Ch : 9

Sweet Escape Pt. 2

Yeri choose to watch her favorite cartoon, following Jungkook’s suggestion. Seems like the alcohol still affecting her body, because now she’s sleepy as hell, her head is spinning, and her stomach really craving for a real food.

“I already on my third episode, are you still not done yet?” Yeri can see a glance of Jungkook who’s still busy on the kitchen after an hour or so.

“It’s done.”

Yeri is getting up from her sleep when Jungkook came to her with a small table on his hand, The food is already here. Judging from the appearance, this one looks really edible, one bowl of soup, on portin of fried rice, and a simple fried sausages.

“I’ll take a quick shower, you can eat first.” Yeri stare at Jungkook who looks extremele exhausted, he’s sweating, her hair is now damp with her own sweat. Looks like he just got back from performing a full concert.

“I’ll wait.”

***

Yeri took a picture of their dinner and  start to use her phone, 9 missed calls combined from her unnies. 3 from her managers.
Yeri decide to send the picture she took to Red velvet’s group chat. She told them that she’s in the middle of dinner and will be coming home late. Sge also told them to tell her manager that she is fine.
Yeri actually feels bad to her manager the most after today. She knows that he just want the best for her, he want Yeri to have her own job and her own popularity. He doesn’t know anything, about Mr. Jang and Jungkook so of course it’s not fair for her to get mad at him.

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook is now back after taking a shower, he looks curious with Yeri sho’s busy with her phone.

“Nothing.” Yeri give him a smile and put her phone back to her bag.

Yeri begin to try his food, start from the soup. Jungkook is waiting for her reactions, and Yeri can not help but feel nervous about it.

The soup is salty, but she still manage to give him a smile.

“It’s nice.” Well, the appearance is good, combined with his efforts for making this, a "nice" comment isn’t overrated.

“Try the rice too.”

Yeri change her focus to a fried rice in front o f her, she try one scoop of it, and its actually taste better than the soup, but he made it with too much spice and Yeri is not good with spicy food.

“It’s too spicy for me.” She’s being honest with this one and Jungkook looks a little bit wronged and told her to drink her water.

Conclusion is she can’t eat this. The only good thing from this is the fried sausage. But of course Yeri won’t tell him that. He already worked so hard on this.
 

Jungkook is relieved when he find Yeri start eating his food, and enjoying it. So he decide to give his food a try too, he's also hungry after skipped dinner tonight.

One spoon of the soup, Jungkook is hit by the reality that this is horrible, not to mention the fried rice is really spicy. He regrets to not having a taste for this food before he’s serving it to  Yeri.

“Kid, do you really like me that much?” Yeri stopped her eat and lift her face to Jungkook who is now laughing at her while give a little squeeze on her cheeks.

“Stop eating those, this food is horrible.” He takes away Yeri’s utensils and now getting up from his sit only to come closer to her.

“It’s not horrible.” Yeri disagreeing with him and now try to take her chopstick back from him.

“Pretty.”

“A recycled pick up line.”

“No, this is probably the prettiest gesture you ever did for me.”

Well, Yeri is aware that she’s not someone who did a lot for Jungkook. But to find him being happy with this kind of small and cliché thing really makes Yeri even more thankful to be around him.

“So cute.” Jungkook takes their table away, and Yeri looks unhappy because of that.

“I’ll made you a toast.”

Yeri is catching up with Jungkook and now walking in front of him to the kitchen.

“I can make it by my self. A toast is easy.” Now she’s already took over the kitchen, rummaging Jungkook’s fridge taking out a few things from it.

***

Jungkook is now watching her, while sitting on a high chair at the kitchen counter after finished cleaning up his failed dinner. He usually good with cooking, it’s weird that he made horrible stuffs like that.

“I’ll make you a sandwich instead of a toast.” Yeri is now slicing a few pieces tomato, and Jungkook looks surprised because she’s good with it.

“I always have this kind of imagination. If I’m not an idol, I’ll probably stay at my college dorm, making a simple food in the kitchen like this.”

“At 1 am? Making it for a guy? Wearing something like that?”

Yeri is in the middle of chewing a few pieces of blueberry she found on the fridge when Jungkook talking to her and lowkey judging what she’s doing.

“Well..you’re not a good chef. And why are you judging what I’m wearing when you’re the one who give me this?”

“I didn’t tell you to wear only that, you still have your jeans somewhere right?”

Yeri is now laughing by herself hearing his words, because well, this black shirt is definitely a size of grown up man, it’s too long, the end of it is already reach her knee, she’s not thinking about it too much when she choose to only wears her short shorts instead of her jeans, but then it’s not her fault if Jungkook is bothered by it.

“You’re lucky I’m a responsible adult and a man with dignity. You don’t know how many trash out there who’s thinking that girl like you, idols like us, is a product. I hate that kind of people the most.”

It’s so easy to Yeri to guessing that the way he talks has something to do with his encounter with Mr. Jang and all his colleagues a few days ago. He really sounds angry talking about them.

“So what will you do, if you’re not an idol ?” Yeri lost her smile and now asking Jungkook without looking at him. Jungkook thought maybe she doesn’t like it when he’s complaining about her clothes earlier.

“You looks nice though, I like it.”

“I know.” And now her smile is back.

“I’m not good with studying so I’ll probably not in college.  As for right now...I probably just got out from the army, and in the middle of looking for a job? I don’t know I never thought about it.”

Yeri is nodding her head and now give one finished sandwich to him. It’s actually looks good and edible, Jungkook is impressed and also embarrassed because he failed his dinner and Yeri is doing good with this.

“Weird, I always thinking about it all the time.” She’s start to make another sandwich for herself while saying that.

“Tell me about it, your imaginary life.” And she’s stopped when Jungkook is not eating his food but watching her instead, waiting for her to say something.

“I just turned 20 years old, I graduated high school this year and I’m on my first year of college right now, my course will probably fashion design or Korean literature. I live away from home, because I want my freedom, and if my parents won’t allow it, I’ll probably run away every weekend to attend some get together and party and staying up in one of my friends’s dorm.”

Jungkook really loves hearing her story and watching her close like this. She really feels like an escape from his busy and hectic life.

“So you’re a rebel?”

“I’m someone who likes adventure, it’s different with being a rebel..right now, I probably on my 6th relationship, my boyfriend is my senior, 4 years older than me..”

“Six? “

Yeri stare at Jungkook when he look susrprised with her words.

“I’m friends with everyone, that much is makes sense.”

“Yeah..sounds about right. Why he needs to be 4 years older than you though?”

“Well, I don’t mind with someone who is ten or twelve years older than me too, but then it doesn’t makes sense if people that old is still in college, don’t you think? “

“And what about someone’s younger than you?”

“I don’t mind either, but that means I’m dating a minor, and it makes me a criminal.”

“Right.”

“So is he handsome? Your boyfriend?” Yeri is struggling with opening a jar of mustard so Jungkook helping her with that while asking her another question.

“He doesn’t need to be handsome, just someone who’s similar with me, gentle and kind.”

“Are you happy on that life?”

Yeri take a quick glance to Jungkook before answering his question.

“I think so.”

She finished her second sandwich and now, cleaning up the kitchen and put the rest of her food back to the fridge.

“What about now, on this life, are you happy?” Jungkook asking her that while take a bite of her sandwhich

Yeri bring her plate of sandwich out from the kitchen, she takes a sit on a chair beside Jungkook

“How about you? Are you happy?” Yeri is now the one who ask him a question, and honestly Jungkook doesn’t think that the question is hard, because unlike Yeri, he never though about life that he won’t ever have.

“There will be sad times, and also good times, but I think I love my life. I’m happy most of times.”

“Good.” Yeri use her hands to brush Jungkook’s damp hair from his forehead, because his fringe is covering his eyes.

“And you?”

“Let me see...being an idol..well, my parents is proud of me, and they don’t need to deal with an adventourous college student, so that’s good. I lost a little part of my freedom and privacy, and I also need to care about people’s perception, but then I gained my members, people who cares for me, fans who supports me genuinely, friends from these industry, and there’s...you.”

She ended up her talk wihile pointing her finger into his shoulder while smling, and it’s honestly enough to makes Jungkook feels like his encounter with Yeri is probably one of the best thing that ever happened to him. He really likes her.

“I think I’m also happy on this life.”

Yeri is back to her sandwhich and now start eating it, hopefully her stomach won’t reject its first food. Shee knows that Jungkook still staring at her after what she said, he must be overwhelming because Yeri too, gathered tons of courage to say that Jungkook is one of the reason for her happiness.

“And what happened tonight? You don’t look as happy as you told me.”

“I’m sorry for behaving bad earlier.”

Jungkook is already tired for asking her what’s going on, it’s probably his 5th times for asking her that, and Yeri is not giving him any answer, not even a clue.

“Can I talk to you about it later?” And now Jungkook realized Yeri making it clear for him that she doesn’t want to talk about it at all.

“Is it really bad?”

“Sort of.”

Yeri is quiet after that, so does Jungkook who doesn’t know how to console her, he’s back into Jungkook who’s being insecure, afraid that Yeri with her problem find him and his existence is useless.
 


 

It’s almost 3 am at morning, when Yeri finally reached her dorm. Jungkook is dropping her off, and she’s really not talking about the thing with Mr. Jang to him.

She entered her dorm, all of her unnies is already sleeping, no one is outside anymore. Yeri is still weraring Jungkook’s brother clothes with Jungkook’s coat as the outer, so she decide to wash it together with her own clothes. She doesn’t want to sleep, because that means tomorrow will come out faster that way.

Meanwwhile Jungkook decide to not back to his dorm after dropping Yeri off. He’ll just stay at his brother apartment and thinking about what just happened. Well, if he’s being honest the thing he did and he have with Yeri is probably one of the rebellious thing he ever done since he’s debuted as an idol few years ago. Jungkook is the little chick type who believe and will do anything his mananger or his hyungs told him too, especially things regarding his job and a well being of his career.

He’s someone who always careful with everything he said or he did, because he knows, given with how popular he is, all those things can get used as a weapon against him.

But then Yeri came, not only he went with her for a secret trip,  what just happened tonight too is something beyond surprising. Jungkook never really likes crowded places like club and all things about it.

It makes him wonder if Yeri is the one who changes him, or maybe he already  has this side of him along the way and she is his trigger.

“Where have you been?” Jungkook coming back to his dorm at 6 am in the morning, the sun is already rise, and his hyungs is already wake up. Not everyone but most of them are here.

“I told Sejin hyung that im staying in my brother’s home.”

“Oh, he’s here already?”

“No. I’m just spending time alone there.”

When Jungkook is having no official schedule like today, he usually takes time to rest at his dorm. Since he already lost so many hours of sleep last night, he choose to spend his day on his bed all day, not until Yoongi come to him.

“Jungkookah. Jaewon hyung is here.” Jungkook is surprised hearing his name, because..isn’t he a busy man too? It’s still 8AM in the morning.

“What business do you have with him?” Yoongi is now watching Jungkook getting up from his bed and walking out from his room.

“Nothing.”

“He want to see you though.”



 

“Manager Oppa send this, he told you to read through everything.” Yeri is in the middle of her breakfast when Seulgi come to her and put an envelope full with paper in front of her.

“It’s probably about your new contract.”

Yeri can just open the envelope and read it together with Seulgi, but she choose to bring the envelope into her room and opening there.

Only a few pages of that, and Yeri is already feeling dumbfounded, that Mr. Jang is literally a trash.

It’s contain a list of possible schedule she needs to attend after she signed the contract with him. And honestly, his intention on this is obvious.

No recording campaign song, or cf shooting, or photo shoot for the first one month of her contract. It’s only a bunch of gala dinner she needs to attend, meeting investor, entertainment with stake holder.
This is ridiculous, Yeri really needs to sort this thing out with her agency, no matter how much money on stake for this contract,  this is absurd. Yeri just hoping that people in there still have mercy for a young girl like Yeri and listen to her once.

“Kim Yerim, will you help me out?” Seulgi is calling her over from outside her room.
Right, tonight, Irene’s parents from Daegu will pay a visit to their dorm. So Seulgi and Yeri who has no official schedules today is responsible to at least makes their dorm looks good for the parents visit.

“Wait.” Yeri throw those paper to her desk, and decide to think about it later.

***

7PM and everyone is already here except Irene who was escorting his parents on the lobby. Seulgi and Yeri did a great job cleaning up their dorm and even make some snack for them, well Yeri didn’t makes it, Seulgi did, she only help to wash the dishes and cutting some fruit.

“I hope they like it.” Wendy is the one who is most exited for this. Her parents live overseas so she kinda soft for things like this. Meanwhile Yeri who basically can see her parents with a few minutes drive from her dorm is less excited than her, because she’s afraid that their parents will feel bad seeing their daughter out and in for schedule at dawn, doing nothing but working.

Yeri already met Irene’s parents for a few times, at concert mostly. They’re really nice and kind to her. So she’s also waiting for meeting them again after a long time.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” All of them give Irene and her parents a greeting when they arrived. Her mom is now giving them a hug one by one, while her dad is busy with their belonging. Yeri decide to helping him because it looks like they actually bring a bunch of stuffs as a gift for them.

“This looks cute.” Yeri get a floral dress from Irene’s mom. She told her that she made it by herself while thinking about her, because the last time she saw her Yerim is still in high school and now she’s already an adult.

“Thank you.”

"I'll try this on." Yeri enter her room to change her clothes to this dress.

This is really pretty, it's a sleveless long dress, with flower ornament. Something that is reminding her to summer, beach, to Bali, and to Jungkook.
Yeri use her little time to check her phone, and there's nothing coming from him. Even though Yeri aware that she has no right to complain, because she's not contacting him all day either. But still, it's weird and kinda funny when they can talk and spend time together all night, but then the next day, and even a few days later they don't have any communication whatsoever. Just like right now.
And the weirdest thing is Yeri never feels bad about it.

She decide to scrap thoughts about Jungkook and now focusing to how kind Irene's mom is for making this dress for her.
"You looks pretty."

"More than pretty, i think she looks happy." Yeri letting out a little smile when she heard that, her unnies must be suffering too after what she did yesterday.

"I'll wear this dress to airport someday." Yeri talk while walking back to her room for changing her clothes back to her casual attire, when she heard the door bell ringing.

"I'll get the door."

 Her unnies ordered fried chicken and a pizza for tonight, so she thought it's either one of the two.

 

***


Jungkook knows that he is a mess right now, after he met Jaewon and all things he said to him.

"He is mad because of what you did.."

"Jang Ki Young doesn't like the fact that his colleagues mocking him because he lost over a kid like you.."

"I heard he's coming for Yeri..”

"He's not a good person for people like you and Yeri.."

"I don't know what he did to Yeri, but i heard he already met her..didn't she talk to you about it?"


No. Kim Yerim didn't tell him anything at all. Despite being together last night, talking about so many things but this. He is angry, more than that he's dissapointed.
Yeri probably think that he's not even worthy for that conversartion.

"What are you doing here?" Yeri looks extremely surprised when see find him.

Meanwhile Jungkook, he doesn't know what is Yeri doing right now, but she dressed her self up with a dress that remind him of Yeri who he saw in Bali.

 

Jungkook can feel that Yeri pushed him away from the door, and closing it very quick.

"I want to talk." Yeri can heard an intimidating voice from Jungkook again after a long time.

"I can't right now." Well, obviously Irene's parents visit is so much more important than Jungkook right now, it's really rude of her to just leave like that.

"I'll wait till you're done."
And that's not a good idea either, letting him stay near her dorm till she finished talking with Irene's parents is risky.
What if someone recognized him here, what if her manager suddenly showed up and saw him here.

"Fine." Yeri is back to her dorm, and everyone is waiting for her to say something.

"I need to go out for a minute." Yeri wear her denim jacket and put her phone and her purse to a hand bag and take it with her to the living room. Her unnies seems aware that Jungkook is the reason for her leave.

"Letting him know our dorm is really not a good idea."

That's what Seulgi said when Yeri s hugging Irene's mom and dad, apologized to them for unable to stay. Yeri can heard what she said clearly, and of course she's agree.
She only has plan to let Jungkook knows her apartment, not her exact dorm. So it's technically not her fault.

"Be careful." All of them is now waving their hand before Yeri out from her dorm.

***


"What's going on.." Yeri is still not finished with her sentence, but Jungkook ignoring her and now start walking first.

He's not in a good mood.