Ch : 6

Sweet Escape Pt. 2

It's Yeri’s 20th days in Japan, when she finally can see Jungkook's face again in real time. Both of them are busy, and also Jungkook already told her before she left that he's not good with long distance communication.
Yeri also not good with it, but Jungkook is worse. He’ll left you at read for days, and only call or send you a message once in a while.

Thanks to Yeri who’s also busy with her schedules, the lack of communication is not really a problem. Plus even though Jungkook is done with his promotion, Yeri can always heard about his name from the media.

Jungkook and BTS is at the top of the world right now. If idols industry has hirrearchy not based on seniority but achievements or something, they will be at the very top right now. They're insanely popular, loved and demanded, really successful, people talk about them all the time.
Few years ago before they're getting popular like today, when Red Velvet and BTS used to perform right after or before one another. BTS were not the easiest group to approach. They always stick to each other like a gum, and obviously not everyone want to talk to all of them at once. And today BTS who's really popular is even harder to approach, They will spend most of their times abroad for concerts and events, not to mentions they also heavily promoted themselves in a global scale, they're busy.

Yeri too, she want to see Jungkook as her senior that she can admired for being richer, more talented, and more popular than her. So Jungkook will looks like out of reach for a young girl like Yeri. But turns out that it's hard for Yeri to do that, because just like right now, Jungkook called her through a video call only to showing her off some magicians kit he just bought online. Like a kid.

"This is seriously cool."

Well, she admit that kit is actually cool and looks expensive, but still..why did he do this? He can just show Yeri about his achievements or his trophies that he won on some prestigious award show , or even he can just show her his paycheck to actually  brag about being rich, instead of this.
Yeri asked him about it once, and he said that things like that is easy to find on the internet, if Yeri is curious, she can just read about it online instead of waiting for him to talk about those things.

"Let me borrow it for a day, when i get back. My sister would be thrilled playing with it."

They're not really talk often when Yeri is in the middle of overseas schedule like this, but there's one night when Jungkook called her in the middle of night, and they talked for 4 hours or something.
They talked about everything. Through that talks Yeri learn about her dad who is 5 years younger than Jungkook's dad. Both of their parents get married at such a young age, or about  Jungkook's mom who dyed her hair blonde because she wants to looks younger, or Jungkook who has a black belt in taekwondo, just trivia and little things about him. 

"If i asked you to meet me right after you're back, would you say yes?"  He's now placing his phone on his desk on his studio, so Yeri can easily see the background. His studio looks simple, without excessive decoration.

"You really should clean that place a little bit." Yeri is not answering his question, because her sight was bothered by a pile of empty box at the top of his small cabinet.

Jungkook following her gaze and now back to stare at his computer screen.
"I don't know why, but it's amusing to hear you nag at me."
Yeri doesn't understand what he means, and she's not curious about it either, so she just ignore his remarks.

"Maybe 2 or 3 days after i get back?"

"What is it?"

"I'll see you in a week from now."

"Alright." Jungkook is still focusing his eyes to his computer screen and Yeri is pleased with just a chance to watch him work.

"Oppa, sing me a song..till i fall asleep."

"What kind of song?"

"Your favorite song."
There's a few seconds silent before Yeri can finally heard something. It's not Jungkook singing, it's only a rough sketch of melody and beat without any vocal on it.

"I know this song." Yeri talks with her high pitched voice because she's excited. That one song Jungkook made in Bali using her notebook, she remember that he just made a rough one minute length of beat. Seems like he’s continue working on it, even after they’re back from the trip.

"Of course you know." There’s a smile on his face when he said that.

"I did some modification and all the production of this, i didn't ask anyone for helps, so it came out as minimal and not too good.”

"No i like it. Because i helped you making it."
The song is still playing in the background as they're talking to each other.

"But why nobody sing it?"

"I don't have any lyrics yet."

"Shame. let me hear it again when it's become full song."
Jungkook is now stopping that song from playing and back staring at his phone again.

"You could write for me, you should sing it too."
Well, it is true that these days Yeri is involved with writing lyrics and making music. But she only did it for her fans and she write songs about her story.

"I'll think about it." She's not really confidence about it.


 

Yeri doesn’t expect Jungkook to remember promised they made when he video called her back in Japan, but surprisingly, he  reach to her exactly 2 days after she’s back to the country, just like what they promised.

"Let's go get some dinner then."
That's honestly a great offer coming from Jungkook, she's busy all day, and has no time to eat. And it's only dew days after she's back from Japan, so it'd be nice to eat korean food again.

"I'll ask my unnies first, i'll call you in 5 minutes. Aren't you busy though?"
Yeri can heard Jungkook's little laugh when she told him about asking her unnies first.

"I'm in the middle of meeting right now, i'll be done in 20 minutes or so.."
Yeri is always baffled with the fact that young idol ike Jungkook has meetings here and there, she does have meetings too, but it's never really take so much times. She doesn't want to be a bother for him, so she try to not makes him doing so many things for her sake.

"what kind of meeting? if you're already outside, just stay, i'll meet you there."
Yeri is aware that Jungkook is not sure about her suggestion, there's a pause before he's answering.

"hmm..I'll send you the location first, if you don't like it, you can choose instead, just call me when you're ready to go."

That's such a nice thing to hear for Yeri, back when they first met, Jungkook come out as someone who likes to take control over everything, meanwhile Yeri is someone who doesn't like over controlled, she's independent and someone with a firm choice regarding her life most of time. So for him to actually considering her preference regarding something is really nice and fascinating to experienced.

"Alright, i will.."

Food come second, Jungkook come first, that's the truth. Yeri doesn't really care about the place at all, just the thought of seeing Jungkook again after one month is already exciting.

 

***

"Jungkookie you can just send him the file tonight, and we'll see how they work."

Since BTS becoming more popular, behind the scene work for their creation started to consisting a lot of professionals help.
Just like today, Jungkook is in the middle of a meeting with some foreigner sound engineer who's going to do some mixing for a song that he made.
The meeting could simply held at their office, but since big hit’s staff want to offer hospitality, they decide to invite them for a dinner like this.

"I understand."
Jungkook really like this kind of meeting, even though he'll just ended up treated as a young boy by everyone, he still can learn a lot.

The meeting wraped up in 20 minutes just like his prediction. The engineers and all of his team decided to visit some tourism spot, accompanied by Big hit's staff.

"Hyung can i not join the tour?" Jungkook has agenda with Yeri and also he doesn’t think it's good for him to join these tours, they will visit crowded place and if people recognized him, things will get hectic.

"Alright then, will you wait for me here?"

"I'll wait, bu if you take too long, i'll just call a taxi or smth." His staff nodding his head and pat Jungkook's back as he left the fancy resatuarant together with the engineer team.

Jungkook take a glance to his phone and there's a message from Yeri, she told him that she's already on her way here. He think it's better to wait inside and order the food in advance, just in case his staff is back here early.
He doesn't have any dating ban from his agency, but still, it'll be lots of work to explain what's going on with him and Yeri. It'll be easier if he's dating her, so he can just told him that, but the fact is, Yeri isn't his girlfriend.

Jungkook is done with reserving the table and their food. He choose a private dining room at 2nd floor because less people is there. He's in the middle of saying thank you to the employee who takes his order, when someone touch his shoulder lightly.

"Long time no see."

"Oh hyung." Jungkook give the person a hug when he sees him.

 

***

 

Lee Jaewon, Jungkook knows him as a hyung who spend a few months with him and other bangtan members as a trainee. He's older than Jin by 2 years. As Jungkook remembers him, Jaewon is never serious on becoming an idol or celebrity.
He is handsome, and he already has everything, both of his parents are rich. After Jin, he's the one who always pay for their food when they were a trainee. There were so many people come and go as a potential members of BTS, in the span of 3 years he spent as a trainee there. 
Jungkook remembers that he always crying everytime someone fired or resign from the agency. Jhope was out once, and he cried a lot with him because of that.

But Jaewon is different. The way he quit is kind of funny for him, he's just packing all his belonging one night, and told them that he's bored by the trainee life and he want to go home. Obviously Jungkook doesn't feel bad about that, so he didn't cry for him.

Time passed by, Jungkook doesn't know what's going on on his life until one day they met him by coincidence in an event, turns out he already taking over one of his parents company. He's a jetsetter now.
And this is the 2nd time Jungkook meets him coincidentally.

"I'm in the middle of dinner with my friends, would you like to join? it feels like forever since the last time i saw you."
It's honestly hard for Jungkook to say no, because Jaewon is always kind to him and he's also kinda miss him. So he said yes to that offer.

Turns out that Jaewon is in the middle of having a huge scale dinner, his table is so near with the entrance, with expensive and fancy foods plus a few bootles of expensive wine on it.  There were like 7 peoples here, all men. Probably 10 or 15 years older than Jungkook.
All of them looks really amazing for him, they're wearing a nice shirt with leather shoes, meanwhile for Jungkook who's just called here in the middle of working on his studio only wearing his leather jacket, with a simple a gray shirt under it. He totally looks like a young boy compared to them.


Jaewon don't bother to introduced him to his friends, and Jungkook thinks it's not necessary either, they probably won't recognized him anyway.

"Hyung, who are these people?"

"Business partners, they're all someone who has money and power. some of them owned advertising company or even an owner from well-known brand. I'll introduced you to them, for celebrities like you, networking with them is a gold mine."
Jungkook nodding his head, he understand what Jaewon means but no thanks he doesn't want it.

"You can talk about it to my agency, you know how we work."

Jaewon give Jungkook a smile, because yes, he understand. All the BTS kids who finally managed to debut is a bunch of naive and kids who only knows about working, performing, and making music. They're never a businessman like him.

"Ya!  Jaewon-ah, as a former trainee, can you give me a suggestion?"
Their conversation was interrupted by someone from the edge of the table, he's probably the oldest here since he talks comfortably with everyone and even with Jaewon,.

"What kind of suggestion you need from me, Mr. Jang?"
Jungkook really wants to leave right now, because he's already lost with their talk about business, investation, sponsorship and stuffs.

"You know, idol to promote my brand, a young, a pretty, and popular.."

Listening to this Jungkook really feels uncomfortable, not that he doesn't aware about some people who involve on this industry and behaving like trash, especially for people who has power and money. But he kinda doesn’t want to learn about these people at all.
Jungkook and BTS in general started from a humble beginning, so more or less, he's aware that his agency worked so hard to promote them, he knows they need to work with this kind of person too sometimes.

Jungkook and s were basically a kid who knows nothing, they only did their job according to what they told to. But at least he’s aware people like them could held a career or a life for people like Jungkook’s.
Your songs got cut, so don't sing this verse, you're called as replacement from this xx group, so you need to be at the venue in less than 15 minutes. In minimal they have control on things like that.

"Do you know that one girl group who was invited to the north korea event?"

"Their agency is big, it's going to be hard to made a deal with them."
Jungkook feels really uncomfortable right now, they seems unaware that he's also an idol, and he's probably knows the people they talked about.

"I'll give them everything as long as i get what i want."
This Mr. Jang is a total jerk, he's now laughing while take a sip of his wine like what he said is not a bull.

"I only need one, give me the youngest, makes sure she's not a minor and still single.."

That's what he said to one of his assistant beside him, who's now busy with his smart phone and Jungkook can clearly heard it.
He's talking about Kim Yeri, his Yeri, even though Jungkook is sure that this Mr. Jang doesn't even know how Yeri looks like or that the girl he's looking for is Yeri, but still this is is enough to makes him mad.

He was ready to leave the scene without any greets for these people when his phone started ringing.
"I'm here, where are you?" It’s Yeri.

Just like Yeri, Jungkook is also have the fearless and stupid side on him, but more than that, he likes something challenging, like he could get provoked to do a dangerous jump from the tallest building in the world with a simple words, and without thinking he'll probably said yes to  that challenge. Jeon Jungkook is dangerous that way.

"I'm inside."

"So i just need to come in then?”

 

***


Yeri cutting off the phone call, when she get an ok from Jungkook. This place is a fancy and expensive restaurant.
It's not a club or something, so Yeri kinda surprised when she was asked for her ID before came in.
Well..she's an adult now, that's not a problem anymore.

The restaurant is even more fancy inside, the decoration looks expensive and glamurous, she should have wear her dress for a place like this.

From afar, he can see Jungkook together with a bunch of peoples she doesn't know. It's not their fellow idols or Jungkook’s friends. All of them looks older than him.

Yeri feels relieved when she find Jungkook is also sitting there wearing his leather jackets and a simple jeans, she's scared for a seconds thinking that he prepared a formal dinner for her. She hesistate to come to him, because he's surrounded by so many people there.
Yeri thinks that maybe it's better to call him first, she's staring at her phone for a while but she already saw Jungkook waving his hand to her, and of course everyone on his table is now looking at her, there are two men who seems recognized her, because they looks surprised.

And when Yeri finally met with Jungkook's eyes, she knows that this is another series of him being annoying.

"Hyung, see you later." Yeri can hear that Jungkook talk to one of the man beside him who also looks surprised with her existence here.
She already stopped caring with other’s stare, and the only thing she sees now is Jungkook.
It's honestly bother her when Jungkook is wrapping his arms around her back while still bowing to all these people. And the only thing Yeri capable on doing right now is following him while give these people a fake and awkward smile.

"It's her."

"What do you mean it's her?"

"The north korean event, the youngest."

That's a conversation she heard from one of the man who seems recognized her as Red Velvet's Yeri at the edge of the table before Jungkook drag her away from them.

 



"You're showing me off."
It's what he did, and Yeri knows it. She doesn't hear any defending argument from him, so of course she's right. Jungkook is eating his food very slowly without giving her any explanation and it's honestly enought to makes Yeri angry.

"I'm not one of your trophies." Yeri still not touching her food, she's busy all day and she skipped lunch, she's hungry before she came here, but now she already lost her appetite.

"I don't think i want to see you right now."  Jungkook stop eating his food when she said that.

"I missed you." His first word, and hearing that Yeri is now back to give him attention. He lost weight since the last time she saw him.
His hair is now is dark brown with a little bit of orange highlight here and there. He looks even more stressed with that.


Jungkook is slowly standing up from his chair while eyes still on her.

"Can..i get a hug?" That's what he said while looking down, and it's honestly not a great sight for Yeri. Something is definitely wrong, he's not a bright and a cheerful Jungkook, he looks different.

Yeri is walking closer to him, and slowly giving him a hug. Jungkook is a big guy, but strange for her right now, he feels really small on her embrace like this.
"What's wrong?" she asked him the question while caressing his back.

Jungkook is not answering her question, but Yeri can feels that he's hugging her tighter because of that question. She’s aware, maybe there are things that he couldn't talk to her, everyone has a secret, sometimes people just need to get comforted.

Yeri letting go of her hug and now use both of her hands to bring Jungkook's face close to her.

"I don't know what's going on and what bothers you, but i know how to makes it better. I learned it in Japan."

 

***


Yeri is probably the fourth or fifth girl Jungkook had kissed on his life. But there's something different about her kiss, maybe because she's the first one who gave him a kiss when he's not a teenager anymore or maybe because Yeri is someone who he likes the most out of  girls on his life before. Things about her just different.

What she gave to him is not a kiss, it was just a quick smooch , and Jungkook can not help but laugh at her when she told him that she learned this.
"Did you learn this?" That's what he ask to Yeri who now lost her smile because of his laugh.

"I know you can do better than this. Keyword, Bali." He said those words while whispering, and it’s honestly annoying for Yeri.
Yeri is now pushing him away, while walking back to her chair.

"I think it is time for me to call what happened in Bali a mistake."

Jungkook is relieved because now Yeri start eating her food, he's aware that she doesn't eat anything since she came here.


"You did good." Jungkook coming to her and give a little pat on her head before he's back to his seat.

Yeri is precious, why would people trash talking about someone like her, treating her as a product where you can choose from a catalogue. It’s something that even Jungkook can not comprehend.

"Who are the peoples from earlier?" Yeri's sudden question makes Jungkook wondering if he should tell her about what happened or not, but looking at her being happy, smiling, enjoying her dinner, he thinks that is better to not bother her with those kind of thoughts.

"Trash."

Jungkook's answer is enough to makes Yeri stopped from chewing her food and studying his expression instead. He does looks unhappy talking about them. And Yeri choose to not talk about them again for the rest of the night.

 

***


Yeri back to her dorm almost midnight, such a roller coaster night for her. But in general she's happy that she get to see Jungkook again.

"So are you dating him now?" Yeri almost cursing to Seulgi and Irene who's suddenly stand there in front of her door.

"No." Yeri talk to them while erasing her make up on her bed. And yeah, it's the truth.

Yeri and Jungkook is probably already give up on giving their relationship a label. If they ever talk to each other, the topic about "are we dating now" is never came up. Looks like they don't care about it anymore.

"But why?"

"I don't know we never talked about it."

"So if you're getting bored or tired with each other, you can just leave without any words? wow, i'm jealous of that freedom." Seulgi is now talk while helping Yeri, taking off her braided crown, and brushing her hair slowly.

"If one of you destined to get hurt because of this little game you play, i hope both of you can handle it well. Just like you, Jungkookie is also a nice kid."
Yeri is now turn her face to Irene who sit on her desk while watching her.

"I'm not playing a game, i like him genuinely."

"You don't decide that yourself."

"Unnie, your words are scary." Yeri nod her head to Seulgi, agreeing with her remarks.

"Kim Yerim is 20 years old, i'm 28 years old obviously i'm more than capable to say that words." Irene left them after pinch Yeri's cheek lightly.

And for Yeri her words is kinda scary indeed.
 




i keep torturing them with conflicts through my story.

but anyway, babies are strong. they'd be fine .lol

 

thanks again for reading :)