Ch : 12

Sweet Escape Pt. 2


"I was fell to the ground when i was trying to take a pictures from a huge tree."

Jungkook just wake up from his sleep when he is now surrounded by all of his hyungs. He doesn’t remember how many times he said that since yesterday, so many people asked him about what happened. His hyungs said that they almost called a police when they find him passed out on his car in front of their dorm.

"Do you actually expect us to believe that?"
Actually, not. It's just, Jungkook doesn't know what to say to them after what happened. He never has plan to let people know about what he did.

"So you tell me that you're trying to take a picture from a tree for your golden closet collection in a suit and you fell from that tree?" Jungkook is nodding his head slowly. That's a stupid made up story, he knows.

"You have bruises on your upper body and your back.."
Well, he doesn't need people to let him know that, because he can feel the pain caused by those bruises himself.

"Your story doesn't really makes sense at all.."

"Don't force him to talk. "

If Jungkook is not on his bed right now, he's going to hug Hoseok and  say thank you to him for being on his side at times like this.

"But you just need to know that we can't help your problem when we don't know what actually happened." Hoseok and his intimidating wise words.
Now all of them are staring at him, waiting for him to talk.

"I fell from a tree." Jungkook talks to them and give them a smile.

Everyone is understand that he already made his choice. Jimin and V will try to talk to him later but at least for now, they're aware that their maknae is firm with his choice.

 

***


"Yerimie. wait" Irene and Joy are  struggling to catching Yeri up on the hospital lobby. She's walking really fast, near running.

"You shouldn't have told his room number before we actually reach there." Irene is nagging to Joy while still walking fast.  Lucky for them they can hold Yeri’s arms and told her to stop calm down.

"This is a public place." Yeri seems understand with what Irene said, so she finally slowing down her walk, while holding hands with both of her unnies.

"It's here." Yeri looks up to the door with a number on it. Joy is right. It's here.

She's really afraid for opening that door right now, it's obvious Jungkook get hurt because of her, it's been 2 days, and she knows nothing about it. Just what kind of person she is for torturing him like this.

"Should i knock?" Yeri is turning her face to Irene behind her.

"I think you should."

Yeri is already holding the handle, when someone else is opening the door from the other side. Three of them are really surprised by it, because right now a tall figure is standing in front of them.

Irene know Seokjin since last year when they woth worked as an mc for music festival, so she give him a smile when their eyes meet.

"oh..annyeonghaseyo.." He greets her back while being confused.

"Who is it hyung?" Yeri can heard voice from the inside, it's not Jungkook's but someone else's.

Jin is famous for having a broad shoulder and tall figure, for a small Yeri, he basically blocking all her sight, she can’t see what happened inside the room, and when he finally walking away from the door. Yeri finally can see everything, Jimin and V, and the other member of BTS. With Jungkook who’s also there wearing the hospital uniform, sitting on his bed, staring at her, with an infus attached to his wrist, and a bruises on the corner of his lips.

At that moment, all of her sight is becoming blurry, and the only thing she can see is Jungkook.
So of course, Yeri who's supposed to be embarassed and probably need to beg for a forgiveness from Jungkook and all his hyungs after being responsible to makes Jungkook hurt is already lost all her senses.


Yeri is letting go of Irene's hands and she even pushed Seokjin away from the door. This is their first meeting and Jin is older than her by 7 years, but Yeri still pushed him away without any words or greets.

"I told her about you." Taehyung is now whispering close to Jungkook's ears when he watched Yeri walking to their way.

Jungkook has no plan to tell Yeri about this either. He just feels that he need to do something for her. She's get into trouble because of him, and obviously he doesn't want her to deal with Jang Ki Young. Yeri is someone who actually give him a chance to becoming more dependable and responsible. She let him learn to put faith and trust to people. She's a nice person and she doesn't deserve to suffers.

"She's crazy." Joy is whispering that word to Irene very slowly.
They can't believe that Yeri can actually do this, there's 5 members of BTS inside that room, excluding Jungkook on his bed and Seokjin who is now together with them at the door. She’s ignoring all of them, not even a smile, a greet, or a simple hello she gave to them. Nothing.

"Didn't she told us, that she doesn't think she has a crush on any of her male friends few months ago? she also said that she won't fall in love before she finally makes all her dreams come true? She even refuse to sing or to write a love song because she doesn't know a thing about it? What is she doing right now really shows the opposites.”

Joy talks fast, and Irene can only stare at her, everything she said is true, all of it. But again, she already knows that Yeri or Jungkook don't decide what kind of feelings they have for each other.

"People changes." Irene just give a short answer for Joy's confusion.

"Most people don't."

"Some people does."

Irene can't help but studying all of Jungkook's hyungs inside the room, when Yeri is standing in front of him and star giving him a hug.

"You're right. she's crazy." That's what she said to Joy, agreeing with her remarks earlier.

Yeri giving Jungkook a hug, because she feels really sorry about what happened and she also miss him.

"I am fine." Yeri can heard Jungkook who is now talking while patting her back. His conditions is far from fine.

He was flinched when Yeri give him a hug, that means he is still hurting and feels pain in all over his body. He's also winced when Yeri touch his back. He's literally in so much pain, and of course Yeri is aware that this is her fault.

"I'll guard the door." Jungkook can't help but giggling and feels thankful when he heard oongi said that and getting out from the room after, all of his hyungs is now following him.

He can also see Irene and Joy who's awkwardly give them a greeting before V shut the door for him. And here he is again, together with Yeri inside their small escape plan.

 

***


"I was fell from a tree.."

"I know what happened. Don't lie to me." Yeri is now letting go of him from her arms very slowly, looks like she's aware that Jungkook is still in pain.

"How did you know?"
Yeri can see that Jungkook is not expecting her to know and has no plan to actually let her know, and it's actually makes her feels bad.

"Is this a revenge? because i didn't tell you about meeting Mr. Jang and now you did the exact same thing?"

"I didn't" Jungkook is now helping Yeri to wipe her tears that won't stop flowing.

"Then why did you do that?"

"I did something stupid, so of course i have no plan to let people know about it."

"Not even me?"

"Especially you." Yeri is now sit on the edge of his bed, she hold his hands.

"But why?"

"Aren't you tired? there's no time when you didn't cry everytime you saw me. It's honestly exhausting for me."

"You're exaggerating. I’m not always crying when I see you." Yeri is now trying really hard to stop crying, she close her eyes and fanning it with her hand. Jungkook is already here, laying down in the hospital, what's the point of her tears anyway.

"I didn't do it for you, i did that because i don't like Jang Ki Young personally."

"So you met him."

"I did."

"And you got hit." Yeri talk while staring at his wound, basically, there were some bruises on his arms, and her bottom lips is also injured, a trace of blood is there.

"I did." He is answering her question without any hesistation.

"Good" Yeri give Jungkook a kiss on his lips and give him a smile after ward.

"What do you mean it's good that i got hit?"
Jungkook feels a little bit better now, seeing Yeri who's back with her smile while teasing him.

"It's good, because whatever you did to him. It's worked for me. My contract with him was cancelled."

Jungkook know that his effort will work and Jang Ki Young will give up in the end. But he wasn't expecting that he’ll surrender this quick.

"You can tell me that what you did is for your own sake and not mine, but i'm also free to think that you're hurting is my fault."

"No it's not your fault." Yeri is now rolling her eyes to him.

"I told you that my encounter with Jang ki young is not your fault, but what did you do? you're coming to him, got beaten up, and now you're here arguing with me, weak and hurt."

Kim Yerim is always the best at this. Her words is always fascinating. She doesn't talk sweet to him but Jungkook love hearing her talking about this thing too, her nag, her complains, her shade. Or maybe he just simply love everything about Yeri.

"Do me a favor." Jungkook is now holding Yeri's face, forcing her to stare at his eyes as they talk.

"Don't ever talk about this to anyone."

"Why?"

"Mr. Jang is a crazy person, you should act like you didn't know about this either."

Yeri can see that Jungkook is serious about this. The talk they have about Mr. Jang still makes him uncomfortable, there's fears on his eyes.
And that moment, Yeri is realized what Jungkook just experienced is probably one of the worst moment on his life. His lips is trembling when he said Mr. Jang’s name.

"I understand." Yeri can't help but nod her head after seeing that.

"Ok, let’s practice..why did i get hurt?"

"Can you at least makes a better story than fell off of a huge tree. That's sounds really stupid. I feel embarassed saying that."

Yeri try to make the situation is less serious because honestly, seeing Jungkook being afraid by someone who isn't even here really makes Yeri feels guilty. The strong, brave, and dependable Jungkook is now hurting like this because of her.

"You're really like my vitamin. I’m already getting better now" Jungkook said that while pulling Yeri back to his embrace. He can laugh again finally.

 

***

 

"Yerim, let's go." Yeri is in the middle of playing some games on her phone together with Jungkook when Irene and Joy entering the room, followed by Jimin and Jin are behind them. Jungkook stare at Yeri who is now sitting on a chair beside his bed, he knows that she doesn't want to leave.


"Yeri is not going."
Yeri can see that everyone is staring at Jungkook right now. Joy and Irene is totally not amused by what he said.

"Are you going to stay here?" Now Jin is the one who's asking her. He sounds so kind and gentle, so different with how Jungkook talks to her when they first met.

"Can i do that?"

"Yes, you can." It's Jungkook again who's answering her question.

"No, she can't." Irene is now walking closer to Yeri and told her to get up from her sit with her eyes.
Jungkook looks intimidated by the way Irene talk to him, because he's now staring to his hyungs asking for support. Yeri  too, without she realized, she hopes that at least Jin and Jimin will let her stay.

"She can stay. One of us will drive her home later." Yeri is smiling so wide when Jimin said that.

"That's not needed, we'll take her home right now.”
Irene is strict with this, they've been out for a few hours now. It's already a night time. Even though they don't have schedule for tomorrow, it's just doesn't sounds right to let Yeri stay here.

"Unnie..please."

"Noona..please."

Irene like kids, kids are cute, Yeri and Jungkok are kids for her and yes they're cute. But still, kids aren't supposed to spend their time together for so many times like this.

"Don't worry, noone will know she's here."

Jin is now talking to her, she's a little bit bummed by the way Jin and Jimin behaving right now.
Why would they want Yeri to be here? It's not like Jungkook is going to die so Yeri should be here with him for a last farewell. She choose to ignore him in the end, and now she's switch her focus back to Yeri.

"Give me one reason to why should i let you stay here?"
Irene won't accept reasons such as, i love him, i like him, i want to hug him, he is handsome, or something cliche like that.

"Jungkook oppa saved my life."

Joy can not help but holding her laughter hearing that. She can see Jimin is also doing the same in front of her. But when she see Jungkook's expression, she knows that what Yeri said is probably not some exaggerating cringy stuff but a real thing. So she decide to grab Irene's arms, dragging her away from Yeri.

"Unnie, i don't think we can win her right now. Let's just leave."
Irene is somehow agree with what Joy said.

"Sorry for the inconvenience. we'll leave first then." She talk to Jin while bowing her head.

"Behave, Kim Ye rim."

Yeri is not doing anything beside give Irene and Joy a nod. Things is so chaotic for her since her encounter with Mr. Jang. Probably one day, when everything is back to its condition she'll tell them about it.

 

***

"Me and Jimin will buy some food, do you want something? our manager won't be here till tomorrow morning, so you don't need to be afraid if someone will see you here."

One doctor and one nurse just finished checking up Jungkook and his condition when Jin offer Yeri a dinner.

"It's ok.."

He looks really tired, honestly, all of BTS members looks really tired and exhausted right now. As a public figure herself and an idol herself, Yeri knows exactly how messed up is their situation when they find Jungkook passed out with bruises all over his body suddenly.
Jungkook told her that he was unconsius for few minutes after he came here. Just how scared and stressed all of them when that happened.

Yeri feels like she really need to bowing her head to all of them, including everyone on Jungkook's agency. The past 2 days must be a living hell for them. And its totally shown on their face, when Yeri saw all of them earlier, she can not differentiate the reason of their swollen eyes, it's probably because they're crying hard or maybe because they lack sleep.

"I can stay here, you can take a rest. I'll stay here with him." Both of them now turn around to watch Jungkook, who's taking a nap on his bed.

"Well..i'll be thankful if you're willing to do that."

Sugarcoating. Yeri thinks that Jin is not actually comfortable to let Yeri taking care of Jungkook or even just stay here with him alone for some times.

"I'm good at taking care people."

Jin thought that everything Jungkook and Yeri has together is definitely something more than just a fling or a some relationship. He saw how they’re interact , and they're actually good at taking care of each other.

"I'm not saying you're bad at it."
Jin already saw how Yeri is talking with Irene and Joy earlier, and he can conclude that she is not so different with Jungkook. The way she talks, her confidence, her way to expressing what she wants. It’s like a total copy paste of Jungkook.

"Then you don't need to worry about him, while i'm here."

Yeri is determined, she knows, and because of that she's afraid if Jin will get annoyed by her behaviour, but she’s glad because it doesn't seems like it, he's laughing at her right now.

"Do you know what happened to Jungkookie?"
That's a sudden question, and since Yeri already made a promise with Jungkook regarding this, she choose to told Jin a lie.

"He fell from a tree.."

"He told you to lie, right?"
Yeri is blinking her eyes, when Jimin suddenly standing beside her. Looks like Jungkook is really bad at lying to his hyung, because they don't seems to believe him at all.

"That's what he told me.
Yeri is better than Jungkook at lying , because Jimin and Jungkook seems buying her story.

"And do you trust him? his story is so stupid."
Well..yeah Yeri is totally agree with that.

"I should trust him, since all of you don't, at least one person needs to be good to a sick person, right?"
Jimin and Jin is now looking at her. They don't looks amused by her words, but they also don't hates what she said.

"Fine. You can stay."
Yeri give both of them a smile and a big bow to them. They're so easy to persuaded to be honest.

 



Thanks for reading.