Ch : 10

Sweet Escape Pt. 2

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeri doesn't like dealing with people when they're angry or grumpy, so of course same thing applied to Jungkook. She doesn't want to deal with him right now. But then she remember that Jungkook already dealt with her moody self for so many times.
At least, she needs to makes some compromise on this.

Jungkook bring his car again, he's getting inside it first, and it's obvious to Yeri that he want her to hopped in too. So she did.
Judging from the road he takes, Yeri realized that he's going to his brother's officetel again.

 Jungkook doesn't say anything, he's really quiet, only Yeri is trying to make some noises while turning on his car audio player and play some music through it.
If yesterday, they don't talk and Yeri focusing her eyes into the road, now she choose to stare at Jungkook who's driving beside her.  If he doesn't want to talk, at least she deserves this sight of him.


Yeri remember all things people said about him when she learn about him before Bali, most of popular post on internet is about him being cute, his relationship with his hyung, his sweet gesture to his fans, how talented he is, how handsome he is, and some negative posts she can’t recall.

Even one day Joy asked her about what she likes from Jungkook. Joy told her that  Jungkook is handsome and phsysically attractive, but she doesn’t think that she can see him as a man when she kept hearing things about him being a baby boy. So many times Taehyung and all BTS members talk about our Jungkookie did this and that, not to mention that he's a total homebody. hard to approach, and only being weird and comfortable to people who close with him.

But Yeri is disagree with her, yes Jungkook is behaving like kid sometimes, but Jungkook that Yeri see is 10% cute and 90% dependable, brave, responsible, and good at protecting her. Maybe because he's older than her, but there were so many times when he gave her couraging words or simply solving her problems. Like he knows all the answer about things that she wants to know.

 

***

"We're here." Yeri is back to reality when Jungkook start talking, he's getting out from the car and Yeri following him really quick.  Let alone opening the door for her, Jungkook doesn’t even waiting for her and get into the elevator first.
And this is part where he behaving like kid.

It's fortunate to Yeri that even when she came here drunk last night, she still remembers the exact floor.
"I don't want to come inside, if you're still angry." That's what Yeri said when she finally stand in front of him.

"I don't even know if i deserve to get angry right now."
That's remarks is confusing, so Yeri choose to hear him out and following him inside. He is walking toward the living room and turning on its light. There's a bunch of papers on the table.

 Jungkook is standing near the couch and Yeri is busy guessing his thoughts.

"Why didn't you tell me about Jang Ki Young?" Jungkook is now talking to her, eyes on her, they're standing far from each other.

Jang Ki Young  is Mr. Jang, Yeri only find out about his full name today, from the paper work her manager sent her. And this question from Jungkook, she doesn't know how to answer.

"He is a trash."
Jungkook is now giving her a bunch of paper from the table, telling her to read. Jaewon gave it to him this morning.
It's a few articles or reports since 5 years ago until today, nothing special, only a few report about this singer, this actor, this actress, and that model who decided to retired from the industry, or got their contract terminated by their agency, just usual information.

"He did all of this." Yeri lift her face to Jungkook who's now covering his face with both of his hands, his voice is weak, unsure, and Yeri can tell how scared he is because of this.

"He comes to you because of me. And you didn't even tell me that. Why?"

"I just..."

"I’m not worthy of that talk? Doyou think that telling me is no use? Because i don't even have capability to help you out.”
It's not that. He's building a narrative for himself.

"I ruined you, this is my fault, and last night, what did you do? you hugged me, you kissed me, you told me that you're happy.
 At this point i don't know if you're just simply too naive or great at acting."

That's really show how much a hurtfeeling and scare could affect people. What Jungkook has right now is nothing but fear and guilt.
what will happen to Yeri now, what will happen to him, why did he do it, why did he showing Yeri off to these peoples, he should have keep her as a hidden treasure of his life, she's not a trophy that he won from some sort competition.

"All of this happened because of Jungkookie oppa, I suffered bc of him, he's so stupid i should have hit his head with something, so he'll be less stupid than this.." Yeri is now talking to him after put the paper from earlier back to the table.

"I had those thoughts too.." And now she’s taking a few step back from him.

"But does this ever crossed your mind?” Yeri lift her face to Jungkook and give him a bitter smile.

“ That i was so happy to be around you, and i don't want to ruin it. That i already tired with my troublesome life, and you are there as my safe heaven."

Jungkook even feel more gulilty hearing that.  For him too, he always treat Yeri as an escape from his complicated life, and escape that provide nothing but comfort. But it’s seriously makes him feel guilty when the same Yeri was get into trouble because of his careless self, and she didn’t even talk to him about it. At all.

"Call it naive or acting but that's the way i see you."

Yeri’s tears is already drained out, she's already give up over this problem. Let's just live and what happens will happens, that’s what she thought.

"We're done talking, right?" 

"I just want you to be honest, is that hard?"

"I didn't lie, what i told you, Everything is true."


It’s not like Yeri is not aware about this part of Jungkook, she knows that he’s not good at putting faith to people. He’s insecure about his relationship with others, he’s always wary over everyone who try to get close with him. And Jungkook being popular, where everybody only compliment him and telling him good stuffs is also makes everything worse. He thought that people only like the Jungkook that is perfect.

But after what they’ve been through together for the past few months, Yeri think that she doesn’t deserves those kind of doubts from Jungkook.

Yeri can’t help but laugh at the situation, this is so absurd, wasn’t it yesterday that he kissed her on that kitchen, giving her a hug, calling her pretty, making her food and all those romantic stuff he did for her, everything, only for him to calling her a liar tonight.

“Meeting you is a mistake, Offering you a trip to Bali is a mistake, Asking you to be my friend is a mistake, You are a mistake.. “

Jungkook can see that little smile from Yeri before she said those words. And the way she talk to him is.. he’s not hurt by those words, he just feels guilty to her.

“That’s what you want to hear from me, right? There.  I said it.”

Yeri is walking to the door very quickly, one minute and she knows that she’s going to cry like a kid in front of him again. She try to look for her phone on her bag, maybe calling her manager to picking her up right now is her best choice, she’ll just explain about it later.

She finally found her phone and ready to getting out from this place when she found Jungkook is there standing tall in front of the door, while holding the handle with his arm.

 

***

 

Yeri and her tears is never Jungkook’s favorite sight. Never.

“I’ll scream if you don’t let me out.” She already crying and now talking while wiping her tears.

Yeri letting out a groan, when Jungkook is not moving from his position, she hit his arms with her bag a few times while still crying. She’s angry, sad, and frustrated.

Her attempt to getting out from this place is falied so many times, she even threaten Jungkook to call the police and her managers and told them that he’s kidnapping her. But she didn’t do it, till she gave up. She throws her bag to Jungkook and it hits both of his stomach and his chest.

“I hate you.” She’s now walking away from the door while still crying covering her face.

Yeri knows that she never actually want to leave. She just tired and hurts by the way things turn out right now. So when Jungkook finally move from the door and come to her after picking up her bag, and now opening the door for her, Yeri is doing nothing.

“One last chance, this door won’t be opening until I said so after this.”

Jeon Jungkook and his words, Yeri feel grateful to herself because she still has some logic left. She decide to walking to the door after stopped from her cries and wiping her tears quickly.
She’s already in front of  the opening door, and she choose to give Jungkook a stare on her way out, the “I’m sorry for what happened tonight, I might be acting like a jerk, but you did too.” type of stare.

“Nope. I changed my mind.” He basically close the door in front of her face, like it’s not the most annoying thing ever. He’s playing like a kid and Yeri don’t like it.

Jungkook feels sorry to Yeri after what he did, but it has to be done.  he is now linking his arms into her small body and give her a hug.

 “I was going to go home.”

“Can we spend times together, just like last night?” Yeri is now smiling on when she heard that sentence.

“I was drunk yesterday, I don’t remember… anything.”

Yeri can heard that Jungkook is laughing because of what she said. She pulls herself from him, because well...Yeri doesn't like what he said and what he did. She's supposed to be angry.

"I need to go." She reach the door’s handles, but Jungkook stopping her.

"We have so many things to talked about. Don't go.."

 




Kim Yerim is probably Jungkook's most favorite person right now. Even after what he did and said to her, after she cried, she still listens to him when he told her to stay.
And now he's watching her prepared some food for him back on his kitchen, because he told her that he hasn't eat anything since this morning.

"Weren't you the one who told me to stay away from this kitchen last night?"

Yeri is still here because she feels bad. Jungkook really looks like a lost puppy when he told her to stay. If Yeri who usually doesn't really care about what will happened on her life, an adventerous type of person, feels scary and hopeless over the troubles with Mr. Jang,
She can not imagine what kind of horror Jungkook need to face, he is someone who always careful, trying hard to not making any mistake or making others suffers . He's always insecure about what he did wrong on his life, and Yeri doesn't want him to get hurt over those thoughts.

"Thank you for doing this." His words coming out weak, so different with him yesterday.

"You don't drink coffee, right?" Yeri already finished prepared two plates of egg ommelet, both for her and Jungkook.
She's in the middle of using the coffee machine to makes two glasses of it for her anda Jungkook when she remembers that he doesn't like coffee.
Jungkook's preference is sometimes like a kid, both on his food and his drink.  She was picking up this information from Bali.

"How do you know that?"

"I paid attention." Yeri give him a full glass of low fat milk that she found from the fridge instead.

"Do you really think that i'm a mistake?"
Yeri is amused by his question, she thought that they already done with their argument about this.

"Well..yeah. on that brief moment…You know i don't like to fight, not with my unnies, not with my sisters at home, not with you."

"I think i deserve more than just a hit with your small bag after what i did to you."

Jungkook is now no longer watching her, he just put his head down to the table kitchen while hold Yeri's hand and pull it closer to the back of his head.

"You can hit me as much as you want.”

And Yeri pull her hands from him immediately.

"This is why i don't want to talk to you about this matter." Jungkook is now back to staring at Yeri, who looks as tired as him, as confused as him, as scared as him.

"You keep blaming yourself."

"Then whose fault is that?"

"I don't know, if we get back it's probably mine, because i said yes to your dinner offers that night, and if we get back a liitle bit far, maybe it's becuase of my unnies and my managers who let me go to grab a drink by myself on music show backstage so i met you there, or maybe it's V and Jimin's oppa fault because they suggested that stupid game to you few months ago…”

"No. It's totally my fault." Yeri stopped from talking because of that one sentence from Jungkook. He made it clear to her that he doesn't want to hear any other opinion regarding this.

Yeri is now walking to his way, and standing in front of him, she hold his shoulder and making him turn his face to her.

"Just stop blaming yourself, i don't want you to get hurt." Yeri is now caressing his messy hair and bringing him closer to her. He is so pitiful, Yeri is sure that Jungkook never thinking about asking help from anyone regarding this. Not his hyungs, his staffs, his agency, his fans, he probably never thought to ask Yeri about any way from this either.

"Do you remember that one night in Bali, when you threaten me to sleep with you?"
Jungkook is now hugging her and Yeri is resting her chin on top of his head while patting his back, hoping that her hug could makes him feel better.

"I never did that.” Jungkook talks with another questionable choice of words, people will misunderstand if they heard it.

"Wanna do that again?" He push Yeri away and now looking up to her while give her a smile.

"Why? Do you want to build another tower of pillow beside me?"

"No, i'll hug you in my sleep this time."

 

***

 

Yeri thought that Jungkook will actually hugging her while she's trying to sleep, turns out it's just his way to interrogate her about Mr. Jang .

"When did you met him?"

"Yesterday." Yeri is already closing her eyes, her back is facing Jungkook, who's holding her on his arms.

"What did he say to you?"

“ We didn’t talk to each other, before we’re going to sleep back in Bali." Yeri turn her body to Jungkook, who's only smiling hearing her complains.

"Do you want to quit your job and stay here instead?”

"How much money do you have right now?" Yeri is now bring herself closer to him.

"Why? do you want a bigger place than this officetel?"

"My contract termination fee is really huge, and of course i'll ask you to pay for that.." A pretty and hilarious Yeri, Jungkook really likes it, when she’s telling him absurd and weird things like this.

"Did you cry? after your meeting with Jang Ki young?”

"I cried."

"I'm sorry." Jungkook is caressing her cheeks and Yeri can see that he really is feel sorry.

"He told me that you're showing me off back then is you disrespesting him in front of his colleagues"

"Funny. He's the one who has no respect for you whatsoever, and he calling me out for being rude?" Yeri can't understand what he means, so she get up from her sleep, and now sitting on the bed while hugging her pillow.

"What are you talking about?"

"He was already have plan to coming after you, even before i'm showing you off or anything."

Now Jungkook is sit in front of her, Yeri still not following his words because it's confusing.

"Right before you came, he already talked about escorting you, he told his assistant to make a contact with the youngest, not a minor, and a single member of girl group who attended the north korea event. It's obviously you.."
Jungkook talk really quickly, but through that at least Yeri understand the situation, Jang ki young really is a trash.

"I was so angry because they talked about my Yeri like that.."

"Time out. I'm not belong to anyone, don't go around calling me as your own property." Jungkook doesn't realized that he just called Y like that, but anyway..it's not that serious. She's overreacting.

"You're tyring so hard to be edgy on that." For Yeri, Jungkook is so cute, when he's pouting his lips over something he doesn't like. Just llike her complain.

"Anyway, so you were angry...then.."

 

"I was angry, so i thought maybe, Jang Ki Young will stop bothering you, knowing you're my acquintance. At that time i thought that being BTS's Jungkook, being popular, young and famous makes me powerful, powerful enough to stop him from trash talking about you.
But well..turn out that i'm wrong, i was stupid for thinking like that."

And now the atmosphere is gloomy again, Jungkook talks in such a manner that even makes Yeri who watch him feels hurt. And now she’s already lost her smile.
Reality hit her hard, about herself and Jungkook who is nothing but kids to this big and scary world. They can't do much for freeing themselves from troubles.

"What did he do to you exactly?" Jungkook who notice that Yeri is now looked down and lost her smile, realized that what happened to her because of him is far from good.

"He want to use me as one of his model to promote his brand. He made a remarkable offer, so much money, so much promotion for my name, a really great contract, but then he also threaten me to not get caught dating, he even put it in the clausul of my contract. He thought that i'm dating you."

"Did you said yes to that?" Yeri is now staring at him again. And a bitter smile showed up on her pretty face.

"I don't have a say on that matter."

Well, Jungkook knows it better than anyone. Their job, especially regarding schedulling and stuffs, they have no right to say no. Their agency choosing their work after a long thoughts, discussion, and negotiation,  so if they found something is profittable, they'll take it.

"How much money do i need to pay for your contract penalty again?" Yeri is laughing because of his question, He sounds so dependable like that, but also cute.

"I can work really hard and keeping you here, you can tell people that you emmigrate to somewhere far away."

Jungkook is now taking Yeri to his embrace while caressing her hair. He is so warm, it makes Yeri want to say yes for that offer.

"I'm 20 years old right now, and the average life span of a person in our country is 70 years old. That means i need to spent 50 years together with you, that's half of a century..i need to think about that first.."

For both Jungkook and Yeri, things like that is never imppossible. They're growing up knowing that their parents getting married in such a young age, start to build a family with simplicity at the age of early 20 .
And both of their parents are still doing fine taking care of each other even after so many years passed. Things like that is not a fairytale for them, it happens in real life.  
But since they choose to do this life,  they found something new on their life, something exciting and fascinating, they still want to spend their life on that, they want to know so many things from the outside world.
Maybe it'll be better if they met each other a decade from now, when they already done with their life adventure, But people can't always choose their fate, right?

"I'll see Mr. Jang to sign the contract in a few weeks.." Yeri is pulling herself from Jungkook’s embrace and she choose to tell him everything.

"I received the possible list of my schedule, and..just like what you said he is a trash."

"Why?"

"I don't see anything instead of spending time with him and his colleagues, He called the activity as gala dinner and promotion plus entertainment with stake holder, but i'm not that stupid to know what exactly he expect from me.."

Jungkook looks really surprised hearing that, like what the hell is this thing could happened?

"I'll talk to him, or i'll talk to your agency about this. They won't say yes, if we could explain how Jang ki yong is a trash."

"We don't have proofs, and all that paper work you gave me, his name never mentioned on that. He's clean in front of others."

"We still need to do something."

"Him coming to me only 4 days after we met him on that restaurant is definitely tell something about his power and his networking, my agency is selective over investor.”

 Jungkook is now getting off from the bed, and reach to a small table near the window to grab his phone. Yeri is watching his movements, instead of angry, Jungkook looks confused and scared, just like her when she first saw Mr. Jang yesterday.

"I know someone who can help us."
Jaewon is the first person on Jungkook’s mind, he's planning to give him a call and ask him for help. But now Yeri is standing in front of him, she take his phone away from his hands.

"I'll fix this for you." He talks to her with uncertainty.

Yeri knows that Jungkook must be feel so much wronged to her after what happened, she also know that he is determine to make things right, his will is strong, but again, he need to realized that their capability is limited.

"If someone like me who's acting like a rebel for few times, running away from my manager, refused to do this and to do that when i told to doesn't have any courage to mess with that person, then you who's so much more delicate and more kind than me shouldn't do that either."

Yeri already saw Jungkook and his tears for a few times on her lifes. Him crying when BTS won an award, him crying on his concerts, him crying when they watched sad movie together, and him crying when she was lost in mountains,
She knows people who talk about, seeing Jeon Jung Kook cry really makes their heart hurts. And when he's here with his tears standing in front of her, sheding tears because of what happened to her, the hurtfeelings is multipled by hundreds.
He’s far from crying hard like what Yeri did. But still, he doesn't look strong at all when he cries.

"You know that your tears are powerful, right?" Yeri is now reach to him and wiping his tears with the edge of her denim jacket’s sleeves. Jungkook’s tears is so powerful that is enough to makes her cry too.

"I'm really sorry." Yeri doesn' remember how mant times he told her sorry tonight.

 




Yeri and Jungkook is agree that the bedroom is not a good place to talk, they're becoming more depressed in there. So they decide to watch Jungkook's favorite horror movie with few cups of instant ramen as their snack in the living room, Jungkook is sitting in the floor while Yeri laying on the couch.

"How can you eat while watching this movie?" It's a some type of zombie apocalypse movie, blood is everywhere, and Yeri is fascinated with Jungkook who’s already on his 3rd cup of noodles.
She asked him while playing with his soft hair from the back. Jungkook is lucky because he doesn't really dyed his hair often, so his scalp still looks healthy.

"I'm hungry."

"You didn't eat my ommelete, that's why you're hungry."
Jungkook didn't eat her food at all, he just left it at the kitchen counter.

He’s turn his face back to Yeri, who's still playing with his hair, she looks surprised but also manage to give him a smile.
Jungkook looks cute when he eats, his nose is still red because of crying earlier and now he looks happier after he eats.

"What about last night? you were like an emo teenager, crying while being drunk.."
Yeri is a little bit tired to talked about yesterday because It’s actually has something to do with Mr. Jang, and she want to take a break from talking about him with Jungkook.

"I met one of Mr. Jang’s staff, and she told me weird me things because she saw what we did on that corridor."
Jungkook looks uncomfortable when he heard Mr. Jang's name again, but seconds later he give Yeri a smile.

"I wonder what did she saw in that corridor, you don't remember so you won't know. shame."
Jungkook knows exactly that Yeri remember everything. He can see when her face is blushing because he asked that question.

"You just feel bad because i said that i don't remember what happened so you choose to tease me, right?"
Jungkook looks taken aback when Yeri is now the one who , well.. of course he feels bad if Yeri claims to not remember those moments. It'll be weird if he's the only one who has memories about it.

Yeri can't help but laugh when Jungkook is now back to watch his movie and ignoring her remarks.
"You're really sulking like kids." She’s linking both of her arms on his shoulder, hugging him from the back, after she said that.

It's not like Yeri doesn't aware that her troubles with Mr. Jang is still on going. But moment like this when she could treat Jungkook as her escape from those troubles is something that she really likes.

"I remember i did this." Yeri makes Jungkook turn his face to her and give him a kiss. Not a same kiss that he did to her last night. Just a gentle and simple kiss, which is enough to warm your heart but not to trigger your lust.
Yeri remember what happened last night. How can she forget when everything feels like a fantasy for her.

"Tell your members that you won't come home tonight." Jungkook is now standing in front of her who's still sit on the couch when she finally stop kissing him.

"Call them or send them messages." Yeri letting out a little smile, when Jungkook ruffling her hair and walking away to the kitchen to eat her ommelete she made earlier.