Ch : 5

Sweet Escape Pt. 2

This part should've been included on yesterday's update. i don't remember why it's not there. lol

anyway, enjoy.
 



Yeri is totally in a panic mode when she passed by a convenience store near her dorm when she's on her way home after schedule. Jungkook is there, he's sitting there at the front while playing with his phone. She is together with her manager on their car and she glance at him, looks like he doesn't notice.

"Oppa, can you drop me off here? i need to buy something at the store over there." Yeri talks very carefully.

"I'll go with you."

"It's just a few things, i can walk by my self, it's still 8PM now, not too late. I’ll be fine.” 
 He stare at her, and because he doesn't find any suspicious expression from her face, he said yes.

"Be careful, call me if something happened." Yeri nodding her head to him when she get out from the car.

"Don't worry." She's also waving her hand and waiting for his car to left before she's running to the convenience store.

2 minutes run and she finally reach the store.
Her eye sight is really remarkable, because it is indeed Jeon Jungkook. He's sitting there like your average boys next door, without any fancy styling on his clothes or his hair. Yeri walks to him very slowly, because she's enjoying her sight of him like this.

"When i told you that i want to keep seeing you, i didn't mean it literally."  That's what she said while sit in front of him and give him a quick smile. He looks surprised but replying her smile with a small laugh.

"How long have you been here?" Yeri can really see how exhausted he is from his face only. Make up and camera lighting could hide his tired face, but seeing him close like this, it's actually obvious his sleep and rest sechedule is a mess.

"I watched your stage earlier." Yeri talk to him while talking a glance to the store. Noone is inside, just the employee.

Yeri can sense that something is not right, when Jungkook is not responding her words and only stare at her with while put his phone back to the table in front of him.

"Kim Ye Rim, you..are you being sincere with me right now?"

That's a sudden question, and Yeri honestly feels overwhelming by all of this, words he said, things he did, affection he gave to her. This is her first time to actually involve with someone whose not her family or her members this close. And also she really needs to take a note that this is his first time calling her name like that.

" Are you playing with me or something?" He talks with a non serious manner. He even laughs while saying it, but Yeri doesn't like that question.

"What do you mean?" Her voice come out unfriendly, and she also notice it.

"I used you. You knew, and you didn't even bothered by it?"

Yeri knows exactly what he means, looks like V or Jimin already told him about their encounter with Yeri few weeks ago. And for Yeri, she has reasons to not tell Jungkook about it at first.
She was trying to safe herself.

Yeri thought that her knowing Jungkook was playing with her and basically treat her as a bet for his meaningless game can be use as an excuse to cut Jungkook off from her life.
She thought that she has nothing for Jungkook, she thought that what happened in Bali should just end up as nothing but a faded memories, she thought that she'll be fine without him around, so when one day Jungkook come to her demanding something. She can shut Jungkook off with his mistakes for using her.
But reality teach her otherwise. Jungkook is not nothing, Bali is not a faded memories, and she never want to cut Jungkook off of her life.

"I am bothered. I don't like being used. I want to see you and get angry to you too."

"But you didn't. why?"

"Because that means i need to see you, and i already told you that i was scared."
Yeri knows that Jungkook is far from satisfied by her answer.

"Why are you scared by so many things?"

Yeri is not answering, because honestly she doesn't know.

"Which part of "this is my first time, i don't know how to deal with this" that you don't understand?" She ended up answering him with tons of sarcasm.

Being around people, cared, loved, and appreciated is honestly not a new thing for Yeri. But what she experienced with Jungkook right now is not the same with that.
Jungkook receive her sarcasm well, because now he's becoming more relaxed and looking at her in such a funny way, he's mocking her for being such a noob on things like this.

"To make it simple, are you being kind to me because you're planning some sort of revenge or playing a similiar game so you can used me just like i used you."
This is Jungkook's nature, being wary about people who try to be close with him. Wondering if they actually appreciate his real him or trying to get close with him expecting something in return.

He's aware that after what happened, Yeri doesn't deserved all his doubts, but again..if Yeri thinking one week is not enough for her to learn about him, then Jungkook also free to think that one week is not enough to trust Yeri 100%.

Yeri looks offended because she’s now staring at him with her big eyes and ready to throw some insults to his face.

"You're really looks down on me."

"If you think one week trip is not enough for us to learn about each other, then why should i trust you?" She's the one who raise her voice to him first, and now he's doing the same.

Yeri is already tired after a long day, and this conversation is probably the last thing she want to hear from Jungkook right now.

 

***


He really needs sleep, that's what Jungkook's thought when he realized that a simple visit he choose to do for Yeri turns into a childish argument.

"I don't want to fight." Jungkook thinks that he probably should listen to V and Jimin regarding his limit. Everyone is becoming sensitive when they're tired, him included.

Yeri doesn't want a fight either, but Jungkook is the one who initiated its first. He's so childish and its kinda makes her miss the gentle and matured Jungkook who’s spent his time together with her back in Bali
.
"I'm tired. Let's talk later." Yeri get up from her sit, while wearing her sling bag, she should have went straight home.

Honestly, Yeri doesn't really want to leave, because she'll be spending her time for full schedules in Japan, she's going to promote her new album there, also attending events, and stuffs. So of course tonight will be her last chance to see Jungkook till next month, but since things already ended up like this plus she's also tired and annoyed too, maybe a break from him is needed.

It's also obvious to Jungkook that Yeri is angry with the situation. It's easy to read through her, she's not better than him on hiding expression and emotions despite being an idol just like himself. And when she decide to leave, Jungkook already made up his mind to let her go, because he’s also don't want this kind of interaction happened between them.

But again Yeri is special for a reason. Despite being annoyed and angry to him, she's still stopped and give Jungkook a few packs of red ginseng from her sling bag. And put it straight to his hands.

Yeri took the red ginseng from one of her vocal trainer earlier today, Jungkook looks extremely exhausted, especially in the middle of promotion like this. Every idols need this, so she choose to give it to him, without any words because she's still annoyed by him.

"A simple yes or no will do.."

Yeri stopped from her walk, when Jungkook grab her sling bag and makes it fall from her shoulder. She knows what he means, it must be about her being sincere.

For Yeri, if she says yes right now to him, with the fact that she's in the middle of being angry to him, she’s afraid the answer will come out as a lie.

Yeri is back to him, and now Jungkook is also get up from his sit, standing tall in front of her who's only wearing her sneakers.

"Then right now, you're being such a jerk, figthing with me and doubting me. Is this you being sincere?"
That's honestly a good question, and Yeri knows it'll be hard for Jungkook to answer, that’s what she thought.  But turns out that the fact Jungkook is older than her, and probably involved with a bunch of girls in such a romantic way long before Yeri, is making her lose this fight.

Yeri doesn't remember how he did it, but now his hand is already on her waist pulling her closer to him. Even with his red eyes, messy hair, and tired face, the only thing Yeri see in front of her is Jungkook who is even more handsome than the Jungkook she watched on music show earlier today.
There's something about his eyes and the way he stare at people, at Yeri.

"If you want to do something, i think you should think twice about it.”

Yeri's hand is on his shoulder right now, she's talking while looking around. And yeah, Jungkook really needs to think through for this, because this is not their hotel room in Bali anymore.
There's middle aged man on the counter doing their job inside the store.

Yeri can hear a little laugh from Jungkook, his eyes still focusing on hers and now he's laughing even harder while holding her face with both of his hands. He really treats her like a kid.

"I wasn't going to do anything." That's what he said when Yeri pulls herself from him and being embarassed.

"Come on, Oppa will drop you home." He's still teasing her and now offering his hands and ask Yeri to walk together with him. Yeri shakes her head quickly, because really, tonight Jungkook is so annoying.

"My home is right there, i can walk by my self."
It's probably no longer than 10 minutes slow walk from the convenience store to her dorm.

"You could tell me about your day while we walk, let's go Yerim-ssi."
He's so cute calling her name like that, so of course Yeri lose again this time, so she decide takes his hand and now start walking together with him.

 

***


"Nothing exciting happened today." Jungkook heard Yeri finally talk to him after one minute of silent walking. She talks without looking at him, she’s staring at her sneakers as its moving instead.

"Did someone bothers you or making you unhappy today?"
Jungkook stopped from his walk when Yeri suddenly pull his arms, and now give him a deep stare.

"Nope. Just you." That's what she said before she give Jungkook a smile. That one smile she always showed him back in Bali. Probably one of her traits that he missed the most when she’s still ignoring him a few months ago.

"We're really bickering like kids." Jungkook can't help but smiling a long with her when she said that. Because yes, indeed, their fight is far from mature.

"Your fault."

"I'm younger, doesn't means that i'm more childish than you." Jungkook obviously agree with that, because he knows himself well. He feels like his mentality about real life already stopped when he becames a trainee, for the past 8 years he only thinks about working.


"Did i just forgive you, because you give me a hug? I'm so easy, right?" and now Yeri continuing her talk while back to focusing her stare to the ground. It's only a few
meters away from the front gate of Yeri's dorm.

“ That's why i ran away from you." Her talk becoming serious suddenly, and Jungkook noticed it, because now he's the one who’s stopping their walk.

"Do you regret it?" He asked Yeri thatquestion while being careful, afraid that her answer will come out as a yes. She's not answering his question, and now dragging him back to walk.

Not until they reach her dorm that Yeri begins to talk again.

"I do regret it. I should've come to you sooner, I should've try to learn about you sooner."
Yeri really deserve the title of everyone’s favorite, like it's totally makes sense if everyone likes her. She really good with this kind of thing, she knows how to make people happy. Makes him happy.

“That’s quite good for someone who’s claiming to know nothing all the time.” Jungkook told her that while staring at her close .
 

***


"Kim Ye rim and you.." Yeri turns her face in shock when someone calling her name from the other side of the gate.
It's Joy, she's here on her pajamas while holding her phone. Right, it's her day off today.

"Jungkookie..you, i'll tell Taehyung oppa you're here." It's quite obvious for Yeri, that she's more interested with Jungkook instead of her.

"He knew i'm here."

"Really?" Joy is definitely not believe him, but Jungkook seems confidence.

"Yes, you can ask him, if you don't believe me."
Joy started to give up when he said that. And now she changes her focus to Yeri.

"You're not running away from manager oppa, right?" She asked that question with such a gentle voice, and with that Jungkook can sense that Yeri already did that before.

"No." Yeri's answer is short.

"Then, i'll see you around."  Jungkook is finally letting go of Yeri's hands while push her shoulder lightly to the door.

"Let’s go, Yerim-ah, we need to get ready at dawn tomorrow. Thank you for dropping her off, Jungkook-ssi." Yeri can heard Joy’s voice clearly, she can even see that she gives Jungkook a smile and waving her hands to him.

"I'll come inside later, unnie, you go first."

Joy really feels bertrayed by Yeri, because right now she's talking to her but both of her eyes are still on Jungkook. It's like Yeri is in the middle of letting her know that she's so into Jungkook. And Joy knows she has no toher choice but to let her be.

"Alright. See you around Jungkookie."

"Yes."

Jungkook waited until Joy entering the building before he's back to Yeri again.
"what happened?"

"I'm still not answering your question." Jungkook give her a smile and a little pat on her shoulder.

"Just forget it, i was being sensitive earlier, you just need to know that i am being sincere right now with you."
Jeon Jungkook is totally unaware of his capability to makes Yeri, fluttered and confused, just 10 minutes ago, he's being annoying, making her angry and stuffs, meanwhile right now..

"The answer is yes. A simple yes."

Even though, Yeri is not sure how far she's willing to accept Jungkook and all his traits, good or bad, at least for now..she's genuinely like him and happy with him being around.

"Thank you." He's replying her with a simple thanks and even with that Yeri is already content.

 



Thanks for reading :)