Ch : 13

Sweet Escape Pt. 2


Jungkook is in the middle of watching TV and switcing its channel when Yeri entering his room. He already take an hour nap, and this kid is still here. Looks like she really is feels wronged about what happened to him.

"Why are you locking the door?" He get confused with the way Yeri is behaving right now.

"I'm officially your caretaker for tonight." She's walking to his bed, while bring a few bottles of mineral water from the fridge.

"Really?"

"I sent your hyungs back home. some of them has work so they already leave earlier, Jimin and Jin oppa let me stay for a night."
Yeri is now take a sit on chair beside his bed while helping him to switch the tv channels.

"Why?"

"I feel sorry to them. They looks so stressed and exhausted. Looks like they actually really fond of you."

Jungkook doesn't really think about it, he doesn't really think far about how his hyungs takes the situation, how they're adapting to it, and how they handle the troubles he caused.

"You should be good to them." Yeri is focusing her eyes to the TV when Jungkook pat her head from the back and strumming her hair with his weak hands.

"You should be good to your members too. They looks so stressed."

For the past few moments, right before her trip to Bali. Yeri is aware that she gave all of her unnies a hard time too. She ran away from her manager for a few times. She's sneaking out from their dorm to spent times at her parents's home.
There were also times, when her group got hate because people don't like to see Yeri being unhappy on stages. She was behaving so weird, so they let her go for the Bali trip. The trip where she met Jungkook, things got better for her after that trip thanks to him.
But then these days, she has troubles with Mr. Jang, and  Jungkook got hurt. She act without thinking so many times, and it's obviously stressing them out becasue they don't know what is happening.

"I did so many wrong things to them."
Yeri is now stop watching the TV and back to Jungkook.

"I did so many wrong things to you too."


As for Jungkook, it's not only Yeri who did wrong things to him. But he also did things that resulted to her suffering.
"Come here." 
Yeri give Jungkook a confused look when he told her to sleep on his bed.

"it's fine, i can sleep on the couch, just like our first night in Bali."  It'll be uncomfortable for him to share his bed. He's definitely still hurting.
 

"A caretaker duty is to makes its patient feels better. I'll feel better if i'll hold you while i fall asleep."
Jungkook talks to her while holding her hands and he let a little laugh when he said that, like he knows it’ll be uncomfortable for him but he still wants to do it.

"I’m being obedient because you’re sick.. and also you need to tell me if you're hurt or uncomfortable.."

Yeri take an empty space on his bed while trying to not do some big movement, afraid that Jungkook will feels pain because of it.

"Alright. I will."

When Yeri finally in his embrace, she can actually see his injury closer. She can feel a huge band aid was being rolled on his stomach, and a few of it is was attached to his back, she can feels it with her bare hands.

"Are you going to be fine?"

"What do you mean?"

"These injuries, are you going to be fine? is it going to affect you in a long time? where you can no longer dance or exercise?"

Jungkook is smiling hearing that innocent question. Of course he was worried about that too, when he finally wake up yesterday. He can't imagine if these injuries will resulted him to not be able stand on stages anymore.
But doctors said his injury is not something to be concerned that far, it's only external wound, 3 weeks and he'll be fine.

Yeri feel nervous when Jungkook takes a long time to answer her question, if he said yes to that, Yeri will probably retired and choose to taking care of Jungkook for the rest of her life. 
 
She knows very well how Jungkook cherished this part of his life,  and Yeri has no right to take it away from him at all. Standing on stage, singing, performing, in front of thousands eyes. You don't need to know him for a long time before you realized that thing. He's someone who always give his all for every and each performances. It’s completely shown in his eyes everytime Yeri watched him perform since few years ago till today.
That's why she was surprised when she learn about Jungkook back in Bali, because he's kinda awkward and shy with stranger despite being confidence on stage.

"No, I'll be fine in a few weeks." Jungkook can see from Yeri's eyes that she's not believe him 100 %.

"I'm fine."

"Really?" He nod his head, and Yeri looks relieved hearing that, she's linking both of her arms on his waist and give him a hug.

"Thank you " She told him that in a thin voice. Because she's already lost her count about things that she should be thankful to him.

"I always though that if i ever get caught with my male friends being close and stuffs, the worst thing that could happened is me getting hate, me getting called out for being not good enough, me getting cut off of my jobs because i'm damaging the contract. Just a cliche and simple things." Yeri is now staring at Jungkook who's still holding her close.

"I already prepared for it. what if i get caught when i hugged you or i kissed you, people will called me not good enough for you, and others will called you not good enough for me, they will told me to practice my skills instead of playing around with some guy... and others will told you to stay away from a young girl like me.”

Jungkook is now listening to Yeri chuckling, focusing on every each words she said to him. It's just feel nice to hear her talking, even though what she said was some weird things like those.

“You’re being paranoid.”

"No..i’m being totally realistic. But well.. As i spent times with you, at some point i already made my mind that you're worthy. I won't care about anyone else and what they said about me, i'll just keep seeing you, talk to you, play with you…”

She stopped staring at him, and now use her fingers to touch a small wound on his arms.

“But i never prepared for seeing you hurting, injured, and wounded because of me like this. I am scared."

Yeri already prepared if one day people will find out about her and Jungkook. She already prepared to receive both supports and backlashs. But she never prepared for Jungkook to actually get hurt really badly because of her, so of course she doesn't know what to do with this.

"I didn't prepare to get hit either. I didn't know that Mr. Jang is crazy, the only thing i know was you who were in the edge of being used by a trash, and i need to getting you out from that. This is part of my responsibility."

"I'm not a kid. I can be responsible for my self."

"Really?"

"Yes..I mean.. no with the problem with Mr. Jang but I can do it  in my overall life..you know.."

Yeri close her eyes when Jungkook stopped her talk with giving her a few kisses on her lips. He really knows how to makes her heart flutter, even when he is weak and sick.

"What's the point of this talk anyway? I already went to him, i already got hit, and i already injured and wounded, nothing will change even if you're complaining about it all night."

"Well..yeah..there's no point, but still i have a right to voicing out my opinion." Yeri talk to him while wipe his wounded lips with her fingers, afraid if him kissing her will makes his wound get worse.

"Are you sure it's an opinion? because i feels like what you're giving me right now is a judgment for what i did."

Yeri was ready to open and fight his argument, but then she realized Jungkook is still a patient, it sounds childish to pick a fight with someone who is sick.

"You're so annoying. Don't talk to me, i'm going to sleep."

Yeri is letting go her hug, and turn her face from him. She purposefully take her body away from him, so Jungkook could know that she is annoyed.
Seconds later, she can feels that Jungkook start holding her from the back. He's resting his chin on her shoulder like it's the most natural thing he ever did to her. He is good with skinship, he’s always good at it as long as she remembers.

"Yerim-ssi, do you want to date me?"

"You never asked. Why now?"

"I forgot."

Yeri can't believe his answer, that's ridiculous. She is back to Jungkook, opening her eyes wide, staring at him demanding an explanation.

"I thought you were already my girlfriend for 5 years or something."

Jungkook never asked because he doesn't think it's necessary, what they did together is already something that people in relationship do. He's so comfortable with Yeri being around, so he doesn’t think it’s weird for him to actually thinking like that about her.

"Ever since i met you, long way before Bali. I always thought that you give a familiar feeling, that's why i choose to approach you when i lost that game."

" Familiar? what are you talking about, you're really awkward every time we met, not only with me, but you're awkward with everyone.."

Jungkook is a little bit embarassed when Yeri talk to him while giggling. He admits that he's awkward with people, but he doesn't think it's as severe as Yeri thoughts.

“I’m not awkward, I just don’t have too many friends, it’s just you and some other peoples..”

Yeri is now laying on her stomach while still staring at Jungkook who looks so much relaxed for someone who just asked Yeri to be in a relationship. He isn’t a first man who actually asked her that, there’s probably 3 or 4 peoples before him, but no one else is behaving like him.

“I’m not your friend..” Yeri is shaking her head and Jungkook is now the one who give her a glance asking an explanation from her remarks.
 

Jungkook can help but now use his eyes to follow Yeri’s little hands cupping his face and bring it closer to her.

“Can a friend do this though?”

Yeri give him a kiss on both of his cheeks while let a little laugh coming from her in between.

“Or this?”

And Jungkook can’t help but to kiss her back when she finally kiss his wounded lips. It’s even better than the one she did for him in Bali. He knows that she’s happy while doing this. He can see her smile when he while stopping the kiss midway, before Yeri pull him closer and tell him to continue with what he did before. He really likes her.

 

***

Yeri promised to herself to not kiss Jungkook again till the end of the night, because when she stare at him, his wound start to looks weird, it’s getting more red, even though she can not differentiate which one is her lip tint trace and which one is his trace of his blood on his lips but still..

“Are you sure that you never did this before?”

“Did what?”

“I don’t know, my memories is not really good, but I do remember you told me about how you don’t know how to do this thing with me when we first started, you ran away from me, you told me you’re scared..”

“The point?”

“You’re actually good at this.”

“I’m good at kissing you. That’s what you mean?”

Yeri is now back to Jungkook’s embrace when he linking his arms to her shoulder and now giving her another tight hug. He always did this while told her about his plan to keeping her for himself and his plan to tells people about Yeri who who choose to live in a far away country.

“No. That’s not what i mean.” He laughs at her really hard.

“I’m good at flirting, right?”

“It’s partially true. But that’s not it.” Jungkook is still amused with Yeri and  all things she said. Everyone who close to him always called him as someone who is unique and weird with the things he did and he said. But turns out that Yeri is probably more hilarious than him on term of making an  absurd conversations.

He is stopped his laugh, when Yeri use his arms as her pillows as she close her eyes. She looks serious suddenly and it makes him nervous.

“I’m good at showing you my affection, right?”

 “Right.”

“I don’t know what was going on between you and all those girls before me..”

It’s totally makes sense for Yeri to actually learn about Jungkook and his past after what happened between them. She did some research about Jungkook and the “girls” few months ago. She can actually ask him about that, but those curiousity always came when she was alone. She never has those thoughts when Jungkook is around her.

Some girls a.k.a ex girlfriends or people who was rumored to actually close with him, There were not many information about it,  because it seems like Jungkook is already a good guy even before he debuted, none of his exes opening their mouth or simply brag about being part of his life, looks like they completely respect what he has right now and has no reason to trash talking about him. It’s only a few pictures people claims on internet as him and the “girls”.

“But since i’m doing all of this for the first time, I want to do the best of it. It’s true that you are my first kiss..it’s true that I never been in a relationship before. It’s true that I was scared. But still I want to do great. Not for your sake but mine.”

It’s probably sounds like a simple words coming from Yeri, meanwhile for Jungkook it feels like she’s in the middle of lecturing him. He never did good on any relationship he had before, he always ended up hurting others because he’s just so bad with it. After he debuted, it’s getting better because he has fans so he can actually  start to learn from them how to appreciate people you love and people you care without expecting something grande in return. So of course, before that he never try his best, even now..he’s still not doing his best. Not for Yeri, not for his family, not for his fans, not for himself, not for everyone around him.

“You’re doing great..you’re doing so much better than me.” He talks to her without looking at her eyes, and playing with her hands instead.

“I’m not asking you to compete for that. You don’t need to afraid of getting lose from me. There’s no worse or better between us.”

Yeri is now getting up from her sleep and sit on Jungkook’s bed while give him a smile.

“I know..i was just giving you a compliment.”

Jungkook is following Yeri who is now getting up from his sleep, and sit across her while hugging his pillow.

“I already getting used with you being around, I never judge if what I did for you is right or wrong, enough or not, I just saw how you react.   You cried, you angry means you don’t like what I did, You smile, you happy means you like what I did ."

Yer lift her face to him, and again he looks so serious about it.

“You’ve done enough. Even if other people or yourself think otherwise,  I'm the only one matter. You just need to listen to me. And for me, you’re also doing great.”

She give him a hug, linking both of her arms on his neck, patting his back, and caressing his hair while saying that. What  Jungkook did for her is more than enough, started since their trip in Bali till things with Mr. Jang. He took care of everything.

“So..can I start to call you as my own property starting today?”

Jungkook ask her once again, while laughing. He purposefully asking it in a playful manner, because things got so serious right now. But Yeri is not answering him, she chose to let him go from her hug and now avoiding his eyes.

“About that..Are you going to  hate me if I say no?”