Ch : 3

Sweet Escape Pt. 2

Jungkook is back to his friends after his encounter with Yeri.
Everyone seems enjoying themselves, so nobody is asking him about what happened.
"I'm coming home first, tell everyone they can eat and drink more, i already taking care the bill." He talks to Jaehyun while packing up his bag and finished his left over food in a quick movements.
"oooh..are you celebrating something?"
"A good thing just happened to me, so yeah.."
"Well, then see you around..good luck for the comeback."
Jungkook give him a nod and a smile before he left the restaurant with a so much better conditions than when he came here.

 

***

 

"You're gone for almost a half an hour and now back here giving me a dark vibe."
Yeri doesn't want to eat anything, she can not believe what she did and she said earlier to Jungkook. She knows that it is good for her to actually talk to him and explain herself, but still..
"I should have said that i like you instead of i want you."
"Kim Yerim, now you're talking to yourself, seriously, what is going on?" For her friend, Yeri’s condition and situation is concerning to be honest.
"Do you ever confessed to a man?" Yeri with her sudden question.
"Plenty of times."
"Who?"
"My crush at school for 2 years, my neighboor who live in an apartment next to me for 9 years, and a college friends who i met on my first day."
"How long you know them?"
"It's varied,  usually, we're becoming close as a friend first for 3 or 4 months, sometimes even a year."
"So longer than a week?"
"Obviously, what can you learn from someone in a week?"
"So a week is not normal?"
"Hmm...if the guy is a male-god, the one who desired by every woman, i'll probably do it."
It’s totally not helping at all, if the only thing Yeri got from that conversation is Jungkook who’s probably a male-god in disguise according to her friend.
“I hate you.”


 


"Thank you for helping me out, Yerim-ah.." Wendy give Yeri a quick peck on her cheeks in front of their door.

Today is supposed to be Wendy's schedule for MCing a music show as a special guest, but last night she was down with high fever and flu. The other members are already have their own schedule and Yeri is the only one left. So of course, the replacement is noone else but her.
"Don't worry about the BTS members, they already apologized to you, and if they bothers you, just tell manager oppa about that."

BTS and Jungkook is promoting right now, it's already 2 weeks since the last time she met him, there's no response from him whatsoever. So Yeri making a conclusion by herself, He's still angry. And to see him again today..she doesn't really want it.

"I don't really bothered, I’m just nervous because i didn't have many times to learn the script."
Wendy give her a smile and a hug when they finally part ways.
"You'll be fine."

Things turns out fine indeed, better than her expectation, she's lucky that BTS doesn't have any share of interview before their stage, so she doesn't need to interact with them in front of camera.
"You worked hard." Yeri is in the middle of saying goodbye to all the music show staff after the broadcast end.
"You members is here." her manager told her that her members is here to picking her up, and since Wendy just got back from the hospital, they decide to take her out for dinner.
"Where are they?"
"Waiting room, we still need to settle a few things for the restaurant, so you can also wait there first.”

 

***

"You look cute." That's what her unnies said when Yeri finally joining them inside the waiting room.
"Thank you for the compliment, but i'm still not buying the hairdryer."
It's been an argument for 2 weeks between them, they watched a home shopping channel together one day, they sold a high tech hairdryer, and they want it. Yeri didn't remember when it's started, but her unnies start pestering her about it.
"I knew it."
They laugh together and now busy talking about what they did for their individual schedule, Irene and Joy has a photo shoot meanwhile Seulgi is done with a variety show filming.

Not long after, two stylist and their managers is joining them too, they're busy with their own thing until a knock on the door makes all of them stopped.
"I'll open it." one of their stylist offering herself to do the job and now they're back on doing their own thing.
Strange for Yeri, she feels uneasy about that knock. And when the door opened, her instinct proven to be true.


Jungkook is standing there, he already changed his stage costume with a plain checkered shirt and blue jeans.
"If that's what i want, you will see me on your waiting room, knocking on the door. I won't ask other for helps"
Yeri can not help but searching that words in her memories, words he said to her when she thought that he’s approaching her to get close with one of her unnies few months ago. And seriously the only thing Yeri want to say to him right now is,
"Being brave and stupid, you just need to know the difference."
Because what’s happening right now is, all eyes are on him, everyone is waiting for him to talk or do something. They looks surprised and confused.
Meanwhile, her members, especially Joy is now staring at her, they're waiting for her to do something instead.

Jungkook give everyone a bow and ready to say something but Yeri is quick. She's getting up from her sit and push him away from the door and close it immediately.
"Why are you here?" That's what she said to him while still holding him close, afraid that someone will heard what she said.
"I’m  looking for you." He said that, like it's the most usual thing ever and it really makes Yeri frustrated but somehow fluttered.
"Aren't you mad at me?" Yeri is hiding herself behind Jungkook’s back, when a few people from properties team passed by. She knows that people who work in a broadcast station like them won't care if idols are talking together, spending times together, or even dating around because they already saw too many people do that.
But still, it'll becoming a different story if it's her and Jungkook. She knows that people will feel itchy to talk about them being close and stuffs.

"Give me your hand." He talks really close to her ears and it's honestly not good for Yeri's well being.
Yeri lift her hands slowly, and Jungkook hold her palms and put a small thing into it.
He's giving her something is already surprising, but Yeri is even more ecstatic when she saw Jungkook is wearing her gift, the bracelet on his hands again.
"I'm sorry for giving it too late."
He left her after giving her a smile and ruffling her hair quickly. And the only thing Yeri can do is staring at him as he walking away from her.


"He gave me something for playing game. Overwatch." That's what she said, when she's back into the room and everyone asking her what is going on.
Glad Jungkook gave her a USB, so her excuse sounds makes sense and reasonable. Even though all her unnies still not believe in her, but at least her staff understands it.

 

***
 

"That was so.." and now they're back to their dorm, Yeri knows that the talk about Jungkook won't end easily like that.
"unexpected."
"suspicious"
"intense"
They're taking turn to say those words and Yeri can't help but feels cornered.
"I thought you refused to meet him because of that punishment." Joy is now demanding an explanation from Yeri.
"I didn't. We just communicate through a group chat for overwatch thingy, and i met him two weeks ago coincidentally, we talk briefly, and he offers me to give this, and he did"
That's a quite good made up story to be honest. Yeri still can not bring her self to talk about Bali to them. They will becoming furious if they know that she went to Bali with Jungkook, only two of them.
"It's honestly hard to believe, but if you say so, then.."
"Why won't you believe me?"
Yeri is now pouting her lips, act like she dissapointed by her unnies behaviour.
"Because you didn't see your own face when you're back after meeting him."
"You were blushing, you were smiling a lot after that."

Yeri decide to ignore them and get into her room, lock herself inside.

The USB Jungkook gave to her is on her hands. She's sure that he gave her all the pictures she asked for when they're still on their Bali trip.
She remember asking him those pictures, but then she ran away and she's avoiding him, he has no chance to give this to her.

Yeri sit on her work desk, and turning on her notebook. It's been months since Bali, and she actually feel nervous to actually see part of memories from that trip.

Yeri begins to click the pictures, sometimes she let out a smile when she saw her pictures on it. She looks really happy.
Jungkook is lying about deleting everything right after they're back home, because he still keeps it after months, he even keep this particular picture.

There's a picture of her together with Jungkook, taken by their driver when they're on their way back from the village where she went missing.
They took the picture near a small hill, she remembers that she begged to Jungkook and their driver to help her climb with her injured ankle but they said no firmly, so they just took the picture on the road.
Jungkook was looking straight to the camera while smiling wide, hands on her shoulder because he was helping her to stand since she's injured.
Meanwhile Yeri, she remembers that she also did a pose for the camera because their driver was counting before he took the pictures. But the picture taken tell her otherwise.
She was staring at him from the side, with those dazzling eyes she usually use to stare at her favorite ice cream, the one that she likes the most.
"I already went crazy back then." She's mumbling that words while zooming in the picture, focusing to her eyes. It's fascinating.

Yeri is ready to turning off her notebook after one hour clicking each and every pictures on that USB, when she find another folder with only a dot as its name.
She clicked on it fast, and there's one file inside it, a video file. The title is a dot too.
Of course Jungkook, what should she expect from someone who use a black avatar as his profile picture on his kakao id for months.
"I hope it's not a secret file or something." Yeri use her earphone to watch instead of the speaker, afraid that her unnies from outside will hear.

Less than 5 seconds into the video, Yeri is already feels some sort of happiness and amazement. It's a vlog. He made her a vlog.
Similiar to what she saw on their youtube channel months ago, a trip vlog he did with his hyungs, it's really similiar, only the background song is not actually a song.
It's him singing.


Yeri knows that on their trip, he took a lot of short videos of her, and he made a compilation of it, only her from his point of view.
He has one shot of her watching a sunset, there's also a footage of Yeri eating her dinner while telling him to stop filming and focus with his food instead, Yeri at the festival, riding the swing, he has everything.

And the last part is no longer a footage with BGM, he doesn't mute the sound.
It's a video taken by Yeri when Jungkook driving her back to their resort from the hospital check after she lost in the mountain.
At first, she wants to take a picture of her bloated ankle with all the band aid on it, because it looks scary and weird at the same time, but in the end she choose to film Jungkook who's driving.
"Jeon Jungkook-ssi what do you think of Kim Ye rim after taking an exciting trip wit her?”
"is it an interview?"

Yeri can't help but letting out a small laugh watching it because Jungkook is also laughing at the video.
"It'll be deleted tomorrow anyway, come on answer it, what do you think about me?"
Yeri remember that they arrived at the resort before Jungkook answer her question. And the screen went blank after that footage, it's a 5 mins video.
 She thought that the video is finally ended, but then she heard Jungkook's voice through her earphone once again.
"If you still want to hear the answer, let me see you again, don't run away."
Hearing that, Yeri decided to check the properties of this video.
It was storaged here since months ago, 2 weeks after their last day in Bali. That's explain why those last message is there.

And Yeri realized, if she's already tired after a few weeks Jungkook ignoring her, he must be suffering too for the past few months. If she's into him right after Bali, it's obvious Jungkook feels the same way too because this video is exist.

 




"Tomorrow is 6am." Jungkook just finished a meeting with his staffs and about tomorrow schedule. All of his hyungs choose to go home because in a promoting periode, every rest time and sleeps time is precious, meanwhile Jungkook still want to spend times on his studio.
"Don't come home too late." Jungkook nod his head to one of his manager while waving his hand.

Jungkook’s golden closet, a cozy simple studio he has since last year which is also functioned like his own room.  Especially after what happened in Bali and the mess after. He spend his times mostly here. Working on a news songs, making vlogs, picture editing, gaming, watching movies, everything.

Jungkook is busy with his own thoughts so he doesn't really aware about his phone ringing.
He lets it ring for almost one minute before he pick it up.
"Can i see you right now?" It's Yeri's voice obviously. She doesn’t even wait for him to say hello or something and just throwing that question out of nowhere.
"I'm busy."
Well..to be honest, Jungkook’s schedule start at early morning tomorrow, if he deals with Yeri right now, while being clueless about what will this kid do to him, it's actually not a good choice to see her right now. He's been losing too many sleep because of her.
"Where are you now? i'll come to you."
"Kid, it's midnight."
"I saw your video and i want my answer right now."
"What video?"
"The dot video you gave me."
Right. He made the video not long after he's back from Bali, he was really annoyed, dumbfounded, dissapointed, and sad with what Yeri did to him so he made that video. Embarassing.
If he knew that Yeri will be the one who come to him and told him that she has something for him, he won't be making it in the first place.
"Just forget about it.”
“Why should I forget it, It’s a 5 mins long video with me as a main focus.”

Yeri is persistent, this side of her was the one that actually made the Bali trip happened. He knows he can not win this.
“I'm at Big hit right now… don't do anything stupid like going here alone. Just wait for me."
"But you don't know where am i.."

 


***


It's midnight already, she knows that it's risky to come out alone.
Big hit is probably 30 minutes away from her dorm with a taxi. But well..Jungkook said to not go, so she won't. She'll just waiting on her room while thinking what should she do if Jungkook actually made it to find her dorm and stuffs.

It's 1.30 AM at dawn when she finally received a message from Jungkook. He told her that he's here already.
Yeri doesn't know from where he get her address, but she decide to see him first and think about it later.
She's coming out from her room with a cardigan, and a gray snap back, she styled her hair at the living room before she come out.

"Pretty." Seulgi's voice is soft but she can sense that she's teasing her.
Everyone is still here, focusing their eyes to the tv screen. The other three is already sleeping, only her is awake.
"I'm going to the convenience store at front, i need..”
"I won't tell anyone." Seulgi cutting of her words, she's 100 % aware that Yeri is out for a meeting with someone.
Yeri doesn't want to tell her about Jungkook either, so she's only responding with an awkward smile.

 

***

 

Yeri and her members live in a luxurious apartment and neighborhood, tight security and peaceful road. Of course, it's not as grand as Jungkook's dorm which literally a place where celebrities and rich people lives, but compared to his first dorm 5 years ago, Yeri live in such a great place.

Jungkook already sent her a text message about waiting for her at the front gate, he took a taxi to go here and he asked one of his manager about her address.
Back then when they're still looking for a place to move in, his manager suggesting this place to his agency, he mentioned that there's another idol group living in the same area, Red velvet .
They ended up not taking the suggestion because the area is a little bit far from Big hit old buliding.
The thought of possibilities for him and Yeri live in same area is really funny. They could be a neighboor instead of a friend.

"Jungkook oppa!" That voice, Jungkook turn his face to Yeri who's now running lightly to his direction.
She's covering her long hair with a snap back, looks like she doesn't want to get recognized too even in her own home at time like this.
"You only calling me that, when you're in disadvantages."

For Jungkook, Yeri is definitely someone that is so similiar to him, except for her easy going personality. They like lots of similiar things and they also have so many common interest. But even with that, he's aware one week trip is far from enough to actually define their value for each other.
But if she keep doing things like right now, defining her as someone who's holding a special value for him is not hard.

 

***

Yeri just feel bad about what happened, about what she did. Running away is such a bad choice to do at situation like that, refuse to talk to him after he try to reach her is also not a good attitude.
So when she finally find him, standing in front of her wearing his oversized hoodie and a huge backpack, willing to see her at dawn after a long day. The only thing she wants to do is embracing him, and she did.
Back in Bali, Jungkook is always the only one that giving her a hug, she never did one for him before, and it's totally possible if Jungkook is taken aback by her doing right now. But it turns ot that she only needs less than 4 seconds before Jungkook wrapping her with his arm, it's a literal 4 seconds. She counted. And she’s proud of it.