exaggerated a little, but otherwise...its true. Yeah. Every song that we recorded together prior to your departure...I would always cover your parts...Because I couldn't bear to leave them unsung and every time Sunny did it, something would go wrong. But sometimes I couldn't hold my emotions and...lose it. Every night, I would wish among the stars for you to come back. Sure, my wish came true, but...not the way I wanted it to." She admitted before she started crying, dropping her purse in the process, at which point a pair of Blanc & Eclare Sunglasses would fall out, along with a picture of Jessica babying Seohyun on her twenty-first birthday, which was six years ago.

Before Jessica could say or do anything, she felt Seohyun hugging her again, burying her eyes into Jessica's shoulder. The older woman responded by returning the gesture and started rubbing her back and brushing her hair, just like she had done on the night of her unexpected return. "Its not your fault that I went bankrupt. You just...missed me a lot and...I'm so sorry, Seobaby. I had no idea you felt this way..." Jessica felt guilty for not maintaining contact with Seohyun...and even neglected that.

Taeyeon picked up the contents of Seohyun's purse. As she put the Sunglasses back into their case, she started staring at the photo, which was in a photo protector. As she stared at the photo, Taeyeon remembered that...she was the one that took the photo. Within it, the other Girl's Generation members, were smiling for the Camera, while Jessica went out of the way to give Seohyun a big hug and both girls were smiling. "I remember this photo...You...kept it after all these years, Seobaby?" Taeyeon asked, clutching Seohyun's purse and then showing her the photo.

Jessica then felt shock run through her body. Both women looked over at the photo in her hand. Seohyun nodded, while Jessica just spaced out staring at it. She closed her eyes, remembering the wonderful memory of Seohyun's twenty-first birthday. "Ever since she was taken away, I kept that photo with me...I just missed her so much and wanted her to come home..." she covered to keep herself from getting too loud.

"I'm home now...Like I said last week...I won't leave again...I'm staying. I promise." Jessica squeezed her hand, opening her eyes again. "Now please stop crying, you're worrying me."

Seohyun only nodded as Taeyeon handed her the photo and her purse. She then wiped her eyes with her jacket sleeve before sniffling. "Now I have to go home. This trial has me worried and I need a breather. Maybe...Spend more time with Taeyeon." She said, giving Taeyeon a devious smile.

"I would like that actually." Taeyeon smiled a bit, leaving the Maknae confused.

"We're trying to turn over a new leaf, sweetie." Jessica smiled.

Seohyun only nodded before leaving with Yoona, leaving Jessica to go home with Taeyeon. Sooyoung and Tiffany naturally left together while Sunny just left with her uncle, the last person she sees...is Jessica. Their eyes locked briefly before Jessica and Taeyeon entered the parking garage. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon and Yuri were being driven back to their homes in the back of a Cop Car, while Kris had to remain within a ten-mile radius of the hotel he was currently staying at. Thankfully, Taeyeon had parked in the garage, which meant they could bypas

Please log in to read the full chapter